Inactive [EDIT] MonsterBox v0.6 - Change any Placed Monster Spawner's Type [1.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tux2, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Tux2

MonsterBox - Change any Placed Monster Spawner's Type:
    Version: v0.6

You can now set spawners by right clicking them with eggs! Also, mob spawners can drop their corresponding egg for later setting!

MonsterBox will change the type of any monster spawner that you are looking at with the command /mbox set <creaturetype>. Some valid creature types are wolf, pigzombie, creeper. Capitalization does not matter. To change the options, just open settings.ini located in the plugins/MonsterBox folder. For economy support please download and install Register
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please Note:
    For all of you having problems getting monsters to spawn: This only "sets" the type of monster spawner and lets minecraft do the spawning. It will not spawn certain types of monsters (like Steves) because the spawn rate and spawn conditions for a monster spawner of that type is not defined in the minecraft code.

To use:
    To set a monster spawner:
    Command Method
    1. Look at monster spawner. (Through glass is just fine)
    2. Type in /mbox set <creaturetype>
    Command-less Method
    1. Hit monster spawner with a gold sword
    2. Select the new mob that you want it to spawn
    Command-less Method (using eggs)

2. Select the new mob that you want it to spawn
    To get which monster a spawner spawns:

Command Method
    1. Look at monster spawner. (Through glass is just fine)
    2. Type in /mbox get
    Command-less Method

2. The current mob is at the top of the selection window.
    Features:
    • Right click a spawner with an egg to change the type commandlessly
    • Spawners can drop an egg corresponding to the type of spawner you broke
    • Spout enabled GUI. Just hit the monster spawner with a gold sword! (configurable)
    • Completely command-less mode of operation with the new Spout gui!
    • Spout is 100% optional on both server and client.
    • Option to assign a price to every monster, not just a group price for setting the type of monster a mob spawner will spawn.
    • Compatible with your existing monster spawner drops from CreatureBox (versions 0.7.7c and below) (Don't run both at once! They will conflict) for an easy transition.
    • Can change the type of monster spawner to any creature that minecraft natively supports.
    • Admins can restrict what mobs a player can set a monster spawner to spawn using permissions.
    • Monster spawners can drop monster spawners (Permissions support. If permissions is not installed it defaults to OPs only)
    • Dropped monster spawners retain their mob type.
    • Scroll over a monster spawner in your quickbar to quickly figure out it's type.
    • Find out which type of monster spawner you are looking at.
    • Restrict users from placing mob spawners using permissions. (if permissions is not installed it defaults to OPs only)
    • Permissions (Both bukkit superperms and the older permissions system) support (if permissions is not installed it defaults to OPs only)
    • iConomy ALL ECONOMY systems supported via the Register plugin
    Permission Nodes:
    • monsterbox.set - the ability to set the type of monster spawner
    • monsterbox.eggset - the ability to set the type of mob spawner using eggs
    • monsterbox.view - be able to use the /mbox get command
    • monsterbox.free - if iConomy is enabled this node lets this group/user use the command for free
    • monsterbox.drops - the ability for the player to recieve a drop from breaking spawners
    • monsterbox.place - the ability to place any spawner
    • monsterbox.spawn.* - The ability for the player to change a monster spawner to any monster type. (The player will need the node monsterbox.set permission as well in order to set the spawner)
    • monsterbox.spawn.[monstertype] - The ability for the player to change a monster spawner to [monstertype]. (The player will need the node monsterbox.set permission as well in order to set the spawner)
    • monsterbox.eggspawn.* - The ability for the player to change a monster spawner to any monster type using eggs. (The player will need the node monsterbox.eggset permission as well in order to set the spawner)
    • monsterbox.eggspawn.[monstertype] - The ability for the player to change a monster spawner to [monstertype] using an egg. (The player will need the node monsterbox.eggset permission as well in order to set the spawner)
    • monsterbox.dropegg.* - The ability for the player to receive an egg drop of any spawner's mob type when breaking the spawner.
    • monsterbox.dropegg.[monstertype] - The ability for the player to receive an egg drop of [monstertype] when breaking those spawners.
    Download MonsterBox v0.6
    Download MonsterBox v0.5
    Download MonsterBox v0.4
    Download MonsterBox v0.3 (bukkit versions 1060 and below)
    Source Code

