Inactive [EDIT] Biome v0.3.1 - Change biomes [Permissions] [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Nightgunner5, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Nightgunner5

Biome - Change biomes
    Version: v0.3.1

Have you ever wanted it to snow in the desert? How about having ghasts and zombie pigmen in your forests? Well, now you can, weirdo.

Download - Source Code

Use the /biome command:
    /biome set [biome name] sets the biome in the chunk you're standing in. (Permission: biome.set.chunk)
    /biome get tells you what biome you're standing in. (Permission: biome.get)
    /biome clear returns the biomes in the chunk you're standing in to their natural state. (Permission: biome.clear.chunk)
    /biome list gives you a list of biomes you can use. (Permission: biome.list)

Having WorldEdit installed on your server adds the ability to use:
    /biome set-selection [biome name], which sets the biome for every (x, z) value in your WorldEdit selection (Permission: biome.set.selection), and
    /biome clear-selection, which turns every (x, z) value in your WorldEdit selection back to its original state. (Permission: biome.clear.selection)

Changelog:
    Version 0.3.1
    • Fixes a bug that would cause Biome not to work on worlds loaded by plugins before Biome initializes
    Version 0.3 (541 downloads)
    • Permissions support. OPs will still get access to all commands.
    • Stopped reporting the wrong biome in Nether and Skylands.
    • Allow global biomes to be set on a per-world basis, configurable in plugins/Biome/config.yml
    Version 0.2 (415 downloads)
    • Added /biome set-selection and /biome clear-selection, which require WorldEdit to be installed.
    • Changed data storage format to allow for sub-chunk accuracy. Old data will be converted seamlessly.
    • WorldEdit is not required, but will allow /biome *-selection commands if it is available.
    Version 0.1 (43 downloads)
    • Released plugin
    • Called everyone a weirdo

Inscrutable likes this.
  2. Offline

WRA1mAd1no

I changed the biome and it didn't work...
    I have repeated this 4 times.
    Also doesn't work with other close by biomes.
    I wasn't standing on the biome bounry.
    craft bukkit build: 1060
    and the latest version of biome.

Attached Files:

3. Offline

SkullCollector

I downloaded this when I still had CB953 installed, it worked quite fine then. Now I'm running #1060 and it screwed up everything. Like 90% of my chunks now are taiga, which is especially annoying in our modern city.
    Global thingy also doesn't work, like said.

4. Offline

repeat

lines in BiomePlugin.java is correct?

gobal != global maybe in this problem?

71 line
    Code:
            if (getConfiguration().getKeys("gobal_biomes") == null) {
    Code:
                            "gobal_biomes." + world, "auto"));

5. Offline

Simanova

Using Biome is causing Dynmap to fail render

6. Offline

Inscrutable

I got the same (Dynmap 0.21), weird biome data choked it. Also confirming Biome does not work under RB#1060.
    Sorry to see it go, my rivers will freeze over again :p

7. Offline

Simanova

Is there a command like "/biome clear all" ?
    Dont wanna clear every changed chunk

8. Offline

MG127

and again it doesn't work with phoenixTerrainMod :/
    but it seemed to work some time ago. at least biome get worked.
    now i get only an error if i do a cmd
    com.Khorn.PTMBukkit.comKhorn.PTMBukkit.BiomeManagerPTM
    seems to be one "com.Khorn.PTMBukkit" too much

9. Offline

Inscrutable

Just shut down the server, remove Biome, and restart. That worked for me. Dynmap works fine now :D

As for the PhoenixTerrainMod, it does bizarro things to biomes that seem to get scrambled when you lose PTM.
    I suspect the way it links to world biomes is bent out of shape, and R-T-B had noticed as much.
    Two of my four server worlds are BTM/PTM products. An ice age appeared in MC1.5...

Simanova likes this.
  10. Offline

Tarrker

Yeah this plugin simply does not work at all for me. Running Bukkit 1060. I have a world that keeps getting all its biomes set to tundra because of sudden power shut downs so I've been trying to do /biome set swampland or something. But when I do /biome get it just tells me tundra, no matter what. Would really like to figure out how to make this plugin work. Snow is nice, but not when it's your entire freaking world.

