[EDIT/MISC/TP/FUN] Multiverse 2.3- World Management [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Multiverse, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Multiverse

This plugin is still VERY alive.
    If you guys haven't heard yet, we're now going to be doing the help on DBO (dev.bukkit.org) Our pages are here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Feature Requests go in the appropriate Github Issues section. See below.
    Post Bug Reports In the thread
    or join IRC at #multiverse on EsperNet

Multiverse 2 - World Creation/Management/Teleportation & More​
    Current Version: 2.2-AB

Description
    Multiverse 2 is a ground up rewrite of the popular Multiverse plugin for CraftBukkit. There are many new features, the biggest one being the much better usability and cleaner code! MV2 has been in the works for over 2 months and given the size of it, the developers are confident that you'll find a small bug or two. Please come into our IRC channel and discuss politely with us and we'll get it resolved quick-fastly!

Looking for the old version that runs on CraftBukkit 1000? We don't have it anymore :( Here's an archive of the old help post. If you're a new user, we REALLY recommend using Multiverse 2..

The Multiverse Team:
    Developers:
    @Rigby90 - The Multiverse God. 'nuff said
    @fernferret - Coding Person. Don't ask him about P2/P3 or Error 199.
    @lithium3141 - Utility coder or crazy math dude. You decide.
    @main-- - Is this his forum account? Localization person and MV-Adventure dev!

Documenters:
    @Elizacat
    @AkiTensai
    @Xanipher

Testers (official I know a bunch of you have helped, thanks!):
    @jonDatz
    @jfulleton

Want to Try before you buy(er, download for free)?
    Check out the official Multiverse 2 test server: beta.zomgameservers.com

Some of the MV2 Features:
    • Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
    • Create portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
    • PermissionsBukkit support (Anything that implements the superperms api (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms...)
    • iConomy, BOSEconomy, RealEcon, Essentials Econ and Item economy support!
    • Show which users are in what worlds
    • Create portals to let users go between worlds
    • Control who can enter worlds/portals with permissions!
    • World scaling with NetherPortals
    • Allow minecarts/boats through portals
    • Launch users through the air when they enter a portal!
    • Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
    • And the list goes on...
    Requirements

This plugin requires CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1+

The Dev versions Require CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1

Need help? Check out our AWESOME Wikis!
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Downloads:
    Core Downloads
    (Stable Builds | Dev Builds)

Portals Downloads

NetherPortals Downloads

SignPortals Downloads

Why multiple Downloads?
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Plugins-of-Multiverse-2

Want to use bleeding edge?
    Grab live builds from ci.onarandombox.com

FAQ: (Frequently Asked Questions)

How do I make portals:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Portals/wiki/Basic-portal-tutorial

How do I separate world inventories?:
    Use the plugin named MultiInv

People can't log into my 1060 Bukkit Server!:
    Are you using spout? If so, you need to upgrade it to a dev version or disable it until those guys release a 1060 compatible version.

How do I know if I'm running CB XXXX or higher?:
    Type /version. The number here is your CB version:
    This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    Please check that this version is the same as one of those in the title of the post.

More Up-To-Date FAQ:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ

Commands, Syntax & Permissions:
    Core Wiki
    Portals Wiki
    NetherPortals Wiki
    SignPortals Wiki

Known Issues:
    Core Issues
    Portals Issues
    NetherPortals Issues
    SignPortals Issues

Changelog:

Changelogs present on each file on DBO.

Version 2.0
    • Release the Multiverse 2 Suite
    1.X changelog (For posterity)

Show Spoiler

Version 1.7.2
    • Now allow you to mvmodify worlds with _s
    Version 1.7.1

• Added ability to do seeded world creation via: /mvcreate WORLD ENV SEED
    • Now allow you to import/create worlds with _s
    • Automatically import your DEFAULTWORLD_nether world
    • Add the /mvenvironments command to help you determine what valid environments are!
    • Other nifty bugfixes
    Version 1.7

• Skylands is now supported as an Environment/Biome Type
    • The plugin should now support any custom Environment/Biomes which are added to CraftBukkit in the future without an update from Multiverse.
    • Fixed the 'Kick on Teleport' issue.
    Version 1.6.4

