Inactive [FIX/ADMN] NoLagg v1.88.1 - Prevent common lag causes on your server [2338]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bergerkiller, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Offline

bergerkiller

I had already made this plugin before after having a major lag issue. (lots of torches being filled, turned into items, lag for 20 minutes) It also works for 1060.

Some feature ideas are taken over from PerformanceTweaks by @LexManos so some credit goes to him. Code, however, written from scratch by me. :)

Important:

If you get a warning message [NoLagg TLN] followed up with a stack trace in the log, this has to do with the main thread not having responded within 10 seconds. When a plugin takes more than this time to enable, it will show that. The warning is NOT an error and is no bug, and not a bug related to NoLagg. To disable this feature, disable 'threadlocknotifier' in the config.yml. This feature is mainly intended to notify you what plugin is causing the server to freeze, may it ever happen. It is used to debug plugins in general, as they may get stuck for whatever reason.

NoLagg's features in a nutshell

Description

Prevent lag caused by many items

Every time an item gets spawned, it is buffered per chunk. For example, you spawn 30 items using Q and the maximum allowed items per chunk is 20, then the 10 remaining items are not spawned. They are spawned as soon the item count in this chunk is < 20 again.

Read more...

Form item stacks - fully automatically

Whenever two or more (configurable) items or experience orbs get near each other, they form a single stack of that item type. If someone drops 64 dirt blocks on the ground using Q, it will show a single item of 64 dirt instead.

Read more...

Prevent lag caused by TNT

This plugin takes over tnt ignition caused by explosions. When exploding stacks of tnt, it does not rush all tnts into a single tick, but detonate them nicely in sync. This results in pretty awesome fireworks. :)

Read more...

Prevent lag caused by lighting glitches

Whenever a new chunk is generated, it's lighting information is generated and all nearby players receive the updated chunk data. If the auto-method fails, you can use /nolagg fix to do it manually. This fixing fixes, for example, dark spots in and around caves lagging the client.

Read more...

Set entity spawn limits

You can set a spawn limit on virtually every entity in the game. From mobs to items to TNT. Only thing being excluded is Players, since I can't simply kick someone 'like that'. :)
    Note: It removes already spawned entities too. So, if you want to keep your animals alive, don't set mob or animal limits, or it will possibly clear your farm animals. (or you can disable the spawn limiter all together)

I recommend finding an alternative plugin for this instead. Removing entities after they are spawned causes more lag than it prevents!

Global auto-saver

Since asynchronous chunk saving is now implemented internally, it is no longer a problem to save entire worlds frequently. You can set auto-save intervals in the configuration. If used with an interval higher than 400 ticks (20 seconds) it will use a scheduled task instead of the internal saver to prevent chunks never getting saved. Another benefit is that player information is also auto-saved, preventing your players losing their inventory state.

New chunk sending mechanics

Instead of loading chunks all around the player, the player direction is used to load the visible chunks first. This means that players can expect chunks in front of them to load quickly, while chunks on the sides take a bit longer to appear. When the player looks into another direction, the direction changes and thus the new visible chunks get loaded first. Only if all chunks ahead of the player are loaded, chunks around the player are sent. This all can be configured using a simple minimum and maximum sending rate.

Read more...

Examining the server tick rate

If you encounter very low tick rates and you want to find out what plugin is causing it, you can use the examine component to find it out. It comes with a graphic viewer, which makes bug tracking the easiest thing ever.

Read more...

Prevent cross-thread access for events

As it seems, some plugins don't follow the rules and use Bukkit methods in another thread. This plugin will notify you and cancel if possible whenever this happens so other plugins understand their mistake. If you encounter a lot of spam in the console, first check the stack trace for the plugin that caused the error. Report this error to the author or remove the plugin, if you have questions you are free to ask.

Configuration (on BukkitDev)

Commands and Permissions (on BukkitDev)

Synchronized code accessed by another thread? (BukkitDev)

Media

Video by brandcool86

FAQ

- Help I experience missing chunks
    If you are using Spout, don't use Reloads. This is also the reason why Spout added a warning when a player tries to reload the server. Not using Spout, then it's a bug which you can report.

- Can this plugin be used with PTweaks
    (this message was really old...) Yes, they are compatible, but if certain features overlap, make sure you disable these features in either plugin.

