Inactive [EDIT/MECH] Fast Mining 3.3 - Mine faster with 8+ blocks a seccond (with item drops) [1.2.5-R3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tim Visee, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Visee

Fast Mining 3.3 - Mine faster than creative with 8 blocks a seccond!
    Version: v3.3

With Fast Mining you can mine faster, like 8 blocks a seccond. You can mine obsidian an dirt with the same fast speed. You can use all the diferent tools, also your hands an other things to mine (This has nothing to do with you're mining speed). You're only mining fast when the user have the plugin enabled with the user command /fastminin or /fm. The plugin supports multi world permissions, so you can enable Fast Mining only for the admins or something. You must know that the plugin has protected zones support from WorldGuard, you cant mine in a protected region! Fast Mining has also an option to drop items or not. When you mine TNT it don't blow up (for safety if you hit TNT).
    Note: When you haven't permissions on your server, the plugin is avaible for all the OP's

Video

This video has been made by SeaborgiumMC. Big thanks to him!

Features:
    • Mine faster than creative with more than 8 blocks a seccond
    • Every user can enable and disable the plugin with the user command /fm or /fastmining
    • Destroyed blocks drop items
    • Multi World permission support
    • Protected region support (World Guard), players can't mine in protected regions
    • Players can say if a destroyed block must drop an item with the command /fm drop
    • Admin commands to enable/disable Fast Mining by another player
    • Auto Enable (fast mining) on player join if you want, insite config.yml
    • When a player left the game, Fast mining get it's original state (Auto enable state) so probably the player must enable Fast Mining again if he join the game again or if it's auto enabled its auto enabled on every player join
    • Drop items or not (destroyed blocks drop items or not)
    • TNT drop function (drop tnt block or not)
    • Change if players can mine through bedrock
    • Costum chat messages
    Player Commands
    Enable or disable Fast Mining; /fm or /fastmining
    Enable or disable item drops; /fm drop or /fastmining drop
    View info; /fm info or /fastmining info
    View current running verion number; /fm verion or /fastmining version

Admin Commands (fastmining.player)
    Enable or disable Fast Mining for a player; /fm player <player>
    Enable or disable item drops for a player; /fm player <player> drop
    View info from a player; /fm player <player> info

Download
    With the following links underneath you could download the Fast Mining plugin.
    Download Fast Mining 3.3 (hosted on dropbox.com)
    Download Fast Mining 3.3 (hosted on mediafire.com)

Installation:
    1. Download the plugin
    2. Add the FastMining.jar file and the folder 'Fast Mining' from the downloaded .zip file to the /plugin folder of the minecraft server. Also add the Fast Mining/config.yml file to the folder plugins/Fast Mining/config.yml
    3. Add the permissions if you have; (Look at the permissions paragraph underneeth)
    4. Start your game and use fastmining!

Permissions:
    Allow users to use Fast Mining; fastmining.fastmining
    Allow users to enable or disable the item drops; fastmining.drop
    Allow users to use the 'info' command to check if Fast Mining is enabled; fastmining.info
    Allow all the three things above; fastmining
    Allow admin commands (not included in fastmining); fastmining.player

Changelog (open)

Changelog:
    Version 3.3 (7-3-2012)
    • Added the new bukkit event system
    • Added support for minecraft 1.2.3
    • Improved the item-drop system A LOT, now blocks will drop the right drop. When a new minecraft block is added it will still drop the right item for that block without updating the plugin.
    • Added color support for costum messages
    • Costum messages changed and fixed
    • All known bugs are fixed! :D
    Version 3.2
    • Admin commands, admins can enable/disable Fast Mining and the Fast Mining drops for a player, even if he has no permission, the admins can also view the info of a player. :)
    • ALL the item drops are fixed right now :)
    • Mirrored costum messages enable and disable message fixed
    • Some chat messages changed
    • Bug fixed
    Version 3.1
    • Added protected region support (World Guard), players can not longer mine in protected regions :)
    • Two new chat commands added, with /fm info the user can see if he enabled fast mining or fast mining drops and with /fm verion the user can see what version Fast Mining currently on that server is.
    Version 3.0.1
    • Important permission bug fixed, Fast Mining is not always more avable for Ops, only if you have no permission system
    Version 3.0
    • Added multi world permissions support
    • Auto enable (Fast Mining) function for players who join the server
    • When a player left the game, Fast mining get it's original state (Auto enable state) so probably the player must enable Fast Mining again if he join the game again
    • Change if blocks must drop items when they destroyed or not
    • Players can say if a destroyed block must drop an item with the command /fm drop
    • Change if TNT drop an TNT item or not
    • Change if the players can mine trouth bedrock
    • Sapplings drop the right sappling
    • Gravel drops now 10% flint
    • A bed drops the right item
    • Pistons didn't drop only the 'top' of the piston any more
    • Wool will drop the right color :D
    • Slabs will drop the right slab (stone, wood, cobelstone...) :D
    • Tall grass will not drop an item anymore
    • Diamond ore will drop no more diamond ore but 1 diamond
    • Redstone drops the right redstone item
    • Redstone torches (off state) will drop the normal (on state) redstone torches
    • Snow will no more drop dirt
    • Signs will drop the right item
    • Ice error message fixed
    • Redstone repeaters will drop the right item
    Version 2.2

