Elytra (Back) Slot

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by anselhelm, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

anselhelm

Minecraft version: 1.16.5

Suggested name: Elytra (Back) Slot

What I want: I've been searching for sometime for a suitable plugin to solely add an elytra (back) slot for all players on a server, but so far have not had any success. I'm not after any cost (economy) functionality or anything like that: I simply just want all players to have this slot, like the Curious Elytra mod for Forge or Fabric, so that the elytra functions the same as if it were in the chest slot.

Ideas for commands: No commands are required by me. I wish it to simply be enabled for all players. I guess it could have an option to disable it on a player by player basis, but be on by default, but this would more be something that other players may wish, rather than me.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions are required by me. Others may want to be able to restrict it to certain players or add in economy functions for people to buy it, but I'm just after having a back slot for everyone on the server without the need for mods on their end.

When I'd like it by: There is no arbitrary request timeframe. I'd just be grateful for anyone willing to do this :)

Other relevant comments: I've already contacted the developer of Curious Elytra, who has advised they're not interested in coding this themselves. However, their project is available on Github under an LGPL-3.0 licence.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@anselhelm Bukkit does not has the same amount of power as forge or fabric though.
    So the project you linked it useless, not to forget that this might not even be possible with Bukkit.

3. Offline

anselhelm

Thanks for the reply :) I know that it's possible somehow to create extra, useable slots, at least for Spigot via RPG Inventory, though that unfortunately does a lot more than just add a back slot and is difficult to configure. I've also posted on the Spigot forums in the hope that someone will find a way to make this possible, even if it's not an easy task.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.