• Fixed 0 Price Portals
    • Fixed a bug with new Portals
    • Updated for iConomy 5 (You will need to update to iCo 5)
    • Improved the PVP Setup
      • Now you no longer have to set the server.properties PVP variable to true... this is now completely done via the worlds config and properly stops PVP rather than preventing the damage from being applied.
    Version 1.6.3

• Update for Minecraft 1.5 and CraftBukkit build 733
    Version 1.6.2

• Contains updates/features which were introduced in 1.5
    Version 1.6 - Thanks to 'fernferret'

• Updated for CB Builds 600+
    Version 1.5 - Permissions 2.1+ - (V1.5 - 02/03/2011)[/U]

• Fixed whitelist/blacklisting once and for all :), thanks to @ledhead900
    • Add permission node 'multiverse.portal.exempt' -- Basically means they don't have to pay the cost of the portal... this is useful for Donors and such.
    • Updated to use iConomy 4.1 -- Would be great if I can get feedback on this... as usual I can only test solo.
    Version 1.4 - Permissions 2.0 & 2.1 - (V1.4 - 26/02/2011 - 01:11 AM GMT)

• Should be easier on high pop servers now
      • Only checks if a player is within a Portal everytime he changes BLOCK Coordinate instead of every single pixel footstep he/she takes.
    • Now Supports Permissions 2.1 -- Both 2.1 and 2.0 support have seperate JARs, so get the right one.
      • Also commands are properly disabled when a Permissions plugin is not found and it will alert the player trying to use the Command.
    Version 1.3 - Permissions 2.0 - (V1.3 - 24/02/2011 - 02:31 AM GMT)

• Removed the 'Stupidly Long Constructor'
    • Fixed an error which was loading portals that were on a non existent world which caused errors later on.
    Version 1.2.2 - (V1.2.2 - 23/02/2011 - 03:05 AM GMT)

• Nothing much just updated so it works with Minecraft Beta 1.3, I suggest you don't use a lower Multiverse build than v1.2.2 otherwise it won't work and errors will occur.
    Version 1.2.1 - (V1.2.1 - 20/02/2011 - 23:35 PM GMT)

• Changed over to the new Entity Damage...

[​IMG]

TGF, maino, aTxT and 58 others like this.
  2. Offline

atomiX_X

I've seen other people have this problem but haven't seen a solution to it:

I have various worlds linked through portals. Some are survival and some creative. If I switch from one mode to the other, my gamemode does not reflect the change. If I go from a survival world to creative, I remain in survival mode (no block selection or quick-destroy). The opposite is also true. Since I'm admin/op, I can manually change this with /gamemode but I want to make it as seamless as possible. I could have sworn this was working as expected when I tested this a month or so ago. Is this the intended behavior for admins? A buddy of mine says it is switching automatically for him.

Using Bukkit 1.0.1-R1 and newest dev builds of MV-Core and MV-Portals (I don't use NetherPortals).

Thanks for any help

BTW, awesome plugin, love it

3. Not really with Multiverse. We try and provide a base function that is useful to most of our users. Specialized functions should be handled by specialized plugins. I think HomeSpawnPlus has said functionality and it's made by another cool dev by the name of @morganm

--FF

Update your Multiverse Version.* In the version you have, OPs always bypass the gamemode check. This is fixed in the latest builds:

Core Build #448, Portals Build #457, NetherPortals Build #453, SignPortals Build #453, Adventure Build #448

Said new feature is covered in the wiki's FAQ section.

--FF

PS: For future reference, if you simply state what builds you're using, I can't come back and say "update plz"

You're going to have to give us some more info. Here's a page on how to write a successful bug report.

--FF

Currency of -1 means "use a currency plugin". I'd prefer to continue this report on our github site. Read this on how to post an issue. Then post one here!

Thanks!
    --FF

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  4. Offline

atomiX_X

Thanks I will try this right now. I had build 447 that I updated to not very long ago (448 wasn't available yet). I saw this change in the changelog but I must have mistaken it for 447 instead of 448. I'll try this out right now. Thanks.

