Inactive [EDIT/MECH] Fast Mining 3.3 - Mine faster with 8+ blocks a seccond (with item drops) [1.2.5-R3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tim Visee, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Visee

Fast Mining 3.3 - Mine faster than creative with 8 blocks a seccond!
    Version: v3.3

With Fast Mining you can mine faster, like 8 blocks a seccond. You can mine obsidian an dirt with the same fast speed. You can use all the diferent tools, also your hands an other things to mine (This has nothing to do with you're mining speed). You're only mining fast when the user have the plugin enabled with the user command /fastminin or /fm. The plugin supports multi world permissions, so you can enable Fast Mining only for the admins or something. You must know that the plugin has protected zones support from WorldGuard, you cant mine in a protected region! Fast Mining has also an option to drop items or not. When you mine TNT it don't blow up (for safety if you hit TNT).
    Note: When you haven't permissions on your server, the plugin is avaible for all the OP's

Video

This video has been made by SeaborgiumMC. Big thanks to him!

Features:
    • Mine faster than creative with more than 8 blocks a seccond
    • Every user can enable and disable the plugin with the user command /fm or /fastmining
    • Destroyed blocks drop items
    • Multi World permission support
    • Protected region support (World Guard), players can't mine in protected regions
    • Players can say if a destroyed block must drop an item with the command /fm drop
    • Admin commands to enable/disable Fast Mining by another player
    • Auto Enable (fast mining) on player join if you want, insite config.yml
    • When a player left the game, Fast mining get it's original state (Auto enable state) so probably the player must enable Fast Mining again if he join the game again or if it's auto enabled its auto enabled on every player join
    • Drop items or not (destroyed blocks drop items or not)
    • TNT drop function (drop tnt block or not)
    • Change if players can mine through bedrock
    • Costum chat messages
    Player Commands
    Enable or disable Fast Mining; /fm or /fastmining
    Enable or disable item drops; /fm drop or /fastmining drop
    View info; /fm info or /fastmining info
    View current running verion number; /fm verion or /fastmining version

Admin Commands (fastmining.player)
    Enable or disable Fast Mining for a player; /fm player <player>
    Enable or disable item drops for a player; /fm player <player> drop
    View info from a player; /fm player <player> info

Download
    With the following links underneath you could download the Fast Mining plugin.
    Download Fast Mining 3.3 (hosted on dropbox.com)
    Download Fast Mining 3.3 (hosted on mediafire.com)

Installation:
    1. Download the plugin
    2. Add the FastMining.jar file and the folder 'Fast Mining' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server. Also add the Fast Mining/config.yml file to the folder plugins/Fast Mining/config.yml
    3. Add the permissions if you have; (Look at the permissions paragraph underneeth)
    4. Start your game and use fastmining!

Permissions:
    Allow users to use Fast Mining; fastmining.fastmining
    Allow users to enable or disable the item drops; fastmining.drop
    Allow users to use the 'info' command to check if Fast Mining is enabled; fastmining.info
    Allow all the three things above; fastmining
    Allow admin commands (not included in fastmining); fastmining.player

Changelog (open)

Changelog:
    Version 3.3 (7-3-2012)
    • Added the new bukkit event system
    • Added support for minecraft 1.2.3
    • Improved the item-drop system A LOT, now blocks will drop the right drop. When a new minecraft block is added it will still drop the right item for that block without updating the plugin.
    • Added color support for costum messages
    • Costum messages changed and fixed
    • All known bugs are fixed! :D
    Version 3.2
    • Admin commands, admins can enable/disable Fast Mining and the Fast Mining drops for a player, even if he has no permission, the admins can also view the info of a player. :)
    • ALL the item drops are fixed right now :)
    • Mirrored costum messages enable and disable message fixed
    • Some chat messages changed
    • Bug fixed
    Version 3.1
    • Added protected region support (World Guard), players can not longer mine in protected regions :)
    • Two new chat commands added, with /fm info the user can see if he enabled fast mining or fast mining drops and with /fm verion the user can see what version Fast Mining currently on that server is.
    Version 3.0.1
    • Important permission bug fixed, Fast Mining is not always more avable for Ops, only if you have no permission system
    Version 3.0
    • Added multi world permissions support
    • Auto enable (Fast Mining) function for players who join the server
    • When a player left the game, Fast mining get it's original state (Auto enable state) so probably the player must enable Fast Mining again if he join the game again
    • Change if blocks must drop items when they destroyed or not
    • Players can say if a destroyed block must drop an item with the command /fm drop
    • Change if TNT drop an TNT item or not
    • Change if the players can mine trouth bedrock
    • Sapplings drop the right sappling
    • Gravel drops now 10% flint
    • A bed drops the right item
    • Pistons didn't drop only the 'top' of the piston any more
    • Wool will drop the right color :D
    • Slabs will drop the right slab (stone, wood, cobelstone...) :D
    • Tall grass will not drop an item anymore
    • Diamond ore will drop no more diamond ore but 1 diamond
    • Redstone drops the right redstone item
    • Redstone torches (off state) will drop the normal (on state) redstone torches
    • Snow will no more drop dirt
    • Signs will drop the right item
    • Ice error message fixed
    • Redstone repeaters will drop the right item
    Version 2.2

