[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

fullwall

3. Offline

nexusrightsi

ok thanks. But I can add items trough the citizens file right ?

4. Offline

d00ba

Appears theres some progress on the bukkit build, hopefully we'l be seeing a recommended build soon!

5. Offline

l0stb3ta

@fullwall - Thanks! ^.^
    -Waits patiently for the new RB-

6. Offline

Kainzo

Heroes is coming - asap. Believe you me - it will be the last RPG ever installed on your server. Sorry for the derail!

7. Offline

aPunch

Why, does it permanently crash your server upon install? :p

Just kidding, very much looking forward to Heroes! :)

8. Offline

Jan Tojnar

Maybe this simple idea is better then my previous suggestion. I agree with citizens.create.type and citizens.modify but citizens.player should be citizens.use.type and instead of citizens.admin citizens.*
    Also there should be citizens.remove.all

Plus we need /npc list command and limiting npcs to permission groups.

9. Offline

Psycho Robot

No kidding man. Its absurd to think that any dev will release an update to make their plugin compatible with a non-recommended build. I've never seen anyone do this, and anyone who thinks it might happen is an idiot and needs to kindly exit the internet. +like

10. Offline

Daniel Few

Lol thanks :p I just don't understand why people even think about complaining to a dev to update for a development build. They can't waste there time on that when, at the time of the recommended release, they will probably have to re-update for bugfixes.
    -DanJames

11. Offline

Pim1234

how is it going with the guards?
    that would really complete my server :)
    and of course the 1.6 update :) (i do understand!!!)

and @aPunch the link of your lightswitch plugin is down... that would also be great for my server

12. Offline

Citizens

The guards are going...well, I (NeonMaster) have finally started working on them, and bodyguards are almost complete.

Sincerely, NeonMaster - Citizens Dev and PR Guy

13. Ive had an issue where dozens and dozens of zombies/skellies are turning up on top of my npcs. Ive had to remove the plugin since I had placed a greeter in the spawn area and people were getting flattened when they logged in.

What causes this? Is there something I can do to fix it?

14. Offline

sintri

Few questions on if any of these will be implemented: archery, being able to be hit by mobs / whether they can die, pathfinding. Suppose those are the top 3. Are a bit more but they're probably quite a bit more complicated to do.

15. Offline

Dragonntiger

Hey, I can't wait to use this, but how do I change it so that it doesnt need money to create
    Edit: Nvm, uhh I have a new problem, when I try to create an NPC (in-game it says, ' An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command. '
    In console it says,
    Code:
    2011-05-31 19:55:42 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'npc' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:281)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:718)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:684)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.<init>(Lnet/minecraft/server/World;)V
        at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.NPCSpawner.SpawnBasicHumanNpc(NPCSpawner.java:66)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:62)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:98)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.create(BasicExecutor.java:522)
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.onCommand(BasicExecutor.java:51)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

16. Offline

aPunch

17. Offline

Drei Gyuu

Hope that the Guards will be included on the next update :D heee~

18. Offline

Pim1234

so.... 818... recommended build...

sorry for having no patience but that is because of you! you made this plugin awesome!

19. Offline

Pomme72

Oh, I have an issue with 803 : I'm the alone player who can interact with the NPC :O the others players can't do nothing with them...

Is it a permissions node for this ?

20. Offline

LucidLethargy

I heard tell that after the RB was out, this plugin would update! Hoping this is true!

Pim1234 likes this.
  21. Offline

ledhead900

Your ideas are good... Yea I was just giving an example feel free to change it around lol...
    also 1.6.6 reco is here I rather not confuse 1.6 with 1.6.6 since one works and one well you all saw that mess play out.

So Id say cut the dev team some slack for bit longer a couple more days. I'm pretty sure they have been working hard on guards and stuff doing internal testing and things so next release will probably be a biggy so it is worth the wait let us all just be bit patient for bit longer.

22. Offline

Chanito

How do i make this work with iConomy? it dont work out of the box so what do i need to change in config?

23. Offline

Soryo

Go to your plugins file, then the Citizens file and open up the Citizens.economy with Notepad or a similar application. Make sure that "use-econplugin=true" is true and not false. Same with "use-economy=true"
    You can set the cost of blacksmith repairs and wizard teleport fees along with other things.

there's also a "Citizens" SETTINGS file that you can open up with Notepad and there are more configurable options in there. It's good to check these files with any new mod you get to see the configurable options so you know what you can do with it.

And on another note.... Can't wait for this mod to be updated :D

24. Offline

Kuja_Diartua

I have an idea for guards. Can you add feature like agressive on\off. If On - will chase and attack player on sight, if off - will just fight back/fight mobs.

25. Offline

Chanito

yes that was default settings when i downloaded, but when i tried to setup my trader with like.. /trader sell coal:1 5
    It said i need to use iconomy for that, so it did not work even tho i use it with uquest and realshop.

26. Offline

geloum

Yeahhhhh...

27. Offline

ONeill

if you don't use the permission plugin, only OPs (defined in ops.txt) can use the NPCs. Otherwise you have to use the Permission Plugin and define the Permissions (e.g. citizens.*).

Full List is here: http://citizens.wikia.com/wiki/Permissions

28. Offline

mcjason123

umm in 1.5 i used trader and i puted a snowball in then i made it unlimited also i added the stock permissions to default when i go on my default character i can't seem to open the trader inventory it just selects the npc like in the message it says name jason id 5

29. Offline

fullwall

To all: need some input on questers (!).
    1) How should users define quests? Should it all be ingame, or YAML file based?
    2) Should quests be created independent of NPCs and then assigned to them, or should each quest be tied to one NPC?

30. Offline

fullwall

Also, please tell me what information you'd like stored with completed quests / how many to store.
    Complete breakdowns of how you think questers should work are welcome.

31. Offline

Mouak

YAML based. Have quests assigned to NPC's, but switchable if need be. Would it be possible to take the quest from one NPC, and turn it in at another?

Would be good if the quest NPC's themselves 'rewarded' you after the quest. ie quest complete = +10 iConomy money, and the NPC says ' Thanks, here is your reward ' or similar.