Plugin Help Essentials won't load

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Xecros, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Xecros

So, i'm new to this. I'm developing a new server that I'm going to stand up.

I've downloaded and compiled the newest Spigot....or at least, it was the newest about a week ago.

I've downloaded the newest builds of WorldEdit 6 and WorldGuard 6 beta. Long story short, had to back down to WorldGuard 5.9 before WorldGuard would work.

Built my spawn, downloaded the newest build of Essentials and it fails to load. Downloaded the newest beta build of Essentials, same problem.

1. Yes, i did search the forums for the error message generated. Found nothing directly related. Found a couple indirectly related, but the solutions either didn't apply, or didn't work.

Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/Y0qnGFZd

EDIT by Timtower: replaced long log by pastebin link.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives.

3. Offline

Shaggy67

Make sure you're using Spigot's version of Essentials. They've made some modifications to it in order for it to work with 1.8. I don't think those changes have been ported to the main Essentials project yet. FYI, there are also Spigot 1.8 specific changes to WorldEdit and WorldGuard too, although I think I saw that the main projects for those were porting the changes back in.

4. Offline

Xecros

the essentials i downloaded was from the following link: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted not allowed paid resource url>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
  5. Offline

andrewkm

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
    KinkyWhisker likes this.
  6. Offline

KinkyWhisker

7. Offline

andrewkm

Glad to hear :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.