forcing *part* of a texture pack

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by foxwillow, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

foxwillow

the title really says it all. i've poked around and come up empty-handed.

if anyone can make this work with present plugins, tell me how!

otherwise this should have a few uses for other people too... but for me i wanna make the music discs into weapons for a server and i want people to be able to use their own texture packs... but firing a gun out of a music disc is lame.

so if i could just force only the music discs to use a set of textures it'd be beyond awesome.

2. Offline

API_Tutorials

3. Offline

foxwillow

maybe i wasn't clear enough!

basically i have no desire to force an entire texture pack on my players. it wouldn't be a big deal if necessary.

while other people may come up with different uses for my request, for me, it'd be to make the music discs look like weapons without having to change a user's blocks. so, for example, if i have a specified server texture pack, and a plugin has a config that asks for the item ID to force/override, the server texture pack would then override anything the player is using for those specific IDs only.

so 2261 is a music disc. if the config includes 2261, then it renders the texture in my pack instead of the user's texture. my pack shows a new sword type. all players see that sword instead of a music disc.

... if this is doable, it doesn't seem like the world's biggest deal, but it also seems likely it may just be impossible. either way is cool with me, i just thought it'd be neat. 8)

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@foxwillow Only forcing a part is impossible. Making a resource / texture pack that is just smaller so it only changes the discs is possible.

5. Offline

foxwillow

is that something i can simply do myself then?

6. Offline

@foxwillow Strip parts away from the pack. So yes

7. Offline

foxwillow

does that mean simply make everything else besides the discs transparent?

8. Offline

@foxwillow Don't know. Don't know anything about resourcepacks besides that they change stuff.

9. Offline

MisterErwin

@foxwillow Afaik you can order ressourcepacks - So if your ressourepack only modifies the disk texture, minecraft will try to load the texture from the next ressource pack - If it can't find a texture it will use the default one.

And just don't add the file that contains that specific texture.

10. Offline

foxwillow

okay i made a resource pack to test with just discs in it:

http://www.foxwilleau.com/random/tfweapons.zip

but i can't get this to work ingame at all. hrmph. i tried using DynamicTextures and nothing is really happening. PaperSpigot 1.7.10.

is there a simple way to do this? i don't even want per world support or anything, i just want the entire server to apply these discs (or the ones i finalize later)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.