[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Liger_XT5

So one of my friends on my server had a very interesting time with one of the NPCs on my server.
    I have had an npc in the protected spawn area with the same name as my friend's character, just goofing around, and we just left him there.
    Today my friend couldn't seem to find a couple of his wolves. It wasn't until someone died and reappeared at spawn to see a few wolves running around the general area of the NPC.
    We thought it was odd, so my friend went over and attempted to tell one of the wolves to sit. It sat. The wolves were confused of who their real master was. My friend would try to walk away with the wolves, but most, if not all, would return to the NPC.
    In the end, I had to turn off citizens so my friend could get his wolves back.
    It was funny watching and listening to my friend talking to the NPC because he wanted his wolves. All the NPC would say "Have you seen my hunt'n wolf?" :D

3. Offline

Pim1234

could you tell us how long it will take to release the guards??

4. Offline

fullwall

Well, it's looking like I will have to do guards myself after I finish up on traders, since @NeonMaster is busy for the time being.

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  5. Offline

Aeron

I found a way how to make the NPC skins look different, but that requires to overwrite two class files in the client, in order to work, which also requires for players to upload their skins to the designated webserver, so that others will see. It is quite easy with Minecraft Coder Pack:

Need to find the line with amazon server web adress and replace with your own desired server, that will host the skins:
    EntityPlayerSP.java
    EntityOtherPlayerMP.java

Skin format in the ftp folder would have to be something like: PLAYERNICK.png or NPCNAME.png

Where you can make unlimited skins, each npc could have its unique name and skin!

Only issue with this method is that players with this mod won't see other player skins, that haven't uploaded their skins to the alternative server, changed in the above files AND players without the mod won't see the NPC skins.

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  6. Offline

fullwall

@Aeron, yes, that was what I suggested earlier (someone hosting a webserver). Alternatively, another idea was having a text file with skin overrides, so that the client requests the skin of different people instead.

7. Offline

Lordz

I created NPCs and added the Text but they don't talk.
    anybody know where the problem is?

8. Offline

fullwall

9. Offline

mze9412

As soon as there are working guards we will definately install this on our server ^^ Several players have huge warehouses with hundreds of chests and guards for protection would be great!

10. Offline

Scipione

i really need to say your "changelog" is a pain in the ass... you are always releasing smaller updates (1.07g .. 1.07h .. 1.07i) and nothing shows up in your changelog, so i always need to browse pages of pages just get a hint of what was changed ....

would appreciate if you can just post your changes prober, even if they are "only small bugfixes"

Thanks

11. Offline

fullwall

Sorry...

12. Offline

Aeron

fullwar, I also made an installer for my custom client, I can even make updates, that automatically search where the custom minecraft client was installed with 3 versions of my custom made texture pack with HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW graphics options, as well as patched out with ZAN's MINIMAP, WILD GRASS, updates it, and when you uninstall the client, it erases all the data except world saves and achievements. I figured a way how to install minecraft and launch from a different location on the hard drive, heck I can even launch minecraft from a USB stick :D. So I probably will stick with my solution to this and will enforce players on my server to install my version of the client, since the server has custom content aside from VANILLA minecraft, that doesn't have much of management systems by default (without bukkit), + I also use Vegetation plugin, because I feel a world without NPCs... is rather empty, and trader NPCs are 100x cooler than chest/sign shops out there! What would be cool, if you toggled an NPC, it would open up as a chest, but work as a trading one, now that would be something!

Besides why Notch is so upset about people modding clients? For example, Counter-Strike: Source game and many other FPS games out there has thousands of custo maps, skins, scripts and so forth. The users still need to buy the game in order to play it, even with a custom client.

Next big thing would probably be a way to play mp3 files within a server, since now I won't have problems with the client side, all I need is a good server side plugin, that utilizes that, that way there even would be a chance to make those NPC talk :)

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  13. Offline

aPunch

I have joined the Citizens team and have begun work on quester NPCs. I can promise that I will have a release of them soon. By "soon" I mean whenever I want it to be. PM me with your suggestions for Quester NPCs! Please don't spam this thread with them.