ToDo:
    • Right click a monster spawner to get what type of mob it spawns (commandless).
    • Noteblock like monster spawners
    List of Mobs that are verified to spawn (others might, I just haven't tested):
    • Ghast
    • PigZombie
    • Wolf
    • Pig
    • Skeleton
    • Creeper
    • Zombie
    • Sheep (at least in 1.7, not sure about 1.6.6)
    • Cow (1.7+)
    • Chicken (1.7+)
    • Cave Spider (1.8+)
    • Enderman (1.8+)
    • Silverfish (1.8+)
    • Giant (1.8+)
    • Ender Dragon (1.0.1)
    • Mushroom Cow (1.0.1)
    • Villager (1.0.1)
    • Blaze (1.0.1)
    Plugin Not working correctly?
    For me to diagnose the issue properly please provide me with the following information:
    Code:
    Description of issue and how to reproduce:
    Version of Craftbukkit:
    Version of java:
    Other plugins installed:
    Output of console (If there are any error messages):
    MonsterBox configuration file:

Changelog:
    Version 0.6
    • Added ability for mob spawners to drop an egg for the corresponding type of mob that they are. (Replaces old mob_spawner types method)
    • Added ability for mob spawners to be set by right clicking with an egg. One time use in survival, unlimited use in creative mode. (also to replace the old way for trading set mob spawners.)
    • Removed the message "You are now holding a pig spawner" whenever you flip over a mob spawner in your inventory
    • Updated event handling.
    Version 0.5
    • Added new mobs
    • Made it so that I don't have to do as much updating every time new mobs are added to Minecraft. Should auto sense the new mobs and allow you to change the mob spawner to them without me having to release a new version.
    • Mob Spawners with mobs not added will drop a pig spawner instead of erroring out now.
    • Tweaked Spout GUI slightly.
    Version 0.4
    • Added an option where you can set each mob to have a different price via the prices.ini file.
    • Changed all internal damage IDs to reflect default bukkit still keeping backward compatibility with spawners still in inventory.
    • Added a new OPTIONAL Spout GUI. (I spent several hours tracking down and resolving any and all bugs that presented themselves when running it without Spout, and I can guarantee that it WILL run without it.)
    • New COMMANDLESS options via SPOUT: Hit the monster spawner with a gold sword (configurable) to open up the gui.
    • Added alternate way to open the GUI via command: /mbox set.
    • When the client and/or server does not have spout installed /mbox set now shows a list of all the possible mob types.
    Version 0.3
    • Added new mob types (cave spiders, enderman, silverfish)
    • Added Bukkit SuperPerms support
    • Now supports all economy plugins via the Register plugin!
    • Added a little fix for bug in craftbukkit build 1240
    • Doing the /mbox command by itself now lists out all the possible mob types you can choose from. (Auto generated from your version of bukkit)
    Version 0.2
    • Added permission nodes for each animal spawn type
    • Monster Spawners can now drop spawners (permissions support)
    • You can now view a monster spawner's current mob either in inventory by selecting it, or on the ground via command.
    • Dropped Monster Spawners retain their mob type.
    • Restrict Monster Spawner placing via permissions.
    Version 0.1
    • First release

