Plugin Help ...Essentials providing extra commands.. to users...

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by BKblazeking, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BKblazeking

... I just finished most of my server up... and there is one problem. I finished up all the permissions for the ranks and now I found out Essentials is giving extra commands to players. All the ranks have tons of random commands I didn't assign... Please help if you know anything about this...

2. @BKblazeking
    Permissions can have "true" assigned as a default value. This means that all users will have the permission, regardless if you have assigned it to them. The way to fix this is to add something called a negative permission node to your groups. A negative permission is achieved by putting a "-" before the permission node. Example: "-essentials.command.help" (probably not a real perm node, just something I made up)

BKblazeking likes this.
  3. Offline

BKblazeking

Thank You! I will try what you said and hopefully it will work... Also... Do you know if there is a way to just turn the extra commands off .-. ???

Also... Can you tell me why the extra perms are added ??

... I just fixed it by deleting the plugin and re-installing it idk how that did it but yah it works :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.