- I get a warning about the async auto save and interval. Wat do?
    Change the autoSaveInterval value in the configuration to a value higher than 400, like 600. The warning is to prevent endless autosaves to occur, clogging up CPU.

- I have experienced CPU usage
    CPU usage is not the same as lag. NoLagg uses multiple (2-3) extra threads to prevent tick and network lag. If a lot has to be done, it does this quicker, but this takes more CPU obviously.

- I have lag when using NoLagg
    See also the FAQ above. Explain what type of lag you have: tick lag, client lag, network lag and/or 'block placement' lag. You can use /nolagg monitor to check the tick rate. If this is normal (>15), then you have network lag. Client lag is when the FPS drops. Block placement lag is lag when the tick rate is normal and other network messages, like chat, are instant.

- WorldEdit causes lag...
    YES because it is unsafe to take over the main thread while another plugin is having hold over it. I can try fixing this, but it could ultimately lead to some serious concurrency exceptions. Don't expect this to be implemented very soon...

- Do spawn limits interfere with mob-spawning plugins like MobArena?
    No, it does not. It only limits mobs spawned by 'nature': all custom creature spawns are ignored throughout the run of the plugin. Only after you reload will it lose track of these entities and will it remove custom-spawned mobs. If you use MobArena, be sure nothing is going on when you reload the server.

- Does item stacking interfere with Showcase or BleedingMobs?
    It supports Showcase and ShowcaseStandalone entirely. (showcased items are completely ignored at all times) The same applies to the 'particles' created by the BleedingMobs plugin. Know of a plugin where it stacks items which should not be stacked? Post the plugin name so I can add support. You are an owner and want to add support? Only having a function in your plugin to check if an item is 'ignored' is enough.

- Can this plugin be used with Chunk Manager
    If you want to use the Chunk Manager with Nolagg, disable the chunk sending of Nolagg first. If you don't do that, this plugin will do that by itself and send a warning in the log. Of course, compare the results first. :)

- What are the best settings if I have a lot of RAM memory?
    This plugin does not deal with reduced RAM memory. If I could, I would, but you simply can't reduce the amount of memory Java uses. This data is locked and secured, so I can't simply throw away bits of data or write and read data from/to disk. Any plugin claiming to reduce RAM usage on a server, is probably 'garbage collecting'. This fakes having less RAM usage by removing unused data, but Java does this by itself as well once it hits a certain limit. All these plugins will do is make the Garbage Collector run in overdrive, which will only kill your tick rate and/or CPU speeds. A bad thing.

- I get a lot of 'Synchronized code accessed from another thread' errors
    Find out what plugin is acting up by inspecting the stack trace. If the plugin that causes this is inactive, all you can do is wait for a refurnished version or someone to fix it for you, or use an alternative plugin. If it's still under development, notify the author of this, it IS an error caused by that plugin. If you can't find out the cause, PM me or post in this thread.

Before you begin writing a lag issue

This is very important, just posting a 'it causuz lagz und shitz' won't do, won't help and I won't be able to help you any further either. Question is if I even want to help you, if you post such a message without anything worth looking at. Things to include in your message:
    - Errors in the log if possible
    - What CB version you use and what NoLagg version you use
    - When this lag occurs. Tick rate drop in general?
    - The configuration you used when running this plugin
    - What type of lag if applicable. Options are: tick lag, client lag, network lag (see above)

Important links

NoLagg Download page and others at Dev Bukkit
    View the source code of NoLagg at GitHub

Use an archive extracting program (WinRar, WinZip) to open the archive.

TODO-list:
    - Add option to disable physics when the tick delay becomes too high

Changelog

Show your appreciation for my plugins by donating
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

bergerkiller

@Dark-Skript someone is messing around with an async task again...what plugins do you use?

EDIT found it.

I bet the 'Self Planting' plugin is using an async thread. What if you disable that plugin?

3. Offline

Dark-Skript

OK, I have disabled that now and I will let you know, Thanks :)

4. Offline

lillcollin

When I put out 100 000 tnt and puts a Redstone torch beside it exploded only one tnt! what should I do?
    i'm using google translate if the english is bad :)

5. Offline

NolanSyKinsley

I am having issues with this plugin(I think we were using the test version above) on a 200 cap server. We ran it on out 15 cap private and it works flawlessly. But when we put it on our main, everybody gets time out exceptions and kicked from the server. I will try and get the logs from the owner later on today but I love this plugin and I really would love it to work on our main, the difference on the 15 person server was amazing. Are the default settings what works for most ppl? It seemed slow on our private server so we tweaked them a little bit before trying to load on the main. Would this be our issue?

