Plugin Help Essentials not working

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by G60HD, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

G60HD

I have installed the latest essentials plugin from the bukkit website and it doesn't seem to work. It said it was out of date. I then got the plugin from the spigot page which was more updated still didn't work. has anyone else had this problem and has any one fixed it

2. Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. Offline

G60HD

4. @G60HD He error from console. If there is no error please post full startup log.

5. Offline

G60HD

[11:30:42] [Server thread/WARN]: ?4Version mismatch! Please update EssentialsChat to the same version.
    [11:30:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Bukkit version format changed. Version not checked.
    [11:30:42] [Server thread/INFO]: git-Bukkit-"24557bc" (MC: 1.8)
    [11:30:42] [Server thread/INFO]: 1.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT
    [11:30:42] [Server thread/ERROR]: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.cache.CacheBuilder.maximumSize(I)Lcom/google/common/cache/CacheBuilder;
    [11:30:42] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling Essentials vPre2.14.1.3 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    i get that

6. @G60HD Update EssentialsChat to the same version of Essentials.

7. Offline

G60HD

how do i do that
    shall i just get it from spigot
    but im running bukkit

8. @G60HD Yes the one of Spigot, it should work fine as they are both Spigot's 1.8 builds.

9. Offline

G60HD

but will it work with craft bukkit beacuse ithought it was a different thing

10. @G60HD They are slightly different but you are using the 1.8 one made by Spigot so that Essentials should work perfectly fine.

11. Offline

G60HD

got it working thanks dude for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.