Plugin Help Essentials : Console commands do nothing

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by nekomaster, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nekomaster

So I finally set up CraftBukkit and got my server running, and everything was fine, was able to op my self from the server console and then change my gamemode and fly around.

Though I went and added Essentials to my server (put all the jar's except EssentialsProtect in the plugins folder), and now my server won't do anything when I type in commands.

For example, from the server console I'll type in "/help" but nothing happens, but if I type in something random like asdf it will tell me that its an unknown command and tells me to check /help.

I dunno what I did wrong. Perhaps its the permissions? I totally do not understand how permissions are done in Bukkit/Essentials.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

nekomaster

doesnt matter if I add a slash or not, still doesnt process my commands.

4. Online

5. Offline

nekomaster

Heres a copy of my log : http://pastebin.com/zBu7yT3D

You'll notice for the most part it only responded to commands when I put in a / but its response was that it didn't know that command. Normally it doesnt matter if I use a slash or not, it works.

I actually did try to type in /help, /bukkit, /list but those returned "Unknown command. Type "help" for help"

Typing in "help" does nothing, it wasn't even recorded in the log. Only commands that did work where /stop and /plugins

6. Online

Moved to Bukkit alternatives.
    @nekomaster Console commands don't get recorded anyways. And remove the essentials plugins, see if you still can't perform any commands

7. Offline

nekomaster

It works when Essential plugins aren't added or removed. Once Essentials are added then things no longer work

8. Online

Then it is probably Essentials that is causing the issues. Don't have experience with that though so can't help you with that.

9. Offline

nekomaster

I thought Essentials was like the most basic and common plugin for Bukkit that most people used, I mostly want it for the Shop sign part.

Link to plugin : http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/essentials/
    (incase you dont know what I'm talking about)

10. Online

@nekomaster Most people use it, I am not one of them.
    I do know the plugin though, I just never used it.
    @mrCookieSlime also has sign shops

11. Offline

nekomaster

Thats not what I'm really looking for. Essentials Shop signs has more what I want, plus I like the trade feature allowing me to collect on other players purchases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.