[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

Zidane3838

So, I have a world in my server that I created and used a different portal plugin for to get to.
    It had never started up when the server started and I would have to go through the portal for it to 'start'
    How do I get it to auto start with multiverse?
    I tried adding it to the worlds file but it made everything not work.

3. Offline

Ramzi1001

Hey How come when people join my server like defaults arnt allowed to go through the portal but staff is please help :{

How the hell do i give the default permission to go throught the portal

Hey How come when people join my server like defaults arnt allowed to go through the portal but staff is please help :{

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  4. Offline

Shadowself22

..it's in the wiki permission..
    Tells you that you need to give permissions to players to use portals
    you than can set up if the traveling between portals cost money ect ect..

Now onto a real question. I got a main world spawn set up. So when you spawn there first time or you type /spawn or when you die you return to that area. (it'spawn big shocker)

Anyways my question was is there a way to set it up so when you die you spawn in a different location. I got an idea of using nether as hell but I have no idea how to get around the main spawn to set it so when you die you spawn there. I looked into the wiki but didn't find anything. Anyone got any suggestions/tips or even a solution :D?

5. Offline

ohjays

6. Offline

XxDawnsusxX

So if you have pvp off in your main world and you make a new world is there an option for pvp for that world

7. Offline

Reaperjk

Hey I put this on my server and I worked great now my server is down and when I remove it the server works fine but when I put it back on the server stops working Do you know why?

8. Offline

Lyhome

I'm constantly forced to disconnect and reconnect after going through a portal because I am unable to build or do anything in the world until I do.

9. Offline

ShadowOfAGamer

I know this plugin makes more than one world, I just need help with the portals. Which one do I download? What do they mean? Please, please help me!:(
    Do I download the NetherPortals or just the Portals, or the Core?

10. Offline

kmorevil666

i have 2 worlds 1 creative and 1 survival. when someone goes to the creative world and takes items and then goes back to the survival world he keeps those items! i dont want this!! plzzzz help!!!

11. Offline

Trialtrex21

Hello. I am having a permissions problem. I do not want to use permissions on my server, but when I set 'enforceaccess' to false, it still uses permissions anyway.

12. Offline

XxDawnsusxX

how do you make it so if i made a creative world people cant take the items from that world and use it in a normal survival world?

13. You need to use a world inventory plugin. The multiverse page on dev bukkit has a link to one the same team made called multiverse inventories (it's under the Inventories link)

14. Offline

XxDawnsusxX

15. Offline

Baba43

Can anyone tell me why I can't create another world without nether or end?

If I create a new world its auto-generating both.. after that I cannot delete them.

16. Offline

SleepUpsideDown

Could anybody tell me what build I should use for a 1.2.5 server? The Multiverse-Core downloads jump from 1.1 to 1.3.1 and the 1.1 build isn't working.

17. Offline

marin1805

Is there any chance to get update to 1.4.5 soon?

18. Offline

LeeTheENTP

I'm looking into using this plugin to create a spearate, whitleisted world for friends on my server. If this feature isn't implemented, could you please add it? Also, PermissionsEx has ChatManager, which I use for my chat prefixes and stuff. If you do end up adding chat support, compatibility with ChatManager would be nice, although I could live without it.

19. Offline

404Ninja

No bugs yet!

20. Offline

the_darkone105

I have a problem: I had to whitelist my server coz of it...: The problem is In the World you start with WITHOUT mv You dont yhave everycommand unless admin But if you changeworld You are op... I dont kno how to fix and other problem is [Group]Playername[Text] The [group] Like [Owner] DOES not show how do i fix this?? thanks

21. Offline

Togakure321

hey im wondering if this can forward factions? like a faction that appears in the main world once they teleport they remain in that faction and can hear them talk and such

22. Offline

matthew_cowley

Is There A Way To Password Protect Portals??

Thanks, Matt!! :)

23. Offline

GoGoZombie

Hello~ I'm wondering if there's a way to disallow the nether/the end in only certain worlds. As I see it, when a nether portal is first made a nether is made for(or linked to) that world, regardless of what type it is. I'd like to disallow that from happening in creative worlds. Is this possible? x: Thank you.

24. Offline

LeeTheENTP

I second these motions. In fact, I third, fourth, and fifth these motions :p, especially the enable/disable cross-world chat one.

25. Offline

Yoshifan95

I have a problem. I have a world from single player that i made a while ago, and i want to import it to the Multiverse on my server. This works, but it only makes a new world with the same seed - i want the structures and buildings that i made too. Is this possible besides making the default "world" folder the save? (because i have multiple ones i want to import)

26. Offline

nadean25

Please help I have a few problems. How do you set up a creative world and have the other on survival using this, can you even do that with this plugin? And When I load up a world i made on minecraft singer player on the server it comes out completely different, how do I fix this?

27. Offline

Tacobeam87

Im am possitive this has been asked time and time again, but i cannot find it.

I made my server with world A, I used multiverse to create worlds b c and d. when i die in any world, i respawn at world A. Is there a way to change this?

im running Bukkit 2013-01-18 22:06:53 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.4.6-R0.3-5-g82c58b5-b2590jnks (MC: 1.4.6) (Implementing API version 1.4.6-R0.4-SNAPSHOT)

with the most recent multiverse.
    A list of other plugins im running are -
    Bloodmoon
    Chatmanager
    ChestShop
    Essentials
    Iconomy
    LWC
    MobBountyReloaded
    ModifyWorld
    Multiverse-core
    " " -inventories
    NoCheatPlus
    PEX
    PluginMetrics
    SkylandsPlus
    Transporter
    WeatjerRestrictions
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

In the MV settings i set each WorldRespawn - (Worldname)
    and change bed respawning to false.

In essentials i changed spawn priority to Low

Is it possible or is there more i can do

28. Offline

Omga1426

I'm trying to set up another world with sethblings super craft bros map but I need the spawns to be seperate and the factions to not affect wether they can kill each other or not. Is this possible or do I need to make a seperate server for it.

29. Offline

hairymexican69

none of my players can build in other worlds, how can i fix this issue?

30. Offline

ghost0001

31. Offline

hairymexican69

How do you set the world inheritance?