Plugin Help Essentials groupmanager/chat help with tekkit classic

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by cheekycharlie101, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm using the tekkit release for my tekkit classic server. Most things work fine, how ever when i try to change the suffix for a group or user, it changes correctly, and uses the correct colours specified but it does not change the chat colour. Does anyone know a solution for this? For example:
    Code:
    /manuaddv <user> suffix &a
    This should change that users chat colour to light green, How ever it does not, but If i do this:
    Code:
    /manuaddv <user> suffix &cHello&c
    The user will have Hello written next to their name as expected, but chat colour remains white.
    Anyone know of any issues? Below are my current relevant sections of my config
    Config (open)

Code:
    # A color code between 0-9 or a-f. Set to 'none' to disable.
    ops-name-color: 'c'

# The character(s) to prefix all nicknames, so that you know they are not true usernames.
    nickname-prefix: '~'

# Disable this if you have any other plugin, that modifies the displayname of a user.
    change-displayname: true

# When this option is enabled, the (tab) player list will be updated with the displayname.
    # The value of change-displayname (above) has to be true.
    change-playerlist: true

# Adds the prefix and suffix to the displayname of the player, so it will be displayed in messages and lists.
    # The prefix/suffix can be set using Permissions, Group Manager or PermissionsEx.
    # The value of change-displayname (above) has to be true.
    # If you don't set this, it will default to true if essentials chat is installed.
    # Don't forget to remove the # infront of the line
    add-prefix-suffix: true

Code:
    chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
      # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
      # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
      # Or with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
      # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
      radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat
      # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
      # If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
      # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
      #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&a {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
        #Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'
        #Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If your using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

Apologies if their is already a thread on this, I dug around a bit and couldn't find a solution to my issue.

2. Offline

Boomer

Whatever chat formatting plugin you are using is overriding the suffix part with a hardcoding coloring of the message. Just cause you have an essentials config, does not mean that essentials chat is the one calling the shots on your server, or that you even have essentials.chat
    There may be other chat formatting plugins.

You can test by changing thef ormat to insert some $$ signs or ( ) round brckets in the ess format string and then see if the server uses them in the display. If it doesn't, its a different chat plugin.

3. I'm pretty certain That i have o other chat programs installed. If i add a suffix to someones name, the suffix IS added, just has no effect on the chat colour. The only confliction I could really see is group manager and chat?

My plugins list
    Core protect
    Essentials
    EssentialsChat
    EssentialsGeoIP
    EssentialsGroupBridge
    EssentialsGroupManager
    EssentsProtect
    EssentialsSpawn
    EssentialsXMPP
    Factions
    TekkitRestrict
    VoxelSniper
    worldedit
    WorldGuard

I cannot see anything causing this issue other than a bug in the version of essentials? No errors are displayed and im using the official tekkit release

4. Offline

Boomer

Factions does chat
    I specified to you a way to confirm the chat formatting string. Suffixes and prefixes can be put into the system regardless - you're not testing "did the system pick up the suffix from the group manager", you've done that, your suffixes do work.

What you need to test is the "where exactly are those names and suffixes going in my system"

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME} (((> Hi {MESSAGE}'

Try that, see if your chat includes the parentheses or not. If it does not, congrats, you just demonstrated that ess chat is not fully in control of the system, but that something else is calling the formatting shots.
    Other plugins can format the {message} component so that regardless of suffixes and such, or can format the displayname with additional features

5. I wasn't too understanding about your idea, but I changed my config as shown below to attempt at what you asked

Code:
    chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
      # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
      # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
      # Or with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
      # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
      radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat
      # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
      # If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
      # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting  

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME} (((> Hi {MESSAGE}'
      #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&a {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
        #Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'
        #Owner: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

This has no effect what so ever ingame, leading me to believe that your idea about something else controlling chat may be in effect. It's also worth mentioning that this issue was occuring before factions was installed.
    Anything else I should do?
    Thankyou for your help.

6. Offline

Boomer

pastebin a latest.log file after restarting the server - it will list EVERY plugin jar launching (when folks type out 'I have these plugins' it doesn't have the same effect as seeing which jars are actually there (though you did enumerate all the essentials packages). It will also show any cautions, warnings, errors, and key info - what version, what build - details that can be useful www.pastebin.com

After restarting - not /reload

7. I deleted my server.log file, restarted my server and here is the contents of it:
    http://pastebin.com/SHTb6QRV
    From my analysis, I can't see anything that could override group manager, maybe I'm missing something?

8. Offline

Boomer

Group manager isn't being overridden
    2015-06-30 08:16:13 [INFO] [Factions] Enabling Factions v1.7.5_dev
    2015-06-30 08:16:13 [INFO] [Factions v1.7.5_dev] === ENABLE START ===
    2015-06-30 08:16:13 [INFO] [Factions v1.7.5_dev] Loading board from disk
    2015-06-30 08:16:13 [INFO] [Factions v1.7.5_dev] Found and will integrate chat with EssentialsChat v2.9.2
    2015-06-30 08:16:13 [INFO] [Factions v1.7.5_dev] Economy integration is disabled, and the plugin "Vault" is not installed.
    2015-06-30 08:16:13 [INFO] [Factions v1.7.5_dev] === ENABLE DONE (Took 212ms) ===

You need to look into Factions and how to deal with the chat/make the chat cooperate with other chat managers.
    Ages ago, Factions had special pages talking about how to setup chat with Essentials chat, etc; One version they made changed everything with chat completely and has been using that system ever since, so I dont know if your version is part of the before or after, but the factions config is best edited with commands as well.
    http://www.massivecraft.com/factions-configure#integration-with-other-plugins chat here is for the current system.

Which i think is coverd by
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/factions/files/38-1-7-5-beta/
    So it depends how "edgy" your build version is. If its not covered by those, then you will need to dust off your googling terms to find something older :)

9. Thankyou very much for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.