[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Jallenator

@aPunch I just don't care what you have to say, this plugin has the potential to be really good, just needs some touch ups

3. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

Why not decompile it and make the changes you want yourself?

Didn't think so. Keep quiet, idiot, and learn some patience. This plugin is probably the most advanced and complex plugin available for Bukkit. Certainly the best out of the very few NPC plugins that are actually available. You should be grateful for its existence, and the huge amount of hard work the Citizens developers do.

4. Offline

Jallenator

@Jonathan Thorpe Just because I can't do pro java, doesn't make me an idiot does it, I think you overestimate the importance of your view to me. The thing is, people don't need fanboys running around after them gobbling up anything they say and treating it like gold, if nobody criticised anyone then we would get nowhere... if you want I can make you a cupcake.

5. Offline

Fujikatoma

Need help :/

6. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

LOL, like anyone gives a damn what you think either, pal. Truth is, you've insulted the plugin devs... and you want people to respect your views? And don't assume that other people who post in this thread want to have the dev's babies... this thread is here for constructive comments, good or bad. Yours was neither.

7. Offline

Fujikatoma

Found problem :)

But how i can make the items in the npc unlimited ?

/trader balance [give/take] [amount]

8. Offline

bill45

I didn't really think you were allowed to decompile their plugin and mess with it yourself then put it up on your server without their permission or something. Unless I'm wrong.

9. Offline

sfxworks

Is there any way I can have guards not attack other players and only mobs?
    Also, is there a way I can have a player be attacked by a guard only if he attacks another player?

10. Offline

Jallenator

@Jonathan Thorpe I did no such thing, the plugin devs are probably really nice people, I merely asked them to get a shifty on with an update

11. Offline

aPunch

Please take your self-entitlement elsewhere. Thanks.

treyer75, sfxworks and arthoz like this.
  12. Offline

Cookieee

Sorry if it has been answered already, but does this plugin work properly with Permissions now? I am running in permissions 2.7.4. Just curious because it hasn't worked since I updated to 1.08e/f, and it is heavily needed for my server. Been lurking the thread, but couldn't see anything explaining whether you fixed it with 1.08g or not!

13. Offline

charlieda

14. Offline

Silarn

Just want to add that if you attempt to rename a Citizen, it creates a duplicate entry for the NPC in the locations file (rather than replacing the first entry). Thus the NPC name doesn't change, and it causes fun issues when the plugin loads. (Like a version of the NPC that does nothing, and if you summon the NPC to its proper location -- behold, two versions of it are now spawned!)

15. Offline

sfxworks

Could there be a way to have NPCs take up food or money over time? Like adding a realistic feature of "hiring" the worker vs spawning one.

16. Offline

Snaipe

Not working with permissions 3 too.
    i get many " [INFO] [Citizens]: Permissions enabled. " messages then when I try a command I get : " [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'npc' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8"

17. Offline

charlieda

Dear plugin devs.
    Firstly, thank you so much for your amazing plugin. I appreciate it's an amazing amount of work, and all without getting paid. Thank you!
    My one request would be to keep a more detailed changelog on the wiki - it would make updating the wiki a lot easier as you can appreciate the difficulty of keeping up with the thread when every third post is either "it says i haven't turned economy on for citizens" or "traders aren't working".
    Again, thank you for your hard work - it takes the minecraft multiplayer experience to the next level.

18. Offline

sayris

Been having a huge problem with this.

Whenever i make a trader and set all the buy and sell things etc. then stock the inventory... it doesn't work! i set the owner to a random person, and none of my friends or me can BUY anything, just drag it like a chest :S. Please help D:

Privately message me a solution if possible.

19. Offline

LarsMaehlum

This thing is really cool, and really buggy.
    I created some 30+ NPC's. Everything was running smooth.

Then I restarted bukkit, and they were gone. I can still "/npc move" them back, but it's a pain.

Good plugin, needs more testing to be perfect. And working guards :)

UPDATE:

The town where I logged out/respawned was empty. The other one was just fine..

20. Offline

Jallenator

21. Offline

availer

Do the permissions not work? Any user who is an owner can make his stock unlimited, even if they dont have the permission node.

22. Offline

aPunch

That's how it is supposed to work. If you create an NPC, you get full control over it.

23. Offline

LarsMaehlum

So if you want your users to be able to create shops, you have to accept that they will be able to sell themselves stacks of diamonds for 0.01?

24. Offline

minecrafter227

I put in "minecrafter227" (My MC name) and the character became "minecrafter" and didn't show my skin! Please fix this.

25. Offline

I_Am_No_One

The same thing happens to me if i put in "hiya123", it would only show up as "hiya". I really do hope that they fix this soon.

26. Offline

Glenn Burchett

Quick question...

Every time I create NPC's in my Bukkit server, it goes perfectly fine. But when I shut down and restart the server, the NPC's are now 4 blocks underground from where I placed them. So every time the server gets restarted, I need to replace the NPC's. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a bug?

27. Offline

LarsMaehlum

Yes, it's a bug. You don't need to replace them, just select them with "/npc select ID" and move them to their proper position with "/npc move"

28. Offline

luckyslayer92

There is a problem with the NPC location file. The plugin does not format/read its text correctly causing errors in NPC names. Example:

The citizens location file ends up looking like this "33_luckyslayer9233_luckyslayer34_test" cluttering npc's together and the changed npc names.

It does not recognize numbers and underscores for being part of names...

29. Offline

Randy Schouten

Hey guys,

I thought I'd just drop by to tell I've made a plugin to link uQuest with Citizens!
    It's called NPC-Quester.
    Link to thread
    It will get updated often as I want this plugin to have FULL control (like every other plugin I make).

Also, everything works fine on my server...
    I have no problems whatsoever.

30. Offline

KoffiePatje

Hmm okay, well thanks for the reply ;)

31. Offline

Localhost69

I love this plugin, but i don't understand how guards work. When i make an npc guard they will follow me around, like they should, but when they get close to people they will run towards them and start pushing them, and then i have to go back and get them. Plus i cant get them to attack the enemy's i want them to attack. I tried to fix all of this using the white-list and black-list but it doesn't do anything, PLZ HELP!