Filled Freeze Player Until They Kill Command

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by PhillyCheezsteak, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Admin Tools/Mechanics?

Suggested name: Freeze Kill?

What I want:
    Basics
    If a player uses /freezekill (time limit) they are unable to move (but they can still turn) and when the time limit is up they die.

If a player uses /freezekill unfreeze it will unfreeze a player, remove the time limit, and they will not die.

I would also want some kind of timer on the player's screen to indicate how much time they have left (without any particle effects)

Ideas for commands: /freezekill (time limit) /freezekill unfreeze unfreeze player

Ideas for permissions: freezekill.use use the command
    When I'd like it by: As soon as you can please :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Offline

ionizedwarhead

Hey PhillyCheezsteak. I'll take a look at trying to make this a reality. Wanted to try and get into making some plugins and this seemed like a nice little project to start out.

For the time limit I was thinking of something like the bukkit scoreboard on the side of the screen where it has the players affected and their corresponding time limits ticking down. Something like what you see on some servers for keeping track of kills or money. Does that sound fine?

I will be a little busy for the next couple of days, but I will attempt to get some free time to get something out to you soon.

3. @ionizedwarhead Thank you, I appreciate it that you will try to give it a shot. I simplified the request by a large amount so the scoreboard is not needed :)

Filled :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  4. Offline

ionizedwarhead

Hey PhillyCheezesteak. As of right now I am working on setting up the bukkitDev page and getting all of the files for the initial version up and approved by the moderators there.

I do have the repository for the plugin on a github page though. If you want to use that to download the jar file and upload it to your server you are free to. The github page is:
    https://github.com/jdollar/FreezeKill

here is the download link too:
    https://github.com/jdollar/FreezeKill/releases/download/initialRelease/FreezeKill-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

On the github page you can see the permissions and an example of the configuration yaml file there. I included an item from your original request which was to have hostile mobs within a radius of the player attack the frozen player which is why there is a configuration file. You are able to specify if you want that on or off and also the area around the frozen player that the mobs will notice them.

Let me know if you need any more information on it or if you experience any issues. Feel free to use the Github page to log any issues you might see as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.