Is it possible changelog for 448 was posted but the artifact was not available yet? Talk about timing...

5. As for the status of 2.2:

The dev builds, as I've said before are quite stable. Please try them out (at least on your test server) and continue posting issues.

We're getting close...

--FF

Nope, those build numbers were retrieved from our IRC bot who gets them from Jenkins :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

atomiX_X

Ok well I've tried this again but it's a no-go. Core build 448 and Portals build 457. I'll keep messing with permissions to see if I can find something but not tonight since I need some sleep. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I'm willing to do some testing.

TY

7. Try de-opping yourself. if that works (and it should) then it's a permission issue. Make sure you do NOT have mv.bypass.gamemode.* or any of its children.

--FF

8. Offline

silentdojo

@atomiX_X Along with what fernferret said you may have to give yourself the negate node for mv.bypass.gamemode.*
    Example:
    Code:
    -mv.bypass.gamemode.*
    Especially if your permissions group for the ops also gives the * node.

This is how I get my admins/ops to stop bypassing the gamemode settings.

@fernferret Been running the latest devs for the past few days. Everything seems pretty good so far.

9. Offline

atomiX_X

just deop-ing myself wasn't enough (I had given myself all permissions, including '*') but by also blocking mv.bypass.gamemode.* to my admin/mod groups, I got it working as expected. Thanks fernferret and silentdojo/silentbob :p for your help.

10. Glad to hear you got it working, but this is a prime example of why not to give yourself the * permission (and why it's not natively supported in superperms). This is why we provide the top level perms (such as multiverse.*) I know it's much easier, but reading the docs for each plugin will result in less frustration over a simple configuration param :)

--FF

11. Offline

atomiX_X

I agree with you there. I do have proper individual permissions set up for most of my plugins but I was going for a quick setup at the time and got lazy. This is actually the first issue I've had since setting up my server a couple months ago. In reality, I do want ALL permissions in most situations but I suppose this is a special case :oops:. I will eventually take the time to finish it up correctly.

12. Offline

duck2016

How do you change the Gamemode to creative on a world

13. Offline

foggy34

hey,
    is there a way to make it so that whenever someone uses the portal, instead of going to the specified world.
    it creates a copy of the world and transports them there. then when everyone leaves the world, the world deletes its self?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    p.s. i dont have any java experience

14. Offline

Gurkengelee

Hi everybody!

I got a strange problem. I started using this nice plugin yesterday, created a new world and made two portals linked at each other. Then I gave the multiverse.access.* permission to my users. But it won´t work. Then I disabled the enforceaccess in the config file. Won´t work my users cannot use the portals. Then I gave them multiverse.* and it it worked. But I feel a bit uncomfortable with having normal users access to all multiverse commands. Any ideas why I got that problem?

Edit: Using PEX

15. Offline

prizna

Can someone please help me with importing a SP world that already has a nether in it. fernferret said to import both single player worlds and to use Multiverse-NetherPortals to link them. I have Multivers-NetherPortals and understand how to link worlds with them.

The thing I am having trouble with is how do I import the Normal world and Nether worls separately if they are in 1 world folder. For example I have a SP world folder (called "world") that has a nether in it, if I want to import both the Normal world and the Nether world into my SMP server how do I do this.

I have tried /mv import world normal which works fine and adds the normal world but, if I do /mv import world_nether nether (which a few people have suggested) it tells me that there is no folder called world_nether.

thanks,

16. Offline

silentdojo

I can simply tell you the answer or teach you how to find it yourself. Like teaching someone to fish is more rewarding than giving them 1. If you scroll to the top of this page you'll find a few helpful wiki pages. Examine the permissions pages especially. You may even be surprised if your question is answered in the Frequently asked Questions wiki page. :p

I would run bukkit with no plugins and point server.properties to the name of the sp world folder. Run it once like that and it should do everything you need. You'll end up with 3 worlds (end, nether, and main).

I'm not sure if MultiVerse does anything with this. So I'd do that just to be safe.

17. Offline

prizna

But apparently I should be able to do this with /mv import I have heard that it can be done easily I just dont know hoe to do it.

