Plugin Help essentials protect is now in emergency mode problem

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by calsouth, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

calsouth

i start my server and join it and in the chat it says "essentials protect is now in emergency mode, check log for details" and i can't break blocks or do any essentials commands, i really need help please!

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@calsouth did you or did you not check the log for details?
    If you did, please copy all relevant information from the log, put it in pastebin.com, and post the link here.
    Your post is equivalent to putting your computer on the tech support counter, saying "It doesn't work. Fix it.", and leaving.

3. Offline

TheMrJezza

Well if you're running the server off a mac you need java se or something like that, I have never had this problem but I know people that have, also another thing to check is if you are using the right version of essentials.

essentials for 1.8 and higher : https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/
    essentials for 1.7.10 and lower : http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/essentials/

Im guessing because this is in the Bukkit Alternatives section, you are using 1.8 but anyway just in case.

If essentials was working and for no good reason just decided it didn't want to work then just do what pie_flavor said to do.

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@TheMrJezza
    SE means standard edition, in contrast with EE which is enterprise edition.
    you're basically telling him to make sure he has java installed.
    if he's gotten to the point where the server is giving him an error it's safe to say that he has java.

and if essentials was the wrong version, it wouldn't even load in the first place. No way it can get around missing package errors.

5. Offline

calsouth

do i show you the "latest log"?

does spigot plugins work with a craftbukkit server?

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

6. Most do but some don't.

7. Offline

calsouth

will essentials work?

8. @calsouth Yes, Essentials should work fine.

9. Offline

calsouth

thanks for your help! it works fine now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.