Extra Inventory Storage(Alchemy Bag(Book))

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mactown21, May 12, 2014.

1. Offline

mactown21

Ok, If you have ever played tekkit your probably familiar with Alchemy Bag. There bags that you can use in the game, and when right clicked you can store items in them just for backup. You can only access this inventory/gui thing with a item, Maybe a book you can access this extra storage for items incase you die or lose items.

So mainly, Can someone make a plugin where if you right click a book *not book and quill* a inventory gui pop up with the max available slots that can fit into minecraft with it glitching out, maybe 30 slots? And you can store items, and saved in seperate config files for that player information.
    maybe for example the plugin folder can be like <plugin_name>/playerdata/

please add permissions for them to be used and add a command where maybe admins can use to open the gui without a book.

2. Offline

enzokarate

On it! It's as good as done.

3. Offline

DevObi_

We'll be right on it!

4. Offline

tcvs

mactown21 be patient it takes time to create a plugin.

au2001 likes this.
  5. Offline

JuicyDev

Here you go:
    AlcBags: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98713951/AlcBags.jar
    JCore (Core plugin with methods): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98713951/JCore.jar

The recipe for a bag is:
    "wcw", "eme", "wcw" or "wew", "cmc", "wew"
    w = wool of bag colour
    c = ender chest
    e = eye of ender
    m = emerald

If you don't like the recipe I can change it, I just couldn't think of a good one off the top of my head.

The bag inventories are stored in //plugins/alcbags/bags/{player uuid}.yml

Available commands (prefixed with /alcbags):
    • help [command] - Gives info about commands
    • give <colour> [player] - Gives the user or specified player a bag of the colour specified
    • open <colour> [player] - Opens the specified colour of alchemy bag for the user or specfied player
    • list - Lists the available colours
    Hitting the TAB key whilst entering a command will tab complete with available options.

mactown21 Just gonna tahg you

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  6. Offline

mactown21

@tcvsIm counting on you with this one. I will wait for yours and noone else. Thanks for your help

7. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Why do you dislike library's then? Vault is one ( kinda )
    And what is not working then? Do you have an error log?

Full startup log?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

mactown21

timtower

Code:
    Console : [06:20:40 ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins\AlcBags.jar' in folder 'plugins'

Console : org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: JuicyCore

Console : at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:201) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]

Console : at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:350) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]

Console : at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R1.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:312) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]

Console : at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:63) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]

Console : at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:14) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]

Console : at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:126) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]

Console : at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:424) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]

Console : at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:617) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.2-R0.3-b3020jnks]
    timtower Changing the dependency of AlcBags from JuicyCore to JCore the plugin loaded without a problem

9. Online

That is why I asked for the startup log

10. Offline

mactown21

timtower I have a bag, but how do i open it?

11. Online

Based on his code, click when you have the item in your hand.

12. Offline

JuicyDev

oops, forgot to rename the dependency my bad, i recently renamed the core from juicycore to jcore

EDIT: I'll also change that to a softdepend because I handle the dependencies on load to avoid the ugly error message and replace it with a cleaner looking one

13. Offline

mactown21

@JuicyDevThe timtower No currently right clicking and left clock does not work to open the bag at the moment. Would you like to join the server?

14. Offline

JuicyDev

15. Offline

mactown21

JuicyDev Does this fix work to open up the bag? Because it wont open. If this was just the fix for what plugin depends i have already fixed that. The problem is now is that i cant open the bag

16. Offline

JuicyDev

Is there an error log? It worked for me but it is possible I messed it up just before I uploaded.

By the way, the core plugin handles lots of methods like giving items the fake enchantment glow.

17. Offline

mactown21

JuicyDev

Code:
    09:16:06 AM

CONSOLE:

ERROR]: Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to AlcBags v1.0

CONSOLE:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Bukkit.getPlayer(Ljava/util/UUID;)Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;

CONSOLE:

Source) ~[?:?]

CONSOLE:

Source) ~[?:1.7.0_09]

CONSOLE:

Source) ~[?:1.7.0_09]
    Yea ive seen the play disc and midi, pretty cool i have to say. thats a keeper :)

JuicyDev and on the count of that can you remove uuid from the plugin? for some reason im running 1.7.2R0-3 and it looks like from the past i had plugins that supported uuid and i always get errors, so i had to get a version without uuid

18. Offline

JuicyDev

Ah, 1.7.2 didn't have Bukkit.getPlayer(UUID uuid)

I can make a special version just for you that does player name instead. Should be long just a couple of minutes.

19. Offline

mactown21

Could that be a conflict with uuid and 1.7.2? Because i think its very obvious that uuid is the problem

Ok thanks, and how long with that take?

20. Offline

JuicyDev

Couple of minutes, it's as simple as changing all the methods to String ones.

21. Offline

mactown21

JuicyDev Tahg me when you finish and thanks for helping. This is something i really need for factions and towny to have that tekkit feeling :)

22. mactown21 Warning: UUIDs aren't going away. It'll either break again eventually or you'll be left behind (and still might break)

23. Offline

JuicyDev

24. Offline

mactown21

Yea but i hate that there adding uuid, My favorite bukkit is 1.4.6 & 1.6.4 when i seen 1.7 i didnt even feel like being bothered with plugins with bugs and etc. Its kindof annoying. But i try to fix things. Right now, all the plugins on my server was remade without uuid, and i finally got everything running, no errors :)

25. Offline

JuicyDev

AdamQpzm

Note, I am making him a version for 1.7.2, this was made for name changes etc. with UUIDs but he is using a version without the Bukkit.getPlayer(UUID uuid) method.

26. Offline

mactown21

Ok, I will wait until you upload it.

27. mactown21 UUIDs are the solution, not the problem.

28. Offline

JuicyDev

29. Offline

mactown21

JuicyDev Thanks alot Now i could probably get my server open today

30. Offline

JuicyDev

mactown21
    No prob, I always enjoy making small plugins like these. By the way, the play midi command allows you to play midi files from the //plugins/JCore/midi/ folder. You can use "/playmidi list" for a list of available files. (I love the way that the midi files will continue to play through reloads, so you don't have to worry about that.

mactown21
    Feel free to suggest more ideas, though I'm not sure whether the forum staff would want it in a separate thread.