18. Offline

nicolaieno

i can't have worldeditcui because it will not work

19. Offline

Gurkengelee

Thanks for the answer! Only problem is, that github seems to be down. So I cannot look up the wiki or the FAQ. Maybe you give me another hint? :)

20. Hello. I'm using MultiVerse-Core & -Portals. I'm having an issue where when a user/admin/even OP uses a command or portal to switch from any world to the "Survival" world we have running they immediately die...
    Any ideas why?

21. Offline

addaam

Hey, I'm having an issue with nether portals on my server. I really don't want to use permissions because its mainly a server among friends with not alot of mods, but whenever a non-op tries to enter a portal, it says they dont have permission. Tried with mvnp and mv alone, it just doesnt want to work right. Any suggestions?

22. A week ago I changed from CommandBook to AdminCMD.
    So far I am very happy with the new plugin, but there is one very impossible thing and I thout it is because of multivere, but I don't know it!

With commandbook it was possible, that when a group hast the "commandbook.teleport"; permission he could teleport to other players using /tp PLAYER. And when the person has a "-commandbook.teleport"; in a special world, for example the world nether, the player couldn't teleport to a player who was in the nether.

So my question: Is it possible to prevent a player/group from teleporting to users in a special world?
    Example: there are three worlds: world, nether, heaven
    in world and heaven the player "gamer" has the ability to teleport to other players.
    So when the player "gamer" is in one of these two worlds and a secound player named "hardcoreGamer" is also in one of these worlds, "gamer" cvan teleport himself to "hardcoreGamer".

But when "hardcoreGamer" is in "nether", "gamer" can NOT teleport to him.
    He can't teleport to him, whatever world he is in!!!

in 1.8.1 it was possible with commandbook and multiverse, now i have multiverse and admincmd.
    The Permissionssystem is the same. And the developer from adminCMD (i already asked them) said, that I should ask here for help!

greetings,
    Chriss

an other question:
    Is it possible to change the respawn, that when a player dies he will respawn in a special world?
    (example: there are tho worlds, world and world_nether.
    When a player dies in one of these worlds, he will always respawn in "world".
    Also, when he dies in world_nether!)

greetings
    Chriss

23. Offline

ghost0001

Hello,
    I do have a problem, and after trying to research it in your wiki, i cannot seem to find an answer. I run a server with three worlds. Multiverse-Core handles two. I use essentials with group manager. Currently using the bukkit build 1597.

My problem is with world access control off, any player can go to either world. With it on, I gave one of my groups multiverse.access.WORLDNAME and it didnt work. then i gave them multiverse.access.* and still no luck. the user ends up with "you dont have permission to go there"

what i am trying to do is keep a demoted group out of a world while the promoted can access it.

24. Offline

davvem

Get superspawn :p EPIC spawning plugins, has everything you want, I use it and it pwns xD Nah, but it's really good and it has cooldown, prevents spawning on roofs and you can edit so you respawn there on death, everytime =) It has a lot more too, I belive.

25. Offline

j0k3rs

Ok i need help with! Ive searched everywhere for the solution. I cant seem to get my creative world to be creative. It will never switch my gamemode when i go from my survival to creative world using portals. I cant get this problem fixed! Any help would be awesome!

26. Offline

ghost0001

check the gamemode option in the worlds.yml for the multiverse-core folder.

27. Offline

j0k3rs

@ghost0001 I already checked that it says "gamemode: CREATIVE"

28. Offline

ghost0001

ok, well, i too am experiencing a problem. have you tried a bleeding edge release? maybe that will fix it. I however, do not want to try a bleeding edge, i'll just be waiting for a AB. However, do you know the answer to my problem?

29. Offline

nesskid5454

Hello everyone, I'm trying to run a server for me and a few friends. When using multiverse we have a survival and a creative world. Does anyone know how/if it is possible to clear inventory on world change? The reason is because we don't want players to stack their inventories full of diamond in creative mode and then be able to use these materials in survival. Defeats the purpose of survival, but we still want people to be able to choose to go creative for fun sometimes. Thanks for any help that you can give me!

30. You need the plugin multiinv http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiinv/