[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

gmore70

Hand up for Question. Yes - I did go to the wiki first and read through it before asking.

Loving guards...just curious if future plans include the ability to kill guard npcs. Like a normal player, they have health and other players and npcs can call them. Wicked NPC Army battles.

3. Offline

PlannedBoredom

How do u work the quest system?

4. Offline

Musaddict

Quick question; ETA on the next update? Don't give me any of that "be patient" bull lol, what's an honest estimated time of arrival on say, guards? Like 3 days, a week, 2 weeks etc. You know how fast you all work, how long do you think it should take?

Pim1234 likes this.
  5. Offline

sfxworks

Citizens randomly disappaering...
    So im like ok
    (sets npc limit to 50 per player)
    (restarts)
    Their back but...
    One is underground even though I put him on a tower.
    So I try to /list to get his item but I get an internal error.

Code:
    2011-06-09 23:46:08 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'npc' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:718)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:684)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:219)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.displayList(BasicExecutor.java:739)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.onCommand(BasicExecutor.java:295)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

6. Offline

KayoticSully

I just started getting that same exact error on npc create. What is going on?

7. Offline

wildeebeast

is this compatible with Mac?

8. Offline

sfxworks

How to I make guards only attack mobs? I don't want them to attack players

9. Offline

sfxworks

My npcs keep disappearing too..

10. Offline

Pim1234

almost all of the plugins are compatible with mac (java)
    i never had any problems with it

11. Offline

Pim1234

and what are all the different types of guards? i would like to set one guards to defend my castle but it is not the right type of guard...
    and like i said before, it would be awesome to use this is combination with the Factions plugin: discount at traders (if member)and killing by guards (if enemy)

12. Offline

Lightzaver

This mod is amazing!!!
    Can we have builders,farmers,lumberjacks etc....

13. Offline

sfxworks

I found the citizens! They were in the void.....

14. Offline

olimoli123

If i wanted players to be able to trade with my trader, whats the node?

15. Offline

Musaddict

Guardtypes (so far):
    Bodyguard - walks with you and looks cool.
    Bouncer - follows you and kills anything in sight (however they're bugged now and don't kill mobs :p only kills players on my server)
    Thats all for now, until an official update at least.

citizens.use.trader

16. Offline

jor956

When adding more lines of text, only the last line added is used, could this please be fixed in the next version? It's pretty buggy, thanks :p

17. Offline

DJTza

Anyone else getting this message? I tried updating from e to g, and I still get the same problem. Nothing actually happens, but this message pops up quite often

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dj

18. Offline

r0u9hneck

Well, Permissions and iConomy is detected correctly for me. Probably you should try to update these. Permissions was kinda buggy anyways..

19. Offline

LarsMaehlum

I think I may have found a workaround for the disappearing npc problem. Seems like there is a one-off error somewhere in the code.
    If you place a block on top of where you want to place the npc, move the npc to the top of that block, and then destroy the block, the npc will not disappear when you restart.
    It's somewhat of a hassle, but still better than doing /npc select+/npc move on 30+ npc's every time you need to restart the server.

Could someone test this and confirm it? I have only tried it on my machine, and if it works everywhere it should be trivial to fix in the code too.

UPDATE: Disregard this. Did some more extensive testing, and it seems that it did not help for all NPC's, so it's probably not why some of them worked..

20. Offline

ONeill

My Citizens are all around the natural Spawn Point... and when i reset one... to a new location and restart the server, he spawns about 10 fields UNDER his position ;)
    I use CB 818, MC 1.6.6 and Citizens 8.1.8g, atm I have 6 NPCs, all are around my Spawnpoint^^

21. What's the permission node for being able to buy/sell from a trader? I gave my users citizens.use.* aswell as citizens.trader.stock, but they're unable to buy/sell from traders (They can't even open their inventory). But admins who have citizens.* can buy/sell just fine.

22. Offline

craftBob101

I have a server with this awsome plugin, but when i try make a NPC of myself to display to people who the Owner of the server is (me- craftBob101) It doesnt get created. instead a basic NPC is created which just sais "craftBob" ... without the "101" bit. Plz make it work with numbers in the name.

23. Offline

fullwall

24. Offline

sintri

None of the help command's worked since 1.6 I think, this actually a problem from this plugin or is it actually some other, nothing much has changed since.

25. Offline

LarsMaehlum

26. Offline

Arcaian

27. Well, trading works for me now in this WIP version.

Still, a problem with selling, the message is wrong... I tried to sell something and it said that I don't have enough money to BUY, even tough the trader doen't have money to buy, not me, I'm selling :))

Also, isn't any option to set unlimited balance ?

28. Offline

GKenTN

I have a problem, for trading purposes when I buy from a trader like 1 wood for 1 dirt after using /npc setowner to another person, im just able to take the wood for free when they give me a transaction log.. any fixes to it?

29. Offline

Melgrin

Thanks.

Still the problem with complex Names (Slaches, underscores, numbers...). I will report any other problem encountered.

Npc renamed with complex name is still buggy : Renaming it into another simple name (only alphabetical characters) won't work.

30. Offline

DetCox

any news on the trader bug that causes the amount of an item a trader is buy/selling to become messed up?

31. Offline

LarsMaehlum

Heh. Reloaded a few times. Now I have 4 aPunch and 1 fullwall npc's floating above my city..