• Important bug fixed
    Version 2.1
    • Costum chat messages
    • TNT drop option
    • Bug fixed
    Version 2.0
    • Destroyed blocks drop items!
    • Shorter command /fm
    • Costum messages (not working, bug)
    • Permissions bug fixed
    • Some other bugs fixed
    Version 1.2
    • Permission support added
    Version 1.1
    • Added the enable and disable command /fastmining

Suggestions, Ideas and bugs
    If you have a suggestion or an idea, please tell me and maybe I will add it to the plugin!
    If you found any bug please tell me I will fix it as fast as I can.

Donate
    Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins, I really like it if you give a donation!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Lunthus and kahlilnc like this.
  2. Offline

Tim Visee

:)

Sorry, It take some more time to create that things like an option to mine bedrock or not and dropt items or not. Sorry again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  3. Offline

Crafty Crafter

It says fast mining is enabled, but it doesn't seem to work...

4. Offline

bassfader

First of all: Bigup! Nice Plugin, really liking the idea and it is a really good replacement for the Superpickaxe from WorldEdit/WorldGuard. Though I've got 2 Questions:

Is it possible to make the Plugin check for permissions on each World Change? I have a seperate "mining" world where I wanted the players to be able to Mine faster, but when they activate Fastmining in that "mining" world and then come back to the Main (protected) world, Fastmining is still enabled and they can destroy whatever they want (even though everything is protected using WorldGuard) which is not nice. Any chance to implement such a Check on World changes?

Also I wanted to ask when (approximately) the configuration for beeing able to destroy bedrock will be implented? (I have disabled the plugin anyways since the afore mentioned problem, so I've got time till your next release - if you incorporate my "request" because otherwise its just a too high "risk" to enable it on my server),

5. Offline

Tim Visee

The first question:
    It isn't posible, I didn't think of this 'problem'. I will make this if you want :)

The seccond question:
    I alredy making this function (it's comming in a new version) also the function to destroy TNT and a function for dropping items.

So as I say I will make this two things and bring the new version out soon :)

6. Offline

bassfader

Very cool! Thanks (also for the fast response) :)
    I'll be patiently waiting for the new vresion, no hurry ^^

7. Offline

Tim Visee

:),
    When I'm finished with my dinner I will finish the bedrock function... (it's 7:25 in the Netherlands) :)

8. Offline

bassfader

Ahh cool you're dutch, I'm from europe too (from germany to be exact ^^). Allready looking forward to the new Plugin Version, I'll sure check it out as soon as it's online (I am allready frequently checking your thread :) )

9. Offline

gamemakertim

Is this version also 4 Minecraft 1.7_01 ?

10. Offline

Tim Visee

It currently is :)

I'm working hard, I'm currently testing my new plugin version, so I think the new version came out shortly :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

Scott Jackson

How do you disable the items from dropping? I don't see anything about it in the config file or in the instructions. BTW nice mod. Very useful.

12. Offline

Tim Visee

The 'No dropping' isn't avable in the current version, right now I'm making the new version, in that version you can disable it with the config file or with chat commands :)

13. Offline

cww256

I love this plugin, but is it possible to add an option to require the proper tool to get the fast block breaking, and make it use the durability? For example diamond picks must be used to get the fast breaking on stone and each break uses a normal amount of durability from pick.

Basically I just want a little bit of a balance option.

Great plugin!

14. Offline

Tim Visee

It's hard to make this, I can make the plugin so you can only mine fast with one speciafic tool, but I cant add duration for mining, this is inposible to make this in a java bukkit plugin so I cant make this, I'm sorry.
    Bus as I say I can make a function that you can only mine faster with speciafic tools, I will try to make this in the version I'm currently working on.

I'm really sorry, ive make a mistake, this function will be come in a later version, not the version that came out soon (I hope today)

UPDATE 3.0 - Lots of new features, multi world permissions support, wool color drop...

The new version of Fast Mining is out.
    There're a lot of things new and fixed, underneeth you can see them...
    • Added multi world permissions support (request of bassfader)
    • Auto enable (Fast Mining) function for players who join the server
    • When a player left the game, Fast mining get it's original state (Auto enable state) so probably the player must enable Fast Mining again if he join the game again
    • Change if blocks must drop items when they destroyed
    • Change if TNT drops a TNT item
    • Change if the players can mine througt TNT
    • Sapplings will drop the right sappling
    • Gravel will drop no more gravel blocks but 10% flint
    • A bed drops the right item
    • Pistons didn't drop only the 'top' of the piston any more
    • Wool will drop the right colored wool :D
    • Slabs will drop the right slab (stone slab, wooden slab, cobelstone slab...) :D
    • Tall grass will not drop an item anymore
    • Diamond ore will drop no more diamond ore but 1 diamond :D
    • Redstone drops the right redstone item
    • Redstone torches (off state) will drop the normal (on state) redstone torches
    • Snow will drop no more dirt :D
    • Signs will drop the right sign item :D
    • Ice error message fixed
    • Redstone repeaters will drop the right redstone repeater item (not a repeater block)
    As you can see really a LOT of things are new or changed/fixed. You probably know that you can find the download of the plugin in the first post.
    Don't forget to update your permissons and config file, the config file you can find in the new download!

15. Offline

arsjet

thank you very much!

16. Offline

Tim Visee

No problem
    There maybe will a new update soon so that you can't mine in World Guard protected area's.

UPDATE 3.1 - Added protected region support and 2 new commands

Underneet hyou can see what's added or changed/fixed
    • Added protected region support from WorldGuard, so some players that can't build or mine in some regions can't also didn't use FM to mine in this area
    • Added two commands /fm info to view if Fast Mining or Fast Mining drops is enabled for that player and /fm version to view the current running version of Fast Mining.
    • The permissions are a little bit changed, so there's a new one for the info command fastmining.info and fastmining enabled all the 3 commands, /fm, /fm drop and /fm info

Don't forget to update your permissons and config file, the config file you can find in the new download!

17. Offline

Tim Visee

UPDATE 3.2 - Added admin commands

Underneet hyou can see what's added or changed/fixed
    • There are admin commands added, so the admin can enable or disable Fast mining for a player, even if he has no permission. The admin can also enable or disable his item drops and view his information, you can see the commands in the first post :)
    • Item drops fixed, I think all the item dorps are fixed right now :)
    • The costum enable and disable mesage miroring is fixed.
    • A few chat messages are changed, three or so
    • Bug fixed

18. Offline

freman

Any chance of adding a wget compatible download?

19. Offline

Tim Visee

What do you mean with wget ?

20. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

Suggestion: This plugin works in pretty much the same way as Fast Mining, but has an option to set radius, which is very handy indeed. Would be nice to see something similar added to this plugin, as currently the only advantage this plugin has over the other one is that this plugin performs an OP check rather than just disabling if Permissions isn't available. Have posted the opposite request in the other thread, so be interesting to see who gets there first :cool:

Update: SM-FastMining now no longer requires Permissions to work. Moving over to that plugin as a result.

21. Offline

Tim Visee

I already added this function in FM, but you can't enable it, because it isn't handy! But if you want this function I will add this probably when I'm back home over about 1,5 weeks...

22. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

The other plugin states the radius function is a "feature", while it may not be useful for you personally, it seems there are other people out there who feel it is useful... so would be good to see it available in your plugin, even if it is now a little redundant, considering the other plugin's existence! One thing I do like about your plugin is that block removal is instant... the other plugin still requires you to actually break the first block before others are removed at the same time... but again, this is subjective, some people may like the delay of the other plugin as a safety feature to guard against clicking the wrong block and instantly erasing everything around it. Maybe this is why you didn't consider it a handy feature? Anyway, its good that there is competition between plugins that do similar/indentical jobs... it can only improve the quality of all plugins :)

23. Offline

beldar

There is an eror on log in if I loged out with FM enabled

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_LOGIN to Fast Mining
    java.lang.NullPointerException

24. Offline

d00ba

If I give permissions to players to use fastmining in my creative world, would it stay enabled when they teleport to another world after enabling fastmining in creative?

25. Offline

Lunthus

The fact that you made the permissions so you can grab item drops makes this ideal for spleef! :D I love this plugin so much. Thank you!

26. Offline

Lunthus

There should be a way to force a group to use it with permissions or something so it can be used in another world :) and also a way so they can't destroy a certain block. Mostly with the first one, it could make spleef games as ideal as they were in classic for beta!! The auto enable isn't the same :/

27. Offline

Tim Visee

Seriously? I will take a look...

Download the newest version of the plugin, btw check if Fast Mining said (in the server console) if the permissions are enabled.

:)

Yes your right, and that certain blocks too...

28. Offline

Tim Visee

I will add a new item drop system in the feature (as soon as I can). It will drop the right items, currently clay will drop a clay block and stairs will drop a stair, I will also add the new blocks for 1.8!
    (Maybe I add some other functions too :))

29. Offline

andrewSC

Thanks for the great plugin!

May I make the suggestion that with fast mining enabled, the user can only use a certain item to mine? I've made the error of hitting blocks with other items and destroying that block :/ lol

possibly have the item able to be changed in the config file? for example:

EnableFastMiningItem: True
    FastMiningItem: 278

Thanks!

Tim Visee and Kinkajou like this.
  30. Offline

Kinkajou

I can see it now, fast mine with a hand full of vines.

31. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks!
    Yes of cource, I will made this in the new version of the plugin, but I also work on some other plugins but I will release a new version as soon as I can. Btw, do you mean with the MiningItem the Mining tool?

Great isn't it! :D