Forbidden command message

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Erall, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Erall

Hello,

I've been looking everywhere on google and here on bukkit.org, and I couldn't find anything answering my question, that's why I'm writing to you here.

I'm making a server with Essentials, and I disabled some commands that I judge stupid (for my own purpose) like the command "/back".
    So in the Essentials configuration I disable it. But here comes (well not really but... nevermind) my problem :
    When as a player I do "/back", I get no message. But when I do "/azeiazui" I get the message "Unknown command type /help ..."
    Plus when I do for example, "/plugins" (command comes from Essentials) I get a long message "I'm sorry but you don't ..."
    And now when I do "//help" (command from WorldEdit) I get the message "You don't have permission to do this".

As you can see, there are 4 different ways the server answers to the player. I feel horrified when I see this.

Now here is my question : is there any plugin or any way to make all of this messages the same ? So the player can't know if the command really exists or if he has got the permissions etc.

Thank you for your future help, I hope you did understand what I mean and how I feel.

2. Offline

Necrodoom

Erall first off, you have 2 types of messages there - the unknown command message, and the plugin declared no permission message,

/back - you disabled it though essentials config, telling it to fall though, however the command is still registered, and since no other plugin has /back, essentials still has control of it, and does nothing, since command is disabled. You can remove command off plugin.yml in essentials.jar.

/plugins - this is a bukkit command, and the no permission message comes from hard coded bukkit message.

//help - comes from world edit internal code.

You will have problems making all plugins output the same no-permission messages.

3. Offline

Erall

Yeah ok, thanks for your advices

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.