[FIX] PistonBlocker V1.1 FINAL - The Original Block the Buggy Pistons Plugin [Permissions] [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by broonie, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Offline

broonie

PistonBlocker - fixes the piston bug in 1.7.2
    Version: 1.1
    This elminates the most serious bug in 1.7 by blocking Pistons, all you have to do is place it into your plugins folder and away you go.
    Features:
    Pistons will be cancelled upon placing, and the user will be notified that they are blocked.
    Download:
    [Non-Permissions, Global Ban]:
    http://crazy-fools.co.uk/mirror/CFUKPistonBlocker.jar
    [Permissions, Grant CFUK.BuildPiston to groups]
    http://www.crazy-fools.co.uk/mirror/CFUKPistonBlocker.zip
    Source code availabile upon request
    Changelog:
    1.0 - Release
    1.1 - Updated text message

2. Offline

broonie

3. Offline

Sh00ck

i know ;)

It's on my server ;)

4. Offline

broonie

Great, Thanks for using!

ooh, we're in releases now. cool.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  5. Offline

Raqn

@broonie Great plugin, but doesnt work at all for me, it just says "Pistons are blocked" but still allows placement of them.

6. Offline

Bman212121

7. Offline

broonie

Which version are you using?

8. Offline

prefix

Would this work for 1.7.3 CB 1000? There is a pretty serious Dupe bug involving redstone and pistons.

(Serious as in we spawned 6 stacks in 10 seconds)

9. Offline

yakasuki

when my server crashed in 1.7 i thought it was the snow XD but it was the pistons danng and we crashed are server in less than 50 seconds 1.7.2 worked perfect 1.7.3 made it less glitchy

10. Offline

Bombrider

My User wanted to kill my eco and job system with duplicating items!!! Now its finally over! thank you so much!

11. Offline

Ultimecia

Guys, I need help. I didn't know that the pistons can crash my private server, I'm currently using Minecraft 1.7.3, and my server is 1.7. Is there anyway to fix this? I already copied the fix that broonie posted, but It couldn't fix the server, maybe because the damage is already been placed or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Hopefully there's a solution for this error. This is what the server posted. at net.minecraft.server.BlockPistonMoving.e<SourceFile:104>

12. Offline

vasdog

Ok I would love the person who can make me a working 1.73 piston extender so its not limited to push so it just pushes no matter what the pressure. Could someone please help me with that, I got a nyan cat ready to nyan but i cant get the pistons to push far enough.. Thanks Guys!!

13. Offline

Tolerance

[INACTIVE].

14. Offline

Princess_Luna

Hey, I'm new to the bukkit forums. I've been looking for a way to completely disable pistons in my 1.6.4 server since the dimensional dungeons from Dimensional Doors often have a ton of pistons constantly extending and retracting, causing a lot of lag for my friends. I noticed that I could add a cancel parameter to the class that handles the piston movement event (http://jd.bukkit.org/rb/apidocs/org/bukkit/event/block/BlockPistonEvent.html and http://jd.bukkit.org/rb/apidocs/src-html/org/bukkit/event/Cancellable.html#line.19), but I haven't been able to get a Java IDE to work with sourceless class files. I've been trying to do that for about two days now.

So I'm wondering if there is a possibility you might be able to whip up a 1.6.4 version of this plugin if there isn't one already. If it's possible, I'm begging you, please make it! I hate to sound entitled, I'm not very good with words that way. If it's too much effort, maybe you could point me in the right direction to disable them in the BlockPistonEvent.class? I've narrowed the best possibility as I know it down to be using Netbeans, after trying Eclipse, but I still can't open class files without a source. I'm very new to coding, if you haven't noticed.

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

EDIT: O-oh dear... I appear to have necro'd an old thread, terribly sorry! I didn't do enough reading and didn't notice that the timestamps were from three and a half years ago, thinking this was referring to the current 1.7.x