Filled FakeVanish

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by adi0115, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Staff

Minecraft version: 1.8

Suggested name: FakeVanish

What I want: When a staff member does /vanish (Essentials) a message will be displayed in the chat which is made to look like a fake leave (My server uses custom leave message so in the config, you can set the leave message with a player name variable for example "&e- %player%") When staff come out of /vanish, a join message will be displayed which can be set in the config just like the leave message.

Ideas for commands: No commands

Ideas for permissions: No permission needed

When I'd like it by: Tomorrow

2. I'm still looking for someone to do this!

3. Offline

Y1ght

https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/supervanish
    I looked up 1.8 vanish plugin and found this. It looks like your looking for, just it's not the essentials vanish, I think this would be better anyway, I did not make that by the way all I did was look up 1.8 vanish.

4. Offline

Shqep

I thought Essentials got this already? /vanish does give fake join/leave messages?
    And you can customize join/leave messages in the config...?

Correct me if i’m wrong?

5. @Shqep Vanilla Essentials doesn't have the function, there's this plugin: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/adminessentials which is Essentials addon and has the commands to send fake leave and fake join but it hasen't been updated since 2016 and I would prefer fake leave to be sent when /vanish is done and not as a seperate command.

6. Offline

Shqep

Ehh, so do you still want a separate plugin to track Essentials vanish or nah?

7. @Shqep Yeah, I would prefer to.

8. Offline

Chr0mosom3

Finished the plugin, the chatcolor character is &, in the config change
    Code:
     Join: [message]
    Leave: [message]

Link

9. Offline

KarimAKL

@MrDaniel Did you test this? I tried downloading it and use jd-gui to look at the source, not sure if it didn't get decompiled correctly or what but from looking at the code (which might be wrong, idk) i don't think it'll work.

EDIT: In case you were wondering why i looked at the source to begin with, it's because i was wondering how you made this plugin as i don't know how you would get the player's vanish status from Essentials.

10. @MrDaniel I get this error
    Code:
    20:10:18 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Vanish.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    20:10:18 org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: name is not defined
    20:10:18     at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:898) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    20:10:19     at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:232) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    20:10:19     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:159) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    20:10:19     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    20:10:19     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:292) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    20:10:19     at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:198) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    20:10:19     at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:525) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    20:10:19     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_161]
    20:10:19 Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    20:10:19     at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:891) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]

11. Offline

Chr0mosom3

Ups, forgot to specify name xD

Btw, you need the vanish.use permission to execute this command.

Link to download

12. @MrDaniel I seem to get a different error now:
    Code:
    16:21:27 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Vanish (1).jar' in folder 'plugins'
    16:21:27 org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: commands are of wrong type
    16:21:27     at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:946) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    16:21:27     at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:232) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    16:21:27     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:159) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    16:21:27     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:133) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    16:21:27     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:292) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    16:21:27     at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:198) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    16:21:27     at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:525) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    16:21:27     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_161]
    16:21:27 Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.Map
    16:21:27     at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:928) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
    16:21:27     ... 7 more

13. Offline

Chr0mosom3

@adi0115, I have rewritten the plugin and it's better now (thanks to @timtower).

This is the new link to download it

----------
    Old link will not work anymore

14. @MrDaniel Thanks a lot, it loaded now, but I seem not be able to go into Vanish, I'm doing /vanish on and it just shows /vanish <ON:OFF> message, no errors in the console.

15. Offline

KarimAKL

@adi0115 I think it's case sensitive. (meaning it should be "ON", not "on", "On" or "oN")

16. @KarimAKL Tried multiple combinations, none work.

17. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@adi0115 Looked at the code, plugin is just broken.

@MrDaniel Did you try the plugin yourself?

18. Offline

Chr0mosom3

19. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@MrDaniel You never registered the commandexecutor or listeners, that isn't a command argument issue.

20. @MrDaniel /vanish ON and /vanish OFF only brings up the /vanish <ON:OFF> message, I even tried typing the whole command in capitals /VANISH ON and nothing happens. Same goes for the /vanish off.

21. Offline

Chr0mosom3

@timtower, will try to fix when my bukkit starts working again.

@adi0115, fixed the plugin works now.

In the config do
    Code:
    Join: [message]
    Leave: [message]
    For the players name do "%"

Link

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2019
  22. Offline

Shqep

You recreated the vanish command? Wah I just tracked Essentials' vanish status...

23. @MrDaniel The config is not generated the commands still doesn't work, not sure if the commands don't work because configs are not generated.

24. Offline

Chr0mosom3

@adi0115, you have to generate config manually. Create a file in the plugins folder the same name as the folder and then open it up and put in a text file in there config.yml

25. Offline

KarimAKL

@MrDaniel It would probably be a good idea to create the file in your code or let someone know that they have to do it themselves. (Just information for the next time you create a plugin for someone)

26. Offline

Chr0mosom3

@KarimAKL, will take it for future consideration, thank you for the feedback. But no thank you? xD

EDIT: Don't forget to mark the post as filled

27. Offline

KarimAKL

28. Offline

Chr0mosom3

29. Offline

KarimAKL

@MrDaniel No problem, it's probably the picture that confused you.

30. @MrDaniel Thank you, works now, but for some reason doesn't put me in vanish but it displays the messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.