Second, stacking the unstackable. I know once the the item limit per chunk is reached they are buffered but items that don't stack in your inventory don't stack on the ground, like signs.

Lastly the config. The mob limits are what is tricky for us. The number of mobs while 30 people are on is vastly different from the number of mobs when 150 people are on. It would be nice to have a sliding scale like x number of mobs/animals per 100 loaded chunks. That way the number of mobs per online player/loaded chunks stays the same whether there are 30 or 150 ppl online.

6. Offline

_Zw_

[NoLagg] Is it posible to set seperate animal and item spawn limit with NoLagg? (For farming limit) I can only see entity limit that means both mobs and items.

7. Offline

kahlilnc

Does the same for me ;( @bergerkiller
    It wipes my config out with nolagg v 1.52.2 cb 1559 I keep changing the config to dis allow some mobs from spawning. And still on restart or reload it wipes out what I did with the changes.

8. Offline

bergerkiller

@kahlilnc @ledhead900 Ow must have missed the spoiler. And yes, there technically is no limit. The problem is in the MC server being a b*tch, sending way too much (useless) data to all clients. Mind though, that server<>client connection speeds can differ from your connection. For example, player A might be able to reach 200 kb/s while player B only reaches 50 kb/s. This means that player A can receive chunks faster, and B should get these chunks slower.

However, in the MC server they decided to simply check the amount of packets (not the size of the data buffer) and decide to send a chunk based on that. Also, for some reason it only sends chunks if a player is moving. Since movement/block change packets are so small, the only thing you should cut back on is the chunk data. If the connection is bad, only send the chunks that player desperately needs, not send the chunks behind the player in an endless radius, that's a waste.

Now some math. Say the connection is 200 kb/s, then it can handle 40 chunks/s, which is around 2 chunks/tick. A nice rate of 2. I could go and stick with that (as it was before), but player B has a connection of 100 kb/s. He should get a rate of 1, otherwise the buffer floods and eventually he would get kicked because of overflow.

Also, updated to v1.52.3 (sorry for the delay, had issues with Bukkit .org being laggy and MyWorlds/TrainCarts requiring updates). It fixes the configuration issue and I slightly adjusted the sending system to keep the send buffer down 200 kb in size. (it was 900 before)

ledhead900 and kahlilnc like this.
  9. Offline

Adrenaline

Orebfuscator isnt compatibility with NoLags :(
    PHP:
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREChunk (-77181stored at  (-91184in world 'test'
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREnet.minecraft.server.Chunk
    -12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREjava.lang.Throwable
    -12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getOrCreateChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:112)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.getChunkAt(World.java:331)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.getTypeId(World.java:278)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.GetAjacentBlocksTypeID(Calculations.java:117)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.GetAjacentBlocksTypeID(Calculations.java:136)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at lishid.orebfuscator.utils.Calculations.Obfuscate(Calculations.java:211)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at  lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.handle(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:62)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at  lishid.orebfuscator.utils.OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.run(OrebfuscatorCalculationThread.java:54)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREjava.lang.NullPointerException
    -12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREjava.lang.NullPointerException
    -12-06 08:57:38 [INFOChunk (-77181stored at  (-91184)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREjava.lang.Throwable
    -12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.util.LongHashtable.get(LongHashtable.java:32)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getOrCreateChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:104)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.getChunkAt(World.java:331)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:1894)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1740)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:503)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREChunk (-77181stored at  (-91184in world 'test'
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREnet.minecraft.server.Chunk
    -12-06 08:57:38 [SEVEREjava.lang.Throwable
    -12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getOrCreateChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:112)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:1894)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1740)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:503)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
    2011-12-06 08:57:38 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplicat

10. Offline

_Zw_

Il try again:
    Is it posible to set seperate animal and item spawn limit with NoLagg? (For farming limit) I can only see entity limit that means both mobs and items.

11. Offline

bergerkiller

@_Zw_ yup:
    Code:
    spawnlimits:
      default:
        item: 200
        animal: 500
        monster: 600
        cow: 12
        pig: 0
        creeper: 0
    @Adrenaline That looks more like a corrupted world...try running 'Chunky' over the world (test) and then run it again. It appears that chunks are stored at the wrong location in the region files, Chunky can fix that.

@_Zw_ One item is one visible item, so an item of 2 stacked dirt is one item.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  12. Offline

ledhead900

Well that post actually makes sense the statistics are justified. I completely agree too tho chunks should really only be loaded for usable distance. I know why MC server sends it like it does at least I think I do, Simply its all for visual effect and partially because notch is far to lazy to come up with genius ideas like you and your helpers.

But this is why for ages I had the max view set to 7 instead of 10 why would anyone need 10 set for view beats me in fact even could get away with 6 it not only faster for fps its better for players connecting. I mean u can still still see that gorgeous mountain range with out showing what is behind it.

Tho I think it impacts FPS more than bandwidth but if/when nolagg does as u wanted it to do and dynamically adjust rates per player based on connection then I think it would go hand in hand with the lower View distance set in server and things will go more smoothly for me. The extra view is only really useful if people are using the server for cinemacraft.

The only real issue I am fighting now is the fact that bukkit has a known ticket up about player.dat files becoming corrupt and causing the server to lockup when they join that simply as far as I know not been promoted to a new build yet zzzz, that and the fact some developers just won't update until 1.0 reco, factions being one of them, this means I need to use bypass command to bypass the internal command filtering other wise every other command will just throw me a NPE on non existent method.

P.Q, Did u fix up the config adjustment bug in this new version ?

13. Offline

bergerkiller

@ledhead900 Yup, the spawn limit configuration wiping bug is gone.

And yes, with this type of chunk sending the view distance is no longer an issue for clients. If they can't load as much, they will probably never reach that view distance anyway. And, unlike Bukkit, I re-order the sending queue every time a new coordinate is added or when the player crosses a chunk when walking. Bukkit doesn't do this, causing chunks to load extremely slowly when the player is walking around. (it is sending the chunks the player came from, while the new chunks are all below the stack)

kahlilnc likes this.
  14. Offline

_Zw_

Is that spawnlimit total or in chunks? How to make it in chunks?

15. Offline

bergerkiller

@_Zw_ It's impossible to set mob limits in chunks, this because mobs are mobile entities. They don't stay in that chunk. The same applies to items, but they are more static. You can set 'maxItemsPerChunk' to set the amount of items a chunk may contain at max. If this is exceeded, it will spawn the items later when this is possible.

16. Offline

_Zw_

ok, tnx for great answear!
    Btw, MaxItemsPrChunk is actual items or do 1 stack count as 1 item when they stack?

17. Offline

ledhead900

Thx and awesome news - this means I should no longer have to set the view to like 6 - 7 as it will not give me any advantage or savings over leaving it at 10 and letting nolagg does its job. What about if I set the view to like 15 or whatever the max is on server end ? would I notice any more bandwidth usage per player then just reducing it to 10 or lower. Surely having it lower still saves bandwidth as it would be a hard limit set to max each player could reach thus saving kbs for more players.

18. Offline

rbos

2011-12-07 23:46:20 [INFO] [NoLagg] NoLagg version 1.52.2 is enabled!
    CB 1561,
    regenerated configuration from scratch, no modifications,

mobs seem very rare to nonexistent.

/nolagg monitor alleges that there are 208 spawned at the moment with four players on, then drops to 66, , then up to 208 again. Moving to a different location, 82, 82, 18, 18, 18, 160, 160, 160, 160, 160, 160, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18.

At night, all players in 'world' and not moving around.

19. Offline

BioRage

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chunkmanager/

Should we use both, or just yours?

20. Offline

blokzeil1

I get this error:
    Code:
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE] [NoLagg] ShowcaseStandalone item verification failed (update needed?), contact the authors!
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.miykeal.showCaseStandalone.ShowCaseStandalone.isShowCaseItem(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Item;)Z
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ItemHandler.isIgnoredItem(ItemHandler.java:88)
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.Util.fillEntities(Util.java:89)
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.NoLagg$2.run(NoLagg.java:115)
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:487)
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:419)
    2011-12-08 09:27:19 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)!

Nolagg dont like showcase?

Clucky likes this.
  21. Offline

rtcabooservb

22. Offline

bergerkiller

@BioRage @rtcabooservb I can't go and give bad advise or say mine is better, but let's just say that the 'Chunk Manager' is included in NoLagg. It does have some serious differences, for one NoLagg's version replaced the chunk queue in total while the Chunk Manager uses a task to transfer data over every tick. Also, I maximize the rate by reading from the underlying packet queue, while with Chunk Manager people with bad connections will be kicked if the rate is set too high. (this is what I had to resolve)
    Of course, Chunk Manager is more dedicated to it's task and I bet it will be improved more and more, that is why I made it possible to use Chunk Manager with NoLagg. I recommend comparing both plugins, if you have issues with Chunk Manager or NoLagg's 'chunk sending' part, feel free to switch between them.

In short: both - not possible, they will interfere. Mine? I don't know, it's up to you to decide what to use. It is possible that I will push my code to Chunk Manager and separate the two eventually, then I can link to Chunk Manager in this page.

@blokzeil1 Could be you need to update ShowcaseStandalone, a previous version didn't have that function (yet). If this doesn't resolve it, I may have to contact them and/or change the function if needed.

23. Offline

Clucky

What does this mean?

Code:
    [SEVERE] [NoLagg] ShowcaseStandalone item verification failed (update needed?), contact the authors!
    14:37:18 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.miykeal.showCaseStandalone.ShowCaseStandalone.isShowCaseItem(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Item;)Z
    14:37:18 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ItemHandler.isIgnoredItem(ItemHandler.java:88)
    14:37:18 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.Util.fillEntities(Util.java:89)
    14:37:18 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.NoLagg$2.run(NoLagg.java:115)
    14:37:18 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    14:37:18 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    14:37:18 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
    14:37:18 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

server info & plugins (open)

Code:
    [B]This server runs:[/B]
     git-Bukkit-1.8.1-R4-56-g49f31ff-b1532jnks (MC: 1.0.0)

[B]This server uses the following plugins:[/B]
     AdvancedBans v0.4
     AutoSave v2.0.1
     BananaChunk v4.6
     bLog v1.1.0
     boosCoolDown v1.4.4
     BukkitHTTPD v0.1.8
     CartJump v1.0
     Catacombs v0.9
     CFBanner v1.9.3
     ChunkManager v0.1
     Command iConomy v7
     commandBlocks v1.0.0
     CommandBook v1.6
     CustomCrafting v0.6
     DeathTpPlus v3.0
     dynmap v0.23
     EffectiveArrows v2.5.2
     ForeverALoad v0.4
     GiftSend v0.7
     GlobalShop v0.6b2
     iConomy v6.0.7b
     ItemDetector v1.0
     ItemID v1.2
     ItemLogger v1.031
     ItemsForXP v1.0
     LoginBonus v0.6
     LWC v3.53
     MCDocs v11
     MCStats2 v2.6
     Memo v1.0
     MineCal v0.3
     MinecraftViewer v1.0d
     MobDisguise v1.63
     NoLagg v1.52.2
     NoMovedTooQuicklyKick v1.1
     OffLine v1.0
     OpenInv v1.5.2
     OtherDrops v2.0-beta6
     Permissions v2.7.7
     PermissionsBukkit v1.2
     playerList v0.1
     PlayerLogger v0.1a
     PlayerTracker v1.0
     PluginsManager v11.07.26
     PlugMan v1.3.2
     Rakamak v3.1.0
     RemindMe v0.5.1
     Reporter v2.5.1
     Residence v2.4.2
     ResidenceSigns v0.2
     Runecraft v0.5
     Seats v0.3
     SeattleSummer v1.6
     SheepFeed v1.3
     ShowCaseStandalone v0.37
     SimpleClans v1.7.5
     SuperLog v2.0
     TeleConfirmLite v1.6
     TextPlayer v0.9
     Tips v1.0.1
     ToolNotifier v0.4
     uCalc v51
     UnlimitedLava v1.4.1
     VanishNoPickup v1.9.12
     WorldEdit v4.7
     WorldGuard v5.3
     XcraftGate v0.9.1

Obtained through PluginsManager

Tag me or click reply when answering please, thank you.

There is the same error 3 posts up.

