[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Cogito

Yeah, search for Conversations - it works ok, but takes a bit of work to get done. Also, it uses actual chat - that is, once you start the conversation you just keep talking like normal.

So the conversation might go like this:
    <me> /npc sell
    <plugin> Incorrect command. Did you mean /trader sell?
    <me> yes
    <plugin> OK, activating warp beams.

The only caveat is that you have to pick up the incorrect commands - if they are handled by another plugin you won't see them.

3. Offline

Scandragon

I tend to use the recommended build, as it's a live server. Don't have a test server

4. Offline

DrBowe

By test server, I just mean a locally run server that I use to test plugins on. Doesnt require any fancy hardware, or extra server hosting :)

However, to my knowledge, there's nothing wrong with the DEV build out there, and it fixes the flower issues. Don't hold me to my word, though :p

5. Offline

Scandragon

Yeah, I misunderstood.. I thought you meant dev build of bukkit
    As for a test server, the only computer I have can barely run mc on it's own.. If I setup a testserver, I can't play on it (and neither can anyone else as it's too small)

edit: running dev build #242 now. No change at all. Still using flowers when set to use econplugin, still no economy activated when set to use builtin economy

6. Offline

DrBowe

Huh. I'm not sure what could be causing it, then. It might be a plug-in conflict. Also, where are you finding the 'use builtin econ' node in the config? I can't find it in mine, but it sounds like something that would use the 'built in economy system' that citizens has. So if you set that to true (if thats a node, as I cant find it in my config), I'd imagine it would overwrite econplugin

7. Offline

Scandragon

econplugin false, economy true is use builtin economy
    Both true is econ plugin, as I recall

8. Offline

LlamasAtWork

Why can't my citizens sell to non ops? I have permissions that let them do it.

9. Offline

ONeill

May I ask again, why I am not supposed to change the type of weather from my WEATHER wizard? I mean... I can change it with right click, but I don't know what type of weather he makes, because the left click won't work...

10. Offline

laserlemons

so im sorry if this has come up before, i only read like 5 pages, but i set the location for a couple mages and then when people click on them it just takes their money and teleports them in front of the same wizard. i couldnt really find a place that told me how wizards work so i might be doing something wrong. help please?
    im also having the same problem as ONeill ^

11. Offline

essy91

thx :)

12. Offline

Donald Scott

Hey, when will guards be out? Is it ready in the dev build?

13. Offline

TheDaddyPeanut

@Citizens I'm sorry to ask, maybe this happend lots of times, but I can't use the /toggle command anymore for Citizens, because xAuth is using it either. I askes already over there but he sayd we got to post here because Citizens used /toggle as last, and not he. So he says you are the problem.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? Because I love both plugins, well xAuth not so very much because he is acting like he won't listen to his users, But the plugin is needed on my server, since theres a war of going on someone else account and stealing stuff... I can't trace who did it so...

Well I hope you have a solution, maybe you want to change it to /npc toggle or something?
    Would realy appreciate that!
    & I can't wait for Gaurds, Questers, Bandids etc. etc. etc. to work!!
    This is one of the best plugins I have, so keep up doing your amazing stuff :D
    Thanks anyway for reading my post

JulianF

14. Offline

SulimirCular

Thank you. I will give him credits

15. Offline

Scandragon

Try /tog instead

16. Offline

fullwall

17. Offline

TheDaddyPeanut

18. Offline

Vyrus

Hey,

if i want to use the command /toggle, xAuth is it using already, can i change the command for your plugin?

19. Offline

some1

hey is there any way of removing you dev from my server (if you know what i mean ;) )
    as npc

20. Offline

fullwall

21. Offline

some1

thx fullwall
    how to toggle to evil npc (wanna test it ;) )

22. Offline

fugue2005

Herobrine...

ok that freaked me out a bit.

this just keeps getting better and better, i can't wait to see what's next.

23. Offline

GoldenX

Is it possible to prevent usage of a few commands like "tp to npc" and "unlimited stock" ? Plugin's permissions are not enough precises (too general).

24. Offline

phondeux

Is an additional plugin required to set the teleport locations for wizards or do you supply x,y,z?

Okay, figured it out ... you go to where you want the teleport location to be and then you move the wizard there.

/npc select id#
    /npc move

... at this point I get a message that wizard has moved but I can't see him. I logout/in and there he is. Then I type

/wizard addloc location_name

This adds it to his list. Then I go back to where I want my wizard to be and do the select and move again.

So ... any chance we could get this to work across worlds? :D

25. Offline

fullwall

@GoldenX - see, this is the problem. They were too specific before. If you can suggest a nicely laid out and well thought out structure for permissions nodes, then sure, I'll put them in. Otherwise, it gets messy.

26. Well... You could just leave the permission nodes as they are, but make tp to npc and unlimited stock require the citizens.admin node.

27. Offline

NeonJ

How do I stop normal people from using some commands? [EG: /npc tp]

28. Offline

fugue2005

actually you shouldn't have to move him at all, just select him.
    he will remain selected until you either log out or select another.
    then just simply TP to where you want and /wizard addloc <name>

if you have * set as a selection item you can just right click with an empty hand to select him.

29. Offline

phondeux

I'll try this and update here with my results - I swear I tried something similar to this and it didn't work.

[edit]That did work, thank you! :)

30. Offline

fullwall

The latest commit makes /npc tp an admin only command (as well as /trader unlimited).

31. @fullwall or anybody else, how do you talk to NPCs? I left click them, nothing, right click them, nothing. D: