Essentials chat help!

Discussion in 'General Help' started by XxCarbotxX, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

XxCarbotxX

I have been using essentials chat for a while, but recently, I reset my server and when I removed the <> from the essentials chat, and reloaded essentials it didnt work, I have downloaded vault, and essentials chat. I really need help!

Essentials Chat Config:

Code:
    # This section requires the EssentialsChat.jar to work.

chat:
      # If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
      # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
      # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
      # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
      # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
      radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
      # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
      # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: [URL]http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting[/URL]

format: '{DISPLAYNAME}&f: {MESSAGE}'
      #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
        #owner: '{DISPLAYNAME}&0: &6{MESSAGE}'
        #coowner: '{DISPLAYNAME}&0: &6{MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.
    I have also tried to redownload essentials and it didnt work!

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@XxCarbotxX
    That happens because you changed the format. If you look at all your formats, none of them have those greater than or less than signs. You need to add them if you want them to appear in chat.

3. Offline

XxCarbotxX

ok, thanks!

I dont know what you mean though :/

greater than and less than signs?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@XxCarbotxX
    Please do not triple post. Instead, edit the post above.

These signs < and > are the less than (the first one) and the greater than (the second) signs. You need to add them to the format in order to see them.

5. Offline

XxCarbotxX

@Zombie_Striker
    srry about the triple posting

and thats what im trying to remove from the chat, the < and the > in the chat get annoying!

6. Offline

FrostDevStudios

It might not be an essentials issue then, what other plugins do you have installed? Do you have a factions plugin installed?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.