[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Madness

Will we ever be able to have NPCs sit, lie, crouch or jump?

3. Offline

paully104

@Citizens
    Using the latest development build and it is working great on 1.8!!! However i would like to ask for the ability to do /guard addflag -p * <- using a starnode to make the npc attack all players. This way i could make npc strongholds. Then have it set to i can say do not attack a certain player or group. I haven't been able to test the group function due to my server using permissionsEx. As a final note keep up the good work its a great plugin!!

4. Offline

fullwall

@paully104 - see the '-a' flag - signifies all.

paully104 likes this.
  5. Offline

paully104

Awesome i did not know that! Just posting so people know you can do /guard addflag -m -a , in that instance its all the monsters or you can do /guard addflag -p -a for it to attack all people, does not attack the owner however.

6. Offline

Jake044

When will the 1.1 Citizens update be released?
    Can't wait :)

7. Offline

LemoniscooL

Hi! Im Using the latest dev build of citizens along with bukkit for 1.8.1 and it works great i like the guards =)
    but they dont run back to their original spot completely after attacking, could you change that so they walk back to the exact spot where i spawned them?

8. Offline

fullwall

@LemoniscooL - might tweak the values a little then, they're a little finicky...

9. Offline

Cryptite

Having trouble trying to figure out what the proper formatting/subnode construction is for a move location based quest. Any help would be great. Planning on making somewhere along the lines of a million billion quests for my server, so hopefully I can wind up bug-testing the crap out of quests for you guys.

10. Offline

Kelvorn

I have not tried 1.1 but I am wondering will the quests be on par with what Minequest allows you to do or a simpler version?

11. Offline

lordkalem

is there a way for me to make this work for build 1149???. its been giving me internal errors since 1130

12. Offline

lordkalem

cause i started at 1130

13. Offline

remypas

Switched away from GroupManager to be able to use this. Getting the same error as many have posted here and on the GitHub rep.
    It gives a major error upon creating a NPC.

Well it probably has to do with 1.8 and the #1149 build. I'll be patient.

14. Offline

paully104

@fullwall or @Citizens , What is the permission node for traders for people to trade. I have access as OP and as a admin in my permissions with the star node however normal players with the node posted on the wiki is not giving them access.

15. Offline

aPunch

citizens.trader.use.trade

16. Offline

Richard Scheide

@aPunch I too would like the 1.1 download. Looked at Dev Bukkit and followed the links but everything points at 1.0.9? Said it before, LOVe this mod. I can't wait to see a guard actually work.

17. Offline

remypas

I downloaded the 1.1 devbuild and gave my players the citizens.use.trader command.
    They can select the trader and nothing happens.

I'm guessing it has to do with essentials and the permissions for the economy there.

Is there someone who can tell me which permissions I should give players to correctly trade with traders?

18. Offline

phozee

I created a trader NPC and tried to set a sell price with /trader sell 1:1 1 and /trader sell 1 1 but got an error "java.lang.NullPointerException: null" :[ any idea why?

19. Offline

aPunch

Use citizens.trader.use.trade

20. Offline

remypas

LOL citizens.use.trader.use.trade....
    stupid spelling errors!

Sorry for bothering you

EDIT:NOPE DOESN'T DO THE TRICK

21. Offline

remypas

given my players the following permissions:

- citizens.basic.use.help
    - citizens.basic.use.info
    - citizens.trader.use.trade

they can select the trader. but upon the second right click no inventory opens up.

I have Bukkit Dev build 1150 installed and Citizens 1.1

using bPermissions BTW

22. Offline

LemoniscooL

well .. after toying around with the guards i wanted my players to be able to interact with blacksmith, healer etc but i couldnt get it to work yet .. i tried all famous permissions plugins (PermissionsEx, Permissions (TheYeti), PermissionsBukkit and bPermissions) but bPermissions suits me best because it generates a working config .. everything works fine with it except the citizens .. i can use the citizens functions ONLY when im op

group config generated by bPermissions: http://pastebin.com/NEpuby0L
    (i cut the user config out of it for pastebin, dont worry they still are in the config server side ^^)
    last server log: http://pastebin.com/RSYEk0Kz
    im running MC Beta 1.8.1 with Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1045-g68da21a-b1151jnks (dev build 1151)
    Citizens version: devBuild-127

anyone got this working yet or any suggestions? thanks in advance!
    greetz

23. Offline

BBoyXfro

Is there any way that I could edit the skin of the NPC not like a typing in a players name for their skin but liking setting a skin for a NPC.

24. Offline

phozee

No, skins are based off the NPC name, it looks at the name in the Minecraft database to pull the skin.

25. Offline

LemoniscooL

afaik no .. you can only give them skins of players or give them armors to wear

//Edit:
    lol phozee you were faster xD

//Edit 2:
    But if it looks up the players name in the minecraft database, wouldnt it be possible to create a website where people can look up skins that are stored in a database with ID's and when creating an NPC you pass the ID of the skin you want as an argument like /npc create [name] (text) (skin id)

and to simplify the work of the developers people are able to upload their own skins into that database so they can use it for their npcs in game?

26. Offline

Ozen

hello everybody
    frist sorry for my bad english ^^''

i have some problem or it juste me but .. i canont lest do the guard attaking mob but i do this commands

/guard addflag 1 spider -m

and nothing need to reload ? or it juste me i do worng some where ? can you help me plz it maby juste a noob error =/

27. Offline

undeadmach1ne

have a look through this thread.

28. Offline

Drei Gyuu

Just a curiosity with waypoints or path of npc.

For say I have a path for the npc to walk from Point A to point B and its maybe 500 blocks away and its not visible on my vision or loaded chunks. Will the npc still keep on going and return back to the point A to point B loop?

29. Offline

Kelvorn

I have not tried 1.1 but I am wondering will the quests be on par with what Minequest allows you to do or a simpler version?

30. Offline

w000rm

15 blocks from 1 path to another.

31. Offline

Drei Gyuu

So In my case I will have to do Point A 15 blocks Point B 15 blocks. Point C 15 blocks.

But yeah thanks, that just gave me an idea how long its gonna take to make traveling NPCs from 1 town to my 2nd town.

Unless there is a limit to how many waypoints you can set?