ACStache and BlackDeath like this.
  2. Offline

Anthony13

my monster box isnt working, since bc my map was 1.7.3 n went to 1.8.1, my friend destroyed it by accident so then it came out pigs...well...the mbox set monster doesnt do anything...:(
    -
    i 1st got the monster box way before i got bukket n before i made it into a server, i used mcedit little program i think its called when i got it bc couldnt find one at the time
    -
    bc now my monster trap is a piece of trash now since its not spawning monsters from it after changing it from default "PIG"....what am i sopose to do?.....im now using minecraft bukket server 9 beta 5
    ( http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit-1.9/4/ )

3. Offline

Tux2

Unfortunately I have not tested my plugin against the bukkit 1.9 pre build. I'm thinking that there is probably an incompatibility or they haven't implemented what I need yet. I will take a look and see what I can do to get this plugin compatible with the 1.9 pre build.

4. Offline

Anthony13

ok, i decided to go back to 1.8.1 bc i was getting errors n me getting kicked out by placing a minecart on the tracks..but anyway, any ideas y the "/mbox set monster" not working? wanted to fix my monster trap after my friend accidently destroyed it and he put it back while he was in gamemode 1 and came out as pigs.
    before i had my save game goto a server i made just for me n my brother for now before other pple, i had 1.7.3 and used mcedit which had items i wanted to get quickly and i wanted a monster box n it had it so thats where i got it 1st, months later, 1.8.1 came out..later on with minecraft_server, tats when i started to use bukket from a friend mentioning to me, i used the allitems mod and that didnt fix it and neither did the mcedit....im not sure its a glitch in single player or its the version 1.8.1, idk y its no longer working n i have removed ur plugin to c if tat fixed it but nothing came out even thou the monster were on lv1-3/true in the server.
    from there, idk what to do with my monster trap, does setting the box to monster work to u?
    ps,
    may i make a suggestion? can there be a config file to change the default spawn box other than pig?

5. Offline

Tux2

Are you trying to spawn an actual monster or "steve" character? Those are broken in 1.8.1 as far as I know. Please consult the list as to what monsters actually spawn with my plugin at the top of the post.

As far as making suggestions and changing the default spawn box? Sure, I am always open to suggestions. I will see what I can do to make that happen, although that may not be possible without some hacky way of doing it.

6. Offline

Anthony13

at least these ones in one box....
    • Skeleton
    • Creeper
    • Zombie
    • Cave Spider
    those were the ones that i saw were spawning out before my friend destroyed it ;)

lol

7. Offline

Tux2

When you try to set the monster spawner are there any errors in game or in the console?

8. Offline

Anthony13

no, tats not what im saying, is there a way to make one monster box to spawn those creatures

9. Offline

Marcin

When im holding monser spawner it say's "You are holding pig spawner" how to set this spawner on zombie ?

10. Offline

Tux2

You have to set it down, look at it and type: /mbox set zombie

I should add an option for changing the type inside your hand though. Great Idea.

11. Offline

Marcin

Okay but can i set monster with im holding ? Or i have to place it and then set it on zombie ?

12. Offline

Tux2

You have to place it at the moment.

13. Offline

Marcin

Okay.

14. Offline

ben25x

Excuse me, how long after 1.9 officially releases will you make this accommodate the 1.9 mobs?

15. Offline

Tux2

Probably at most a day or two after a Bukkit recommended build comes out for 1.9.

16. Offline

ben25x

when does that come out? (date)

i know, im a big noob, but try to compensate. =]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  17. Offline

Tux2

It should be out in a couple of days. Although when it comes out it will be a big Minecraft 1.0 instead of beta.

18. Offline

MRI

Can you add a option for reset(pig) the type of monster spawner when broken ?

19. Offline

Tux2

I tried and failed, bug bukkit about fixing that bug. :( @ben25x On another note, the new version of MonsterBox is out for minecraft 1.0.1! I also just HAD to try out an Ender Dragon spawner in the regular world... It spawned two of them before one of them wiped out the spawner itself. Total world destruction: yup!

20. Offline

Holyasgard

How i can Create a Spawner to my Inventar or Hand ?

