Solved Essentials Won't Allow Vanilla Commands

Discussion in 'General Help' started by erio7, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

erio7

A few days ago I created my own bukkit server, and I began adding plugins. The only plugins I have are PermissionsEx, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, and normal Essentials, EssentialsChat, EssentialsAntiBuild, EssentialsProtect, and EssentialsSpawn, which I will talk about in a moment. No other player has logged on to the server but me. I downloaded all the Essentials plugins at once, and when I went on to my world, I tried using them, and none of the essentials commands worked. In fact, I can't even break blocks, and vanilla commands won't work either. The only commands that work are WorldEdit commands. Also, every time I attempt to use a command, the command appears in the console, but there are never and error messages, in the console, or in-game. Can somebody help me out? Also, just in case you need to know, PermissionsEx, Essentials, EssentialsChat, and EssentialsSpawn are all red when I use the command /pl.

2. Offline

Boomer

you need to remove ALL of those essentials plugin jar files, and use only the correct versions. You are using a 1.8 server (99% accuracy of that guess prediction, dont fail me yet..) but installed the standard Version 2.13 essentials plugins.. they dont work on 1.8.
    You need to use the "snapshot" jars that were written explicitly for 1.8, google "essentials 1.8 spigot" and one of the top hits will be a "jenkins" server entry, with a list of various jar file. Get just the jar files you need from that list, and you will be able to have them work on a 1.8 server.

Unless you then during startup see an error in essentials that has the line "not found" regarding "/nio/CharBuffer" - in which case, you are running your server on java 6 and you need to have java 7 or higher to run essentials.

3. Offline

erio7

Thanks! It really helped, and now I can continue working on my server! Again, thanks a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.