Development Assistance Error in plugin.yml

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by EightCraft, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EightCraft

Hello,
    today I decided to start develop my first plugin in Minecraft. I looked for a good tutorial on YouTube and I found this . I wrote perfectly all the code. But when I save the .jar file into my Plugins folder and start the server, on the console appears this message:
    [19:04:41 ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins\EightVirtualAdmin.jar'
    ins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: Invalid plugin.yml

I think that the errors appears because in the tutorial says that the name of the package that contains the main of the plugin must be "me.{minecraftusername}.{pluginname}". I didn't put my minecraft username in there because when I tried to do that, an errors appear in the eclipse page: "Invalid package name. '123ottovolante' is not a valid Java identifier". So I wrote "ottovolante321" and not my real username.

The server is hosted on my localhost:25565 and it is a Spigot 1.8

How can I solve this?

Thank you :D

Link:
    Plugin Main: http://pastebin.com/7Xg04qYJ
    Plugin.yml: http://pastebin.com/HDzwtsrg

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

3. Offline

terturl890

First off... TheBCBroz was making a suggesting xD the package name can be anything. Mine is usually
    "makingplugins.me.{plugin name}". Next thing whats wrong is that your plugin.yml is
    me.ottovolante321.MyPlugin.Plugin the last part, .Plugin, is wrong. Your plugin.yml should be...

Code:
    name: EightVirtualAdmin
    main: me.ottovolante321.MyPlugin.Eight
    author: ottovolante321
    version: 1.0
    description: Mmmhh.. Dat plugin...

commands:
      eight:
         description: Get Info about EightVirtualAdmin

When you make the main: it needs to be {your}.{package}.{name}.[MAIN .JAVA file] (ak.a. me.terturl.com.Main)
    also, you forgot to put author in it :p This should make it work :D

4. Offline

EightCraft

It doesn't work, can you post the code on pastebin?
    Now on the console appear:
    [20:40:05 ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins\EightVirtualAdmin.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: Cannot find main class `me.ottovolante
    321.EightVirtualAdmin.Eight'

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  5. Offline

nverdier

@EightCraft Please please please, find better tutorials. The BCBroz has extremely bad practices, and you should not watch his videos. I would recommend @PogoStick29's videos, and you can also learn Java from him, which is important to learn as Bukkit is simply an implementation of Java.​

6. Offline

terturl890

you should have just copied and paste what I put xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.