21. Offline

Tux2

/give playername mob_spawner

22. This dose NOT seem to work for me with the GOLD SWORD method :)

23. Offline

Tux2

Do you have Spout on your server, are you using the SpoutCraft client, and what version of craftbukkit are you using, and what are your other plugins. Do you have any error output in the console as well? Make sure you have the proper permissions. The list goes on. Please fill out a proper report as detailed in the first post!

24. Offline

mirGantrophy

Description of issue and how to reproduce: Certain mobs don't spawn. Just set the box to enderdragon, snowmen, endermen, silverfish, creepers, most mobs.. Version of Craftbukkit: 1.0.1-R1 Version of java: JRE 6 Update 30 32 and 64 bit OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Other plugins installed: PermissionsEx, xCraftGate Output of console (If there are any error messages): None. MonsterBox configuration file:
    #This config file contains all the separate prices for all the mobs
    # if the option separateprices is true

Chicken = 0.0
    Cow = 0.0
    Creeper = 0.0
    Ghast = 0.0
    Giant = 0.0
    Monster = 0.0
    Pig = 0.0
    PigZombie = 0.0
    Sheep = 0.0
    Skeleton = 0.0
    Slime = 0.0
    Spider = 0.0
    Squid = 0.0
    Zombie = 0.0
    Wolf = 0.0
    CaveSpider = 0.0
    Enderman = 0.0
    Silverfish = 0.0
    EnderDragon = 0.0
    Villager = 0.0
    Blaze = 0.0
    MushroomCow = 0.0
    MagmaCube = 0.0
    Snowman = 0.0

#This is the main MonsterBos config file
    #
    # useiConomy: Charge to change monster spawner type using your economy system
    useEconomy = false
    # price: The price to change monster spawner type
    price = 0.0

# separateprices: If you want separate prices for all the different types of mobs
    # set this to true.
    separateprices = false
    # changetool is the tool that opens up the spout gui for changing the monster spawner.
    changetool = 283
    # buttonwidth changes the width of the buttons in the spoutcraft gui, just in case the
    # text doesn't fit for you.
    buttonwidth = 100

#Do not change anything below this line unless you know what you are doing!
    version = 0.4

25. Offline

skellerkrunch

10:18:47 [???] [MonsterBox] Configuration file not found
    10:18:47 [???] [MonsterBox] + creating folder plugins/MonsterBox
    10:18:47 [???] [MonsterBox] - creating file settings.ini
    10:18:47 [???] [MonsterBox] Price file not found
    10:18:47 [???] [MonsterBox] - creating file prices.ini

Are you sure the conditions are right? like the lightlevels?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  26. Offline

Tux2

@mirGantrophy are you sure that you have the right conditions for those monsters to spawn. When you do: "/mbox get" does it show the correct monster type? Also, if your map is set not to spawn monsters they won't spawn.

27. Plugin list:
    AutoSave
    ChestShop
    Essentials
    EssentialsGeoIP
    Factions
    FoundBoxx
    HeroicDeath
    iConomy
    iOP
    Lockette
    mcMMO
    Minebackup
    MonsterBox
    Ptweaks
    Safe creeper
    ScheduledAnnouncer
    SpamGuard
    Votifier
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

All of the newest version
    -
    NO ERRORS !

28. Offline

Tux2

You don't have Spout on your server, therefore the gold sword will never work. You also need to be using the Spoutcraft client as well, as detailed in my opening post.

29. Offline

Remi_Scarlet

Any way to set the "drop" to be whatever the original spawner was? Eg, if I break a skeleton spawner, it remains a skeleton spawner. I don't want my users changing the spawners, but if they find one, I think they should be allowed to relocate it.

30. Offline

Tux2

The current version of minecraft broke what I was using. I will see about using another method though that will still be compatible with CreatureBox spawners.

31. Offline

Remi_Scarlet

Ah. Thanks for the reply. Will be looking forward to a possible update!