[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

neorat44

the npcs i make disapear when i reload or stop server

3. Offline

Frostbreath

Couldn't find an answer on the wiki, sooo...

When I try to edit an NPC, it tells me to right-click on it before editing. The message also appears when I DID right click on an NPC. Very annoying...

4. Offline

AnLa061095

Please add the abillity to change their skins, and make them able to strafe arround on a route.

5. Offline

Oldark

Is it implemented yet for the npcs to have health or even just auto fight monsters when they're nearby? Or is this something expected with the guard update? Also can npcs actually walk or just the /npc move command where they effectively teleport to you?

6. Offline

runyet1

I don't get it can you put more information on what they do. I like the idea but I want to know more before I download it

7. Offline

Qwerto227

OK, sorry for this. Before you read it I want to make sure you know that I am incredibly apologetic about what I am about to say. Honestly, I am very sorry for asking this but this is a question I have desperately wanted to know the answer too ever since the 1.07 update came out.
    Ok, here goes...
    *Whimper*
    IsthereanETAforthenextupdate!
    Whew!
    Thank god i got that out of the way.

PS Fullwall is it possible that you could implement the upgrade system i mentioned in an earlier post?

8. Offline

Daniel Few

Hello.
    Something i'd love to see is this:

Have an NPC.
    If it's the first time you've right clicked him, he says something and gives you a set item.
    If it's any other time, he just says randomly the list of messages you set.

I'd like this because on my server i have a fisher. And i'd like it so when you first right click him, he says something like.

"Have you ever fished? Here, have a rod!" (and gives you a rod)
    Then when you right click him any other time he says randomly set messages.

Is this possible to add?
    Thnx
    -DanJames

EDIT: Four likes ;) i think this should be added ;P

9. Offline

Dunnybrusher

Daniel, that would be pretty awesome :D

10. Offline

Daniel Few

If you used to play the Original Pokemon games for Gameboy (best games ever from a child btw haha) do you remember when you would talk to a npc and they would say something like.

"Oh hello! I found this health potion but have no use for it. Oh! I know! Why don't you take it. You'll probably have more use for it" *you received health potion from Biker Freddy*

:p Then when you talk to him again he says:
    "Have you used that health potion yet?"

If this can be implemented i would have SO many uses

-DanJames

Dunnybrusher likes this.
  11. Offline

jor956

Umm, are you going to actually make the NPC clerks or just pretend you have the ability to, because I'm sure somebody else could do it if you're unable...

12. Offline

Chugger

Hello, I'm having an odd error. I'm wondering if it's because a half dozen of our NPC's are named Guard_Something?
    Code:
    23:13:10 [INFO] Done (0.974s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    23:13:10 [SEVERE] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Guard"
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:481)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:570)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:255)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:222)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:100)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:122)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:356)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    23:13:10 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Guard"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:481)
        at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:570)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:255)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:222)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:100)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:122)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:356)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    >

Note, by trial and error, I found the string in one of the files, the Citizens.locations file, the string that starts out list=Guard_Ted,Susan,etc... doesn't like my having a double name apparently. When I take this string out, I get no errors, but I also get no NPC's LOL

Is there another way to name my Guards? Like Guard-Ted? Would that work? Thanks for any help!:)

13. Offline

x_sam_boi_x

hey im having this weird error whenever i go onto my server and try to use any citizens command is just get " an internal error occured while attemting to prefrom this action" any help??

14. Offline

x_sam_boi_x

nah it went down for a bit havin his weird error now whenever i go on ym server i get "an internal error has occured hile attempting to preform this command" any help???

15. Offline

Daniel Few

Not sure if this helps, but in game when you type '/npc create', to make a name with a space in type '
    /npc create Guard/Ted'
    This will create an npc with the name 'Guard Ted', the '/' is changed to a space.
    eg. i've got 'Fishermen/Fred' = 'Fishermen Fred'

Hope this helped,
    -DanJames

16. Offline

fullwall

@x_sam_boi_x - please post the error somewhere (preferably pastebin) and give us a link to troubleshoot your problem.
    You probably shouldn't use underscores in names, as they are used as a separator for the config files (use '/' instead).
    @jor956 - please don't criticise unnecessarily, if you look on the github traders are progressing, it is just a time issue at the moment, otherwise they'd be out as soon as possible.

17. Offline

jjplay175

Ok when ever i open the server I get an ungodly List of every single thing in the citizens folder not being able to save.. The Citizens folder is also not made :/ i tryed to make the folder and hope it would save But still none of them save

http://img827.imageshack.us/f/unledkd.png/

Tryed it myself and anti virus pops up.. Sorry i think its a false Positive Because i only just uploaded it :confused: and only just made it.. lol

Anyway thats just 1/4 of it.. the list goes on and on..

18. Offline

Deacal

It says I don't have permission, but my permissions is set to *. Wut's up maan?

19. Offline

fullwall

jjplay - use the files from the ZIP. Deacal - what permissions plugin do you use, can you post your plugin.yml?

20. Offline

Daniel Few

@fullwall do you think you could consider adding in my suggestion above when you have spare time? I think lots of people could have a use for this.

21. Offline

fullwall

Sounds good, but I'd have to finish up traders first. Maybe ask @thempc while I'm away ;).

22. Offline

Daniel Few

Thnx i'll do that. Is there a specific way to contact him or should i just make another post @ him?

23. Offline

Daniel Few

@thempc
    Heya, posted this above but was told to ask you ;)

24. Offline

fullwall

Well, he should see the post I just tagged him in, otherwise check the IRC channel in a few hours.

25. Offline

x_sam_boi_x

26. Offline

jjplay175

@fullwall

I was only using the .jar i got the zip and put Citizens in and now it works fine but only 1 problem.. really bad lag.. i normly run my server while im playing with 10 other ppl now its just me and 1 other dude and it lags to shiz... :( his on it by himself now and lag free but i cant play same time so kinda sucks..

any idea's of how i can fix?

27. Offline

fullwall

Well... we are working on a lag fix for the next update :S. Apart from that, better hardware is always nice.

28. Offline

jor956

I'm sorry, I was just a bit pissed off when I posted that; I know you're trying to get it done :p

29. Offline

Dragonslife

does anyone know why all my created npc's change the direction they face everytime i reboot the server?.... lookatplayers is set to false, so they shouldnt change direction... anyone can help me with this?

30. Offline

Daniel Few

Lots of the errors mentioned throughout this thread i haven't experienced. I'm not sure if it can be effected by other plugins. :/ Just to check, have you got any other NPC plugins installed?
    -DanJames

31. Offline

Deacal

I use the World Edit one. Not compadable?