11. Offline

Malific

Author hasn't logged into bukkit.org for 15 days, don't expect anything until they come back.

12. Offline

badkingpro

Nice Plugin.

13. Offline

noneandnonly

Maybe add something like: If you selected an area with worldedit and type "/biome deleteothers" every chunk that isn't selected gets deleted and reset. Would be great for 1.8 ;P To keep the important stuff but delete all the others.

Regards,
    NoNe aNd NoNly.

14. Offline

Melgrin

For a moment I thought I'd finally found what I needed. Too bad it does not work on my server (RB 1000)...

I'm trying to put a back a village's biome that was initially tundra back to its snowy state.

Yet, I'm getting :
    Code:
    /biome get
    The biome you are standing in is Seasonal Forest
    /biome set Tundra
    Set this chunk's biome to tundra
    /biome get
    The biome you are standing in is Seasonal Forest
    :'(

Thanks anyway for your efforts. Looking forward to hearing about an update.

15. Offline

Grimmy777

any chance this will get updated for 1.8?

16. Offline

MG127

i get this with cb1060
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    20:03:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event WORLD_INIT to Biome
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/NoiseGeneratorOctaves2
            at net.llamaslayers.minecraft.biome.BiomeChunkManager.<init>(BiomeChunkManager.java:21)
            at net.llamaslayers.minecraft.biome.BiomePlugin$1.onWorldInit(BiomePlugin.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$55.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:626)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftServer.java:517)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftServer.java:469)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftServer.java:465)
            at com.onarandombox.utils.WorldManager.addWorld(WorldManager.java:88)
            at com.onarandombox.utils.WorldManager.loadWorlds(WorldManager.java:319)
            at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore.onEnable(MultiverseCore.java:161)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:920)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:173)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:156)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

17. Offline

Avalun

Would be great if this could be updated to work with Minecraft 1.8.1 or the higher (coming) versions :)

18. Offline

Jaso444

1.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please it looks cool i need it as 1.8 changed all my biomes lol

19. Offline

Massimo1993

@Nightgunner5

please update this fantastic plugin ç.ç

20. Offline

bleoo

Please update :=)

21. Can I use some of your code for my new Holiday plugin, Christmas?

22. Offline

ChrisX930

won't work for me, please help

Attached Files:

23. Offline

Teku13

Code:

16:25:58 [SEVERE] Could not pass event WORLD_INIT to Biome
            at net.llamaslayers.minecraft.biome.BiomeChunkManager.<init>(BiomeChunkM
    anager.java:21)
            at net.llamaslayers.minecraft.biome.BiomePlugin$1.onWorldInit(BiomePlugi
    n.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$57.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:656)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:339)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:228)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.server.NoiseGenerator
    Octaves2
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:24)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 9 more
    16:25:58 [SEVERE] Could not pass event WORLD_INIT to Biome
            at net.llamaslayers.minecraft.biome.BiomeChunkManager.<init>(BiomeChunkM
    anager.java:21)
            at net.llamaslayers.minecraft.biome.BiomePlugin$1.onWorldInit(BiomePlugi
    n.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$57.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:656)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:339)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:228)

This is what I get on Bukkit 1131 on 1.8.1...

24. Offline

theadisim

Please can you upgrade this up to 1.0.0 because this dosnt work for me, but I very need this.

25. Offline

nicolo86

When will you be updating this mod, cause i got a swamp biome in my map all of the sudden after 1.0.0 update.

26. Offline

_Martinius_

+1 for update biomes suck!

27. Offline

Dario1608

I've got a small problem:
    [​IMG]
    It's written there whenever I want to type a command.
    I hope you can help me.

28. the plugin is outdated,
    the plugin is outdated, hope that helps.
    the error is due to some variables not being visible

Teh_Burger_King and Dario1608 like this.
  29. Offline

Dario1608

Am I able to fix that somehow or has the developer to do that?

30. just wait, and see...
    you could try fixing it anyway...