[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Psycho Robot

From what I've seen in the preview video, they must be manually given money and items by the player to sell and buy things.

3. Offline

EliteASH_11

is there a way to stop the instant crash as soon as you add this?

4. Offline

fullwall

Yes, traders must be stocked by you, AI is not within the scope of this plugin yet.
    @EliteASH_11 - what is the error?

5. For anybody with the Internal error problem when creating an NPC, check out Fullwalls github in the OP. The latest release worked perfectly

6. Offline

EliteASH_11

is there a way to view a list of npc's? cause if there isnt there should be.

quickclay likes this.
  7. You should add an explicit link for installation and configuration to the wiki because the changelog is the only wiki link there and people aren't searching for changelogs when they try to configure this :p

8. Offline

EliteASH_11

na dont have an error anymore, the first time i tried it kept crashing though, you should add the ability for mob npc's, i.e Zombie.

9. Offline

Fluub

Hey guys :)
    This plug in is awesome :)
    But i do have one little problem : a lot of commands return the message "You must have an NPC selected (right clic)" . I can configure all in the config files (shutting down my server) but i can't do it in game. Do you have an idea to solve it ? :)

10. Offline

Xemnas33

Changelog, getting started
    ? :S

11. Offline

Jan Tojnar

Select npc (via rightclicking or /npc select id)

12. Offline

fullwall

13. Offline

Xemnas33

14. That very harsh! (of them!) tbh i didnt spend alot of time on it :p maybe 30 minutes and it is a "joke" nothing NEAR what the actual wizard will be. Maybe i should add "this was sarcasm to make you lol" at the end of the video?

15. Offline

blutherz

i tested a little bit 1.08
    NPC still not follow "look" and don't talk.
    Also they disapre when server reboots, but in config file all exist.

(EDIT: I Had same issue in 1.07i)

16. Offline

CaiusTSM

when i run the plugin it gives me an error that says it could not send PLUGIN_Enable event to the plugin:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy

17. Offline

fullwall

Caius, fixed in the next version, as stated previously.

18. Would it be possible to have the skins loaded from a file in your server, like, having a skins folder, and inside that folder a skin png named "1", then write something like /npc skin 1.png (or just 1)

19. Offline

fullwall

Perhaps with a client mod - with just bukkit, no.

20. Offline

Cryt

I have the same problem. We have to wait for an update if I understood well?

21. Offline

fullwall

Yes, the next update (should be early/mid this week).

22. Offline

Cryt

23. We should compile a list of mc usernames to use as skins on our servers.
    I'm using 'Notch , Honeydew , Deadmou5 and Herobrine ' and I've trolled many new users with them :)

24. OMG AN ACTUAL ETA!

Lol I kid, I kid.

Pim1234 likes this.
  25. Offline

NeoGriim

So I'm getting this error when my server starts up:

Code:
    2011-05-08 11:28:25 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to Citizens
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Listeners.PluginListen.onPluginEnable(PluginListen.java:28)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:408)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:633)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    It happens like 20 times. I don't have any trader npc's yet however I like to keep my log as clear from errors as possible. It only started happening after I upgraded my iconomy to 5.0

26. Offline

fullwall

Read up a few posts.

27. Offline

Jdragon

do traders have the option of having infinite items and money? Sort of like the traditional npcs that will sell and buy things.

28. Offline

MugiSNK

Does this plugin slow down the performance of the server? My buddy is playing with me through Hamachi but it lags a lot for him, but it doesn't lag for me. I've got 24 NPC's.

Thanks and looking forward to the update.

29. Offline

LithiumFox

Just waitin for that update. Part of me doesn't want to start our server until you do, but knowning that then everything will have to be updated again. (which is lame. D:)

30. Offline

Enzy

Honestly what happened their is like me going to bill gates house telling him that in his commercial for windows 7 it never tells me that when i get it i have an insane countdown and a bunch of people signing for me and when i tell him this I expect him not to retaliate. Honestly the video was meant to be cool to get you excited for the new version of citizens obviously there not gonna make the graphics look like that and some of the things the wizards do they can definitely put that in there but you have to understand these people are only human and it's gonna take time to make a great plugin. Doing that is liking getting angry that a dental product didn't punch my teeth like in the commercial did you want them to right dramatization in the left corner to please you.
    *edit i meant it to be the post you replied to sorry

31. Offline

Shuan

I have a slight problem with the plugin no real explanation or fix to it either, i just installed it today reloaded the server and got a can not pass event error involving iconomy, and Citizens
    Code:
    2011-05-08 17:23:04 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to Citizens
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Listeners.PluginListen.onPluginEnable(PluginListen.java:28)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:408)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:633)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:287)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:201)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:247)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:394)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:379)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)