Inactive [EDIT/MECH] Fast Mining 3.3 - Mine faster with 8+ blocks a seccond (with item drops) [1.2.5-R3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tim Visee, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Visee

Fast Mining 3.3 - Mine faster than creative with 8 blocks a seccond!
    Version: v3.3

With Fast Mining you can mine faster, like 8 blocks a seccond. You can mine obsidian an dirt with the same fast speed. You can use all the diferent tools, also your hands an other things to mine (This has nothing to do with you're mining speed). You're only mining fast when the user have the plugin enabled with the user command /fastminin or /fm. The plugin supports multi world permissions, so you can enable Fast Mining only for the admins or something. You must know that the plugin has protected zones support from WorldGuard, you cant mine in a protected region! Fast Mining has also an option to drop items or not. When you mine TNT it don't blow up (for safety if you hit TNT).
    Note: When you haven't permissions on your server, the plugin is avaible for all the OP's

Video

This video has been made by SeaborgiumMC. Big thanks to him!

Features:
    • Mine faster than creative with more than 8 blocks a seccond
    • Every user can enable and disable the plugin with the user command /fm or /fastmining
    • Destroyed blocks drop items
    • Multi World permission support
    • Protected region support (World Guard), players can't mine in protected regions
    • Players can say if a destroyed block must drop an item with the command /fm drop
    • Admin commands to enable/disable Fast Mining by another player
    • Auto Enable (fast mining) on player join if you want, insite config.yml
    • When a player left the game, Fast mining get it's original state (Auto enable state) so probably the player must enable Fast Mining again if he join the game again or if it's auto enabled its auto enabled on every player join
    • Drop items or not (destroyed blocks drop items or not)
    • TNT drop function (drop tnt block or not)
    • Change if players can mine through bedrock
    • Costum chat messages
    Player Commands
    Enable or disable Fast Mining; /fm or /fastmining
    Enable or disable item drops; /fm drop or /fastmining drop
    View info; /fm info or /fastmining info
    View current running verion number; /fm verion or /fastmining version

Admin Commands (fastmining.player)
    Enable or disable Fast Mining for a player; /fm player <player>
    Enable or disable item drops for a player; /fm player <player> drop
    View info from a player; /fm player <player> info

Download
    With the following links underneath you could download the Fast Mining plugin.
    Download Fast Mining 3.3 (hosted on dropbox.com)
    Download Fast Mining 3.3 (hosted on mediafire.com)

Installation:
    1. Download the plugin
    2. Add the FastMining.jar file and the folder 'Fast Mining' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server. Also add the Fast Mining/config.yml file to the folder plugins/Fast Mining/config.yml
    3. Add the permissions if you have; (Look at the permissions paragraph underneeth)
    4. Start your game and use fastmining!

Permissions:
    Allow users to use Fast Mining; fastmining.fastmining
    Allow users to enable or disable the item drops; fastmining.drop
    Allow users to use the 'info' command to check if Fast Mining is enabled; fastmining.info
    Allow all the three things above; fastmining
    Allow admin commands (not included in fastmining); fastmining.player

Changelog (open)

Changelog:
    Version 3.3 (7-3-2012)
    • Added the new bukkit event system
    • Added support for minecraft 1.2.3
    • Improved the item-drop system A LOT, now blocks will drop the right drop. When a new minecraft block is added it will still drop the right item for that block without updating the plugin.
    • Added color support for costum messages
    • Costum messages changed and fixed
    • All known bugs are fixed! :D
    Version 3.2
    • Admin commands, admins can enable/disable Fast Mining and the Fast Mining drops for a player, even if he has no permission, the admins can also view the info of a player. :)
    • ALL the item drops are fixed right now :)
    • Mirrored costum messages enable and disable message fixed
    • Some chat messages changed
    • Bug fixed
    Version 3.1
    • Added protected region support (World Guard), players can not longer mine in protected regions :)
    • Two new chat commands added, with /fm info the user can see if he enabled fast mining or fast mining drops and with /fm verion the user can see what version Fast Mining currently on that server is.
    Version 3.0.1
    • Important permission bug fixed, Fast Mining is not always more avable for Ops, only if you have no permission system
    Version 3.0
    • Added multi world permissions support
    • Auto enable (Fast Mining) function for players who join the server
    • When a player left the game, Fast mining get it's original state (Auto enable state) so probably the player must enable Fast Mining again if he join the game again
    • Change if blocks must drop items when they destroyed or not
    • Players can say if a destroyed block must drop an item with the command /fm drop
    • Change if TNT drop an TNT item or not
    • Change if the players can mine trouth bedrock
    • Sapplings drop the right sappling
    • Gravel drops now 10% flint
    • A bed drops the right item
    • Pistons didn't drop only the 'top' of the piston any more
    • Wool will drop the right color :D
    • Slabs will drop the right slab (stone, wood, cobelstone...) :D
    • Tall grass will not drop an item anymore
    • Diamond ore will drop no more diamond ore but 1 diamond
    • Redstone drops the right redstone item
    • Redstone torches (off state) will drop the normal (on state) redstone torches
    • Snow will no more drop dirt
    • Signs will drop the right item
    • Ice error message fixed
    • Redstone repeaters will drop the right item
    Version 2.2

• Important bug fixed
    Version 2.1
    • Costum chat messages
    • TNT drop option
    • Bug fixed
    Version 2.0
    • Destroyed blocks drop items!
    • Shorter command /fm
    • Costum messages (not working, bug)
    • Permissions bug fixed
    • Some other bugs fixed
    Version 1.2
    • Permission support added
    Version 1.1
    • Added the enable and disable command /fastmining

Suggestions, Ideas and bugs
    If you have a suggestion or an idea, please tell me and maybe I will add it to the plugin!
    If you found any bug please tell me I will fix it as fast as I can.

Donate
    Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins, I really like it if you give a donation!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Lunthus and kahlilnc like this.
  2. Offline

Kinkajou

That's the way I saw it, basically you can turn on fast mine but it only works if you are holding the item specified (if you have it set to use an item) you may want it so if you hold bedrock you can instant mine, but you can't any other time, and the way I read his suggestion it would allow you to do that (or gold hoe, or clay ball...).

3. Offline

Tim Visee

k :)

4. Offline

andrewSC

Oh hey! I did not have email alerts set up haha but to clarify, yes, I meant miningitem to be the tool as Kinkajou stated :) ie: miningitem: 1 then i will only be able to fast mine with a stone block lol Thank you for the fast response and interest!!

5. Offline

Jack_4775

Please make an option, that you can just use the diamond Pickaxe as an fastmining tool.
    But really good work :) i love the plugin

6. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks! I also really need to update the plugin because the new item drops are wrong :p so it drops the block itself. I'll take a look at it.

About the mining item, I"ll add this feature too when I'm going to update the plugin!

7. Offline

itsMEE

Thanks Much ! It's a great Plugin if don't want to use WorldEdit ;)

Maybe you could add Towny-Support ? If you would, it was very nice ;)

8. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks, well I really need to update Fast Mining I'll try to do that soon

9. Hi, Love this plugin and so do my users :D. Just wondering are you planning on updating for 1.2.3 anytime soon? Thanks

10. Offline

Tim Visee

Yes, perhaps I'm going to release it tomorrow, but I'm not sure!

11. Offline

Royalgamer06

please update to 1.2.3 build, its broken...

12. Offline

Tim Visee

I'm currently working on the update of Glowstone Lanterns, when I done that I'm going to update this plugin!

13. Offline

Royalgamer06

Bedankt :p

Tim Visee likes this.
  14. Offline

Tim Visee

UPDATE 3.3 - New event system, Minecraft 1.2.3!
    The new version of Fast Mining is out. There are things fixed and added. Underneath you could see the changelog;
    • Added the new bukkit event system
    • Added support for minecraft 1.2.3
    • Improved the item-drop system A LOT, now blocks will drop the right drop. When a new minecraft block is added it will still drop the right item for that block without updating the plugin.
    • Added color support for costum messages
    • Costum messages changed and fixed
    • All known bugs are fixed! :D
    You could download the plugin with the download link in the first message of this forum thread;
    Make sure you know that this is a version for Craft Bukkit 1.2.3-R0.2 and higher)

Please update your config file since this has been changed too.

I am almost sure I'm going to rewrite this whole plugin and add a lot of new features into it. But I also have to update a lot of other plugins so this is probably something to do a little later.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    Royalgamer06 likes this.
  15. Offline

Royalgamer06

OMG, you sir are awesome ;D. 2 more likes for you...

Tim Visee likes this.
  16. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks! (for the likes too! :p)

17. Offline

bpdenverco

hi, little trouble finding where this goes "Also add the Fast Mining/config.yml file to the folder plugins/Fast Mining/config.yml" this on the server, in my bukkit jar or of the root of plugins

18. Offline

Tim Visee

Wel lwhen you have the plugins folder which is inside your server root (server/plugins) you need to create or copy (or something) a folder named 'Fast Mining' inside that folder you need to copy the config.yml file. So the filepath of that file will be (server/plugins/Fast Mining/config.yml). Hope this helps
    Tim Visee

EDIT: My english isn't the best, so sorry for that.

19. Offline

bpdenverco

thanks that does explain it

Tim Visee likes this.
  20. Hi, Thank You a bunch for updating! Can you help though, for some reason i can destroy bedrock when i have destroybedrock off. Any idea why?

Tim Visee likes this.
  21. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok great!

Hi Thanks. About the bedrock, this is strange. I'll check this out, I probably accedently broke that feature.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

dudewth

Hi, thanks for the update! I'm using the most recent release of PermissionsEX and fast mining isn't detecting it. Do you have any suggestions?

2012-03-11 16:16:09 [INFO] [Fast Mining] Enabling Fast Mining v3.3
    2012-03-11 16:16:09 [INFO] [Fast Mining] Can't find permission system, only avable for OPs
    2012-03-11 16:16:09 [INFO] [Fast Mining] Can't find WorldGuard, protected regions disabled
    2012-03-11 16:16:09 [INFO] [Fast Mining] Fast Mining v3.3 Started

Thanks!

Tim Visee likes this.
  23. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks!
    Btw about the permissions, I need to update the plugin for that, I'll try to do that as soon as possible ;)

24. Offline

zeipet

Hello!
    I have also the same Problem with PermissionEX...
    [INFO] [Fast Mining] Can't find permission system, only avable for OPs

25. Offline

Tim Visee

Yes I know, I'll fix this!

26. Offline

Keith11

Any luck on this? Yes, I'm trying to hurry you but it is only because this is a great plugin. :)

27. Offline

Tim Visee

Yes, I'll try to release this update today.

28. Offline

zeipet

29. Hi, Will you be releasing an update fixing the bedrock issue soon? Sorry but i get hell everyday for it not being up lol.

30. Offline

Tim Visee

I'll try but I don't have that time >:c I'm really busy

Check your private messages!

31. Offline

Jack_4775

When does this Plugin get an Update ? I know you are busy but just tell me how much time you will need. Because i really need this plugin for my Vips :D