• Important bug fixed
    Version 2.1
    • Costum chat messages
    • TNT drop option
    • Bug fixed
    Version 2.0
    • Destroyed blocks drop items!
    • Shorter command /fm
    • Costum messages (not working, bug)
    • Permissions bug fixed
    • Some other bugs fixed
    Version 1.2
    • Permission support added
    Version 1.1
    • Added the enable and disable command /fastmining

Suggestions, Ideas and bugs
    If you have a suggestion or an idea, please tell me and maybe I will add it to the plugin!
    If you found any bug please tell me I will fix it as fast as I can.

Donate
    Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins, I really like it if you give a donation!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Lunthus and kahlilnc like this.
  2. Offline

Tim Visee

Doesn't it work anymore then? Yes I'll update it but yes I'm busy. I also have to update other plugins. Sorry but I'm not sure when it's going to be updated.
    But yes what's the problem then?

3. Offline

Jack_4775

I cant give my Vips the permissions for this plugin. it just works with ops. Im using Permissionsex.

4. Offline

Jack_4775

So is this inactive or can we wait for an update ?? If it is inactive please mark this as inactive and if you want please post the source code so we can make it compatible....

5. Offline

Royalgamer06

This is active...

6. Offline

Tim Visee

Srry I don't fully understand what You're trying to tell me

The plugin isn't active. I just didn't get any mail that you posted this comment, sorry. Yes you could wait for an update, but what do you really want it for, it should work in 1.2.5
    There will be future updates of course, but I'm fully rewriting one of my plugins right now, did 2 other huge ones before it. I have to finish them first before I could release a new version of Fast Mining, but since it is working right now I'm not in a hury.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    Royalgamer06 likes this.
  7. Offline

Jack_4775

Ok thanks for updating but still, just ops got the permissions :/ I do understand you dont have much time but please if you have time try to fix it :) Dont Hurry :D

8. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok, but just a quick question. What permissions system are you using?

9. Offline

Jack_4775

I'm using Permissionsex.

10. Offline

Tim Visee

Hmm, strange, I'm using that permissions system too on my server. Is it the newest version of PEx?

11. Offline

Jack_4775

Yes it is (1.19.2) Even the Admins dont have the permissions to use that :( Maybe on your server FM takes the permissions from another permissions plugin like wepif...

12. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok strange. I do think I have to update the plugin then, to update the Permission system.

13. Offline

Selrach

Is the bedrock issue going to get fixed at all? I've found people have been making things out of bedrock on my server since the issue was discovered..

14. Offline

Tim Visee

Yes, I already had a fix for it, I'm sure. But then I don't understand why I couldn't find it. The problem is that I have to finish one of my other plugins first, before I could update Fast Mining again. I'll take a look, if I could find the patch I already made.

15. Offline

SeaborgiumMC

If it's alright with you, I made a plugin showcase because I really liked this plugin. Please embed it on the first page so people can get a brief explanation of fast mining :)

Thanks! And you do not have to embed it, however, I would appreciate it.

1Eni1 and Tim Visee like this.
  16. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks for the great video! I'll embed it right now :)

17. Offline

lycsailor17

How to I set up permissions, I am a noob please help!

18. Offline

Royalgamer06

There are lots of tutorials out there, why do you ask it here?

19. Offline

Tim Visee

If you want to use permissions watch some tutorials as Royalgamer06 said. I suggest to use the permissions system PermissionsEx. The best idea is to take a look at the pages of PermissionsEx for tutorials and help how to set it up.

Royalgamer06 likes this.
  20. Offline

1Eni1

Any good news about PEX and FM? Do you want us to donate you?)

21. Offline

Tim Visee

I have to update he plugin to make it Pex compattable again. I'm going to update it as soon as possible, after I'm finsihed rewriting World Portal

Maybe I could release a patch earlier, I'll give it a try.
    About a donation, that would be very cool!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    1Eni1 likes this.
  22. Offline

8rrico

I have a problem: FastMining breaks blocks in faction territory. This is bad, as I run a faction server. I need this fixed, as my worldedit superpick (//) breaks blocks in spawn and claimed land. Please release a patch or help!

23. Offline

Tim Visee

You are right, Fast Mining doesn't have faction protection. Anyway, the plugin is going to be updated soon, this will be a new feature.