Filled FAQ Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Zerecrafter, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zerecrafter

FAQ
    Okay so I'm wondering if anyone could make a plugin where players do /faq or /info and then a GUI pop's up with items that you can put in it with descriptions and also certain features that your server has? Kinda like this:

[​IMG]
    The items/blocks that go in that GUI should be choosable by the player.

Also, whenever they click on a certain item/block in the GUI, it opens up either another GUI or like a more bigger configurable description in the chat like this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And then this would be an example of how it would work in chat if you clicked one of those items/blocks in the GUI and it was configured to output information in the chat:[​IMG]

It should be configurable whether or not a player wants to open up a new GUI window whenever a certain block/item is clicked and also whether or not anything shows up in chat whenever a certain block/item is clicked. Also, I think that the lore and stuff should be configurable in the config file and also the title of the GUI and the new GUI's that pop up whenever anything is clicked.

I also think we should be able to type multiple lines of lore in the GUI for a single item/block.
    I also think that the title of each item/block in the GUI should be configurable in the config file.

I believe that slot order number goes like this:[​IMG]
    Some suggestions for commands would be:
    /faq - open FAQ GUI
    /fset title <title> - make and set title of main faq GUI
    /fhelp - plugin command help?
    /fset info <title> <slot #>
    (slot # is where the placement of the item/block being held in hand would go in the GUI) <decription> - set item/block being held in hand to the corresponding slot # and it's description along with the title specified

Some suggestions for permissions would be:

faq.open - Ability to open faq GUI
    faq.set.title - Ability to make and set title of main faq GUI
    faq.help - Ablity to see which commands are available for this plugin
    faq.set.info - Ability to set items/blocks in the GUI and give them titles/slot #/descriptions

Here's an example/suggestion of how the config.yml would look like:
    Code:
    THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE TO SHOW YOU WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE IN THE CONFIG FOR THE SCREENSHOTS I POSTED

faq:
        &2FAQ: <------------title of main FAQ GUI (should be configurable)
            LWC:             <---------------title of the block/item
                slot: '10'       <---------------slot # that the item will go into
                description:'Protect containers from pesky raiders. %newline%Lock furnaces, chests, and more!' <---------------should be able to have multiple lines of description
                features:'-Private protections %newline%-Donation containers %newline%-Public Containers'      <---------------features
                open: true     <---------------if "open" is set to true, then when this item/block is clicked, a new GUI will open up
                    GUITitle:'LWC' <--------------title of the GUI that will open up when this item/block is clicked since "open" is set to "true"
                chat: false    <---------------if "chat" is set to true, then when this item is clicked, a description will open up in the player's chat
                    description:''   <--------------description that will show up in chat if "chat" is set to "true".
                sub: true      <---------------sub categories inside the block/item (in this case, the subcategory of the LWC block/item would be "locked chests") if set to "true", then a new GUI will open
                    &6Locks: <---------------name/title of subcategory item that will open up
                        slot: '1'
                        description:'Some blocks automatically lock when you place them. These included chests as well as furnaces. %newline%%newline%There are three types of LWC protections.'
                        features:''
                        open: false
                            GUITitle:''
                        chat: true
                        sub: false
                    &6Private Protections:
                        slot: '18'
                        description:'Private protection information'
                            description:'&9&nPrivate Protections %newline%%newline% Private protections are the most standard. certain items when placed are automatically protected with private protections. Players who are not added to this protection cannot open or break your protected block.%newline%%nweline%You can locksome block with this type of protection with the following command: %newline% &6-&r/lock %newline%You can add a user to this type of protection list with the following command: %newline%&6-&r/cmodify [name]'
                    &6Public Protections:
                        slot: '19'
                        description:'Public protection information'
                            description: '' <---I would put the descriptiuon but I don't remember what it had and I didn't put the screenshot on the post but you get the idea though
                    &6Donation Protections:
                        slot: '20'
                        description:'Donation protection information'
                            description:'' <---same thing for this one
                    &6Hopper Protections:
                        slot: '21'
                        description:'Hopper protection information'
                            description:'' <---same thing

So, all in all this was just an EXAMPLE of how it would look like in the config file for the plugin, or something similar to it. Sorry about the red letters, I guess my formatting wasn't right 

Personally I think that the majority of the setup of this plugin would be inside the config (like whenever administrators/owners want to set this plugin up for their server they can do so by going to the config and setting it up there and stuff instead of typing a bunch of commands. That's why there's not that many commands as you can see. I think someone should try coding this! It's a cool idea and it would be beyond appreciated!!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@Zerecrafter

You can do this very easily using ChestCommands and CommandOverride.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chest-commands/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/commandoverride/

Just create all the GUIs and Sub-GUIs using ChestCommands and then create all the text-based info by creating Commands via CommandOverride.
    Note here that ChestCommands does support running CommandOverride Commands when clicking on an Item.

This would save you a lot of time as both Plugins are much more easy to configure then what a Plugin like this one would be.

3. Offline

Zerecrafter

4. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@Zerecrafter
    No problem, please mark this Thread as Filled then.

5. Offline

Zerecrafter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.