[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Uniltiranyu

lol, that would make sense

3. Offline

fugue2005

citizens seem to keep disappearing, they are all in the locations file, but aren't in world. can we get a command to regenerate them?

4. Offline

oleerik

He is fixing it today...

5. Offline

fugue2005

awesome, i am at work and my players are wondering why there are signs saying hit the npc's with a book.

6. Offline

TheDaddyPeanut

Again a fantastic plugin by: Fullwall, Niji and Redecourvette :D :p

7. Offline

Camibus

Dear fullwall, this could turn into one of the best plugins available to bukkit! My only advice is, if and when you add shop and quest support, please focus on making it as easy as possible for the user to interact with the NPC (easy buying and interactions). I can't wait to see how your plugin developes!

8. Offline

fullwall

I'll be starting an input thread soon. Fixing NPCs despawning is coming, hopefully tonight!

9. Offline

Volander

10. Offline

oleerik

@Volander I am also in that fanclub :) Really love this plugin, can't wait for my npcs to come back :p

11. Offline

fullwall

I need a tester :(. Can someone please come on IRC.esper.net #citizens? You'll get to test the new mini-feature as well ;).

12. i'm in the channel

13. Offline

Aidan Moseley

Just a suggestion but could you involve death and respawn for NPC's and some NPC's still invinsible? so far so good keep up the good work

14. Offline

Quizdonkey

Hey fullwall,
    Just wondering, the traders you said you where working on, are they going to be using text to trade? a more chest like gui, i'm not sure if that's possible in bukkit, but I do hope it's the gui, it just makes things seem more physical.
    Keep up the great work!

15. Offline

fullwall

Released 1.06. Take note: for the next few days, I will be working on refactoring the code of this plugin to make it cleaner and easier to add features to.

16. Offline

Waffletastic

So, for right now if we want to use this plugin we just can't restart our servers?

17. Offline

fullwall

? No - get 1.06 and the issue is fixed.

18. Offline

Mrjibidi

Have you been thinking of addin somekind of quest system?? That would be really cool!

19. Offline

fullwall

Yes, I've thought of it. Won't come until later though (probably after guards/traders).

20. Offline

Mrjibidi

Gooood! I just needed to know [​IMG]

21. Offline

Waffletastic

Any idea when trader or guards are coming out?

22. Offline

Deikkan

Can't wait to download the latest update. Is there going to be an option to allow the NPC to follow the player around? Apart from that, good work!

23. Offline

fullwall

Hmmm... maybe. I want to get traders/guards/questers out first though.

24. Offline

Mrjibidi

U had inmind when these traders/guards/questers would come out?

25. Offline

fullwall

Sometime after the refactor (this / next week).

26. Offline

Quizdonkey

So fullwall :p I noticed there are a few "secret" skins for the npc's notch isn't the only non-player named skin.
    I put a npc named "Scallywag" on my ship and lo' and behold he had a pirate skin!
    Any chance of you releasing a list, or are you gonna make us find out :)

27. Offline

enkryptor

I'm sorry, that was my mistake (mis-configured Permissions).

28. Offline

fullwall

There isn't any secret skins! They are all pulled from the minecraft server's official database. Use that to your advantage if you want :).

29. How can i change the skin of a bot?

30. Offline

Sol

Oh man this is so fucking HAWT.

I love you fullwall... in a completely heterosexual manner.

~Sol
    [MERGETIME="1299594975"][/MERGETIME]
    It gets skins from the NAME of the bot from the MINECRAFT database. Name your bot "SoldjahBoy" to get a zombie in a white miami vice suit.

~Sol
    [MERGETIME="1299595019"][/MERGETIME]
    *NOTE*
    SoldjahBoy is my IGN, just in case you were wondering where I pulled that from...

~Sol

31. how can i know which skin comes with which name?