[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

fullwall

To all - I implemented pathfinding today. Adds loads of possibilities, such as random mob-like npc movement (wandering npcs), random aggro to players (evil npcs), and of course pathfinding itself.

3. cheers i dont think thats in the wiki :)

although it still isnt writing me as owner in the owners file :/ and still says i dont have permission :( strange

4. Offline

fullwall

We are looking to improve permissions nodes for the next release.

5. Offline

Orcem12

Nice!! really looking forward to checking that out, excellent work on the plugin Fullwall! :D

6. Offline

DigitalSil

Awesome! I'm going to go test that right now :)

EDIT: Ok so I tried it out, but is the format now messed up or am I just not able to figure it out? Because when I set the trader to sell an item, for example stone, it looks like the following:

[​IMG]

I used the command " /trader sell 1 1.00 " (With 1 being the item ID and 1.00 being the money amount)
    Is this just an error in the formatting, or is it just me? I'm curious because just before the update to version d, I was using version c and it showed up just fine as " The trader is now selling 1 STONE(s) for 1.00 Dollars. "

Also, for some strange reason I can't change the color of my NPC anymore, however, I am the owner of it and can do everything else. Help? Nevermind, I fixed this problem.

7. Offline

riuthamus

Updated and things are working perfect.

Suggestions:
    1) Config files are very messy at this point, i know its not a big deal for development but they are hard to read at this point and that makes modifications for noobs hard.

2) Make where I can set the plugin to work with integers. BOSEcon does not work with decimals at this point but will when our coder gets some work done on it. But, it would be nice to have that option.

3) Make options to set the prices for each type of repair. I dont like paying the same price for diamond as I would for leather.

4) Make left click with an item, tell you how many uses are left, how much a repair would cost.

I am very happy with this plugin. The npcs are so simple to setup and the process is easy to manage. Love it!

8. Offline

fullwall

@DigitalSil - the pathfinding is in the code, but not actually used anywhere as of yet :p.
    @riuthamus - Citizens uses Register, so double/integer won't matter. Suggestions for splitting up configs?

9. Offline

Creylon

I do have 1.0.8d

10. Offline

fullwall

Then I guess it doesn't work :/.

11. Offline

d00ba

@fullwall

Thanks for the update, works like a charm so far!

12. Offline

riuthamus

Okay one more idea, its crazy but I figured I would write it down here for the shits:

Alchemist:
    Bring him materials for recipes you create, and he will make items for you.

HOW IT WOULD WORK: [ player ]
    1) walk up to the NPC and talk to him, he would give you some options such as:
    a) list recipes that can be made
    b) start alchemy process
    c) whatever else you can think of

2) you choose to list the recipes, the alchemist would talk back and say:
    a) ItemName: &7(&f5&7) &fItemName&7, &7(&f5&7) &fItemName&7

3) you choose to start alchemy process, NPC will ask you to input the first item in the recipe
    a) you right click the npc with the first item and it is taken away, NPC will ask you for all items needed in order
    b) once your complete with adding all the items need you left click the NPC to start the process

4) NPC will then give you the item you made

OPTIONS TO ADD:
    1) NPC Alchemy level ( higher levels will be able to craft more, and with less chance to fail )
    2) Add a chance to fail based off of the NPC level/skill
    3) Add a crafting price that can be configured

13. Offline

Phelicks

I think I found a bug...
    I use iConomy5 and the trader should sell 30 stone for 90 dollar.
    If you keep buying the stone he will start to sell less and less...
    So at the beginning he sells 30 stone then 28 then 26, 28, ... , 2
    But buying of 30 Stone works fine.

14. Offline

riuthamus

Another suggestion i just remembered. Would it be possible to make the NPCs go into sneak mode so I dont see their names from 500 blocks away?

15. Offline

fullwall

@riuthamus - hopefully possible, if the packets are set up right.

16. Offline

riuthamus

What about, making groups for NPC limits. This way, you could have Lords or kings or Dukes who could own more NPC's.

17. Offline

QQCucumber

@fullwall Can you PLEASE have Citizens stop stripping out all the helpful comments from the configuration files? It makes editing them a complete pain in the ass! It doesn't even keep them in the same order afterward.

18. Offline

riuthamus

I said that too... but thought it was because i had something missing ! :p

19. Offline

fullwall

@QQCucumber - sorry, that's impossible :(. Whenever you save a file, it strips out all the comments :/.

20. Offline

BR3TON

I just upgraded to 1.0.8d and whenever I try and create a NPC it says

Code:
    2011-05-21 08:29:29 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'npc' in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.earth2me.essentials.api.Economy.playerExists(Ljava/lang/String;)Z
    at com.nijikokun.register.payment.methods.EE17.hasAccount(EE17.java:40)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Economy.ServerEconomyInterface.playerHasEnough(ServerEconomyInterface.java:27)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Economy.ServerEconomyInterface.hasEnough(ServerEconomyInterface.java:94)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Economy.EconomyHandler.canBuy(EconomyHandler.java:121)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.onCommand(BasicExecutor.java:49)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more
    and the NPC doesnt spawn

21. Offline

Yobraza

22. Offline

fullwall

@BR3TON - you need the latest version of essentials (2.2.17+).

23. Offline

fullwall

@Yobraza - working on it in conjunction with a client modder.

24. Offline

QQCucumber

Can't Citizens just re-add the comments on its own?

25. Offline

BR3TON

Is there a possibility you could release a build with just the basic NPC's in since we don't use the others on our server and it seems to be causing lag?

26. Offline

fullwall

@QQCucumber - nope. The inbuilt Java properties class doesn't provide that. Maybe I'll look into an alternative.

27. Offline

QQCucumber

@fullwall I can't seem to get the /npc color command to work. aPunch tells me you removed it due to the 16 character error, but since that's been fixed, can you add it back in please? I'm wanting to implement a client mod that allows npcs to have custom skins by detecting the color code in their name.

28. Offline

fullwall

@QQCucumber - it's not removed, it should work :S.

29. Offline

QQCucumber

I right clicked 'Guy', did /npc color &3 and nothing happened.

30. Offline

fullwall

Oh. There's no notfication message. Whoops.

31. Offline

QQCucumber

Does that mean it can be fixed? I'm just a little desperate to get this working before 1.6. :)