24. Offline

Teh Kitteh

Noticing much less performance with the latest builds. I disabled almost everything that I thought might lag (including the new chunk edit) and I still had major CPU usage with this plugin. Rather then 20% usage with 10 players its hitting 60-140%. Its lagging like fuck

25. Offline

ledhead900

@bergerkiller
    I got this Concurrent error yesterday while exploring a world made by "TerrainControl"
    Code:
    2011-12-10 00:14:06 [WARNING] Task of 'NoLagg' generated an exception
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.set(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.update(ChunkSendQueue.java:199)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.update(ChunkSendQueue.java:180)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.access$0(ChunkSendQueue.java:150)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue$1$1.handle(ChunkSendQueue.java:44)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.world(ChunkSendQueue.java:110)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.global(ChunkSendQueue.java:104)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.access$1(ChunkSendQueue.java:101)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue$1.run(ChunkSendQueue.java:42)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457) 

26. Offline

Adrenaline

Can you silence it ? \/
    PHP:
    Fetching addPacket for removed entityCraftPlayer
    Fetching addPacket 
    for removed entityCraftPlayer
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    Fetching addPacket 
    for removed entityCraftPlayer{
    -.-...

27. Offline

bergerkiller

@Clucky StandAlone showcase should have implemented the 'isShowcasedItem' function by now. Try re-downloading ShowcaseStandalone and if it still fails contact me.

@ledhead900 Yay for concurrency, I'll add some synchronization in the send queue.

@Adrenaline Ah that error, introduced in v1.9 -.-
    Unfortunately it is used internally in the 'Tracker Entities', silencing it is possible but will probably require too much CPU. It's more of a Bukkit bug though (as so many)

@Teh Kitteh could you log the server (/nolagg log, then again to stop loggin) and upload the resulting log file and link me to it? It will probably give me an idea why/what is lagging your server. Also, chunk control hardly uses up CPU as it is very simple, the main CPU using thing is entity spawn limiting and item stack forming.

Ok updating it. Fixes:
    - Prevents the concurrency issues in the sending bit
    - Now clears away dead entities from the tracked entity list - eventually fixing the 'Fetching packet' messages

And please update ShowcaseStandalone, I verified it and the newer version does work with NoLagg. (mind the 'update needed')

*updated*

Also added chunk sending status read-out when using /nolagg monitor. Great for debug purposes

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  28. Offline

Tomaz

This is pretty awesome.

29. Offline

beleg

hi, im using craftbukkit 1.0.. latest nolagg and this is my config :
    Code:
    bufferItems: true
    bufferTNT: true
    useSpawnLimits: true
    useChunkUnloadDelay: true
    tntDetonationInterval: 1
    tntDetonationRate: 10
    explosionRate: 5
    maxItemsPerChunk: 40
    formItemStacks: true
    chunkUnloadDelay: 100000
    autoSaveInterval: 800
    updateInterval: 200
    stackRadius: 3.0
    stackThreshold: 4
    monitorInterval: 40
    autoFixLighting: true
    chunkSending:
      enabled: true
      minRate: 0.15
      maxRate: 1.75
      boost: 50
    spawnlimits: {}

if im teleporting to an location without humans (unloaded chunks I think) there is a big area with lighting issues arround me. if i type /nolagg fix they're gone..
    how can I fix this? (because I dont think its your issue :)

30. Offline

bergerkiller

@beleg weird...then it's having lighting issues which are not permanently fixed...

@ledhead900 I uploaded .5, tell me if that fixes those chunk send errors you are getting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  31. Offline

ledhead900

Worse issues than that on your hands even tho the lighting fix does nothing I can agree with u on that note it broke sometime just after your 1.0 releases, Clicking an area near the issue corrects it but it is not doing it as chunk loads or as players explore.

As I stated bigger issues to worry about :(, Your last fix has now caused this
    Code:
    2011-12-11 22:43:22 [WARNING] Task of 'NoLagg' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.sendFirst(ChunkSendQueue.java:245)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.update(ChunkSendQueue.java:234)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.update(ChunkSendQueue.java:192)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.access$0(ChunkSendQueue.java:167)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue$1$1.handle(ChunkSendQueue.java:44)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.world(ChunkSendQueue.java:110)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.global(ChunkSendQueue.java:104)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.access$1(ChunkSendQueue.java:101)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue$1.run(ChunkSendQueue.java:42)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:493)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    2011-12-11 22:43:22 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.LinkedList.get(Unknown Source)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.updateBoost(ChunkSendQueue.java:251)
    at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.nolagg.ChunkSendQueue.get(ChunkSendQueue.java:266)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:236)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:306)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    I am not sure if it is the latest CraftBukkit version tho, I'm using "1575" as it contains a lot of fixes from past builds that superseded the need to use 1550.