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  14. Offline

fullwall

@Aeron: nice :), sounds good. And yes, the npc does show up in a chest-like interface for buying things.

15. Offline

Phealoon

First, please allow me to apologize for my unnecessary outbursts, I was spoke out unfairly in my previous posts. A lot has been going on in my life to cause stress, and I should not have taken it out on Fullwall or his team. I can fully understand that the plugin is difficult to code and I do sympathize with Fullwall and his crew.

Have you ever had a really bad week, then at the end of that week when you sit down to work on project geared for relaxation and fun,... it doesn't work out either. Well, I know everyone here has been stressed and feels pressured, that's NOT what I want to do to anyone here.

@fullwall, you have an awesome plugin, keep up the work and don't listen to people like me, your doing great working at your own pace.

@Nate204 thank you for calling me out on my mistake and holding me accountable for my actions.

-Phea

aPunch and mbsuperstar1 like this.
  16. Offline

NEO

I have been using citizens since CB 493 and every new versino of citizens and eveyr CB build im on i have continued to have only 1 issue.

NPC's duplicate when there close to walls or have ceilings above them. I often get up to find 30 or 40 of the same npc, and getting near this pile of npcs all stuck in each other causes big lag in that area.

I just update to 1.07i , so im hoping there will be no more npc duping.

Not complaining just reporting an issue, i love citizens and appreciate all the hard work that has been done.

17. Offline

Gixbit

You should be, This is also something I've been meaning to point out but, it seems I was beat to it. What is different between h and i? that and every other version between now and G and was there even an A?

18. Offline

aPunch

I'll talk to fullwall about changelogs. He's been very inconsistent with these and needs a firm talking to.

19. Offline

GiantCreeper

I seem to understand them?

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  20. Offline

mbsuperstar1

As do I :)

21. Offline

Gixbit

Try being the single admin who understands how things work together and run on the server where the guy who runs it is more concerned about his fun time or something else (I don't even know what he's doing) than making the server a finished product. And it's really only his design and ideas which are his and his alone while others just want the fun aspect that we're so close to. I believe in a more open design where the players could vote on what they wanted. And we would do it if we could. I understand he has stuff going on and is busy. But, Why run a server where players want stuff that isn't being provided on a timely basis... We've been promising the nether for like, over a week. Probably two now, and our world map is like 500 or 600 megabytes and I suggested we put that invisible borders stuff on to limit the max size of these maps. He said 100,000 x and 100,000 z. Fantastic really. We're gunna have 5gig maps.

Now that right there, is frustrating. He'll probably read this. And if he does, that's fine too because, it's nothing I'm shy about saying. I won't blow up things anymore, that was wrong but, I still don't agree with the state of our server.

22. Offline

Gixbit

Also, aren't you the developer of defence plugin for levelcraft plugin? We've been trying to keep that plugin world specific on our server. And it's preventing our players from using their armor in a non-levelcraft world. Very frustrating.

23. Offline

mbsuperstar1

Kind of off-topic, but the latest update "should" fix any issues with world-support, but there might be some issues still.

;)

24. Offline

fullwall

We might need to hook onWorldLoad.

25. Offline

everhaunted

excuse me but the update doesn't let me join my own server. it comes up with

exception: java.io.IOException: Recieved string length longer than maximum allowed C;

The server says i've logged in then says ...Lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    and comes up with the above message on minecraft

26. Offline

aPunch

That most likely means that one of your NPCs has a name longer than 15 characters.

Xemnas33 and mbsuperstar1 like this.
  27. Offline

dragoAndre

28. Offline

Alex Berndt

YAY, I can't wait for traders so that I can put a busty barmaid in my Pub that acutally sells things! This plugins is great for me too as I don't think my server works with all the other NPC plugins as they all want SQL :(

29. I don't think any of the trader NPC plugins work at the moment. The NPCTrader author is now looking for someone to take over his code.
    I'm checking this tread over 9000 times a day waiting for the Trader release.

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  30. Offline

Hawtin

my npc dont talk, i checked the config nothing happens.

Attached Files:

31. Offline

fullwall

@hawtin: have you added any texts? Do the default texts contain anything? Could you please upload your Citizens/folder to a uploading site.