[ECON] NPCTrader v1.1.4 - The Full featured localized shop system [RB740 - 766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MatCat, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Offline

MatCat

NPC Trader - The Full featured localized shop system

Version 1.1.4 (Testing Version!)

The first localized full featured shop system for Bukkit/iConomy, in NPC Form!

What's better for a localized shop system then your very own NPC Clerk / Teller / Worker / Slave / Whatever word you want to call your NPC!

Features
    • Localized system
    • Fully player controlled (No admin intervention needed)
    • Full Item and Metadata support (Colored wools, etc)
    • Item name or ID recognition
    • Partial name recognition (If online)
    • Complete internal permissions system for managers of the NPC
    • iConomy Based
    • MySQL data storage
    • Item stocking system
    • In-Game help for everything
    • Supports Permissions and GroupManager (Using FakePermissions) Plugins!
    Installation / Setup

1. Put NPCTrader.jar in your plugins folder
    2. Put mysql-connector-java-bin.jar in your main minecraft folder
    3. Restart your server (Auto-generates config.yml in plugins/NPCTrader/)
    4. Edit the config.yml for MySQL and other config settings.
    5. Restart once more
    6. Enjoy!
    If for some reason the folder / config does not auto-generate, then you can open the .jar file with 7zip or winzip or other archiving utility that supports jars and extract the config.yml from the jar.

NOTE: If you do not have or do not know if you have MySQL setup then you either have to setup MySQL or not use this plugin for now. Please do not post questions asking how to install MySQL as that is outside of the scope of this post. You can follow this tutorial (Thanks @Germata!) for detailed windows installation and setup, but I cannot provide support for installing and setting up MySQL, only support for my plugin specifically.

Permissions

Permissions will only be used if it is installed. The following is the permissions list:

Code:
    npc.admin      - Give to admins for full access to all NPCs
    npc.admin.list - Access to /npc list npcs
    npc.user.*     - General user commands, you can specify by replacing * with command name, I.E. buy
    npc.manager.*  - NPC Manager commands
    npc.owner.*    - NPC Owner commands
    npc.create     - Ability to create an NPC 
    If permissions is used you may also specify limits on how many NPCs a specific player or group may have ownership flag on, please see config file for more information.

Usage

Once the plugin is installed and running, you can see the in-game help by typing /npc in your chat window. To interact with an NPC just right click on it first.

Here is a simple tutorial for setting up an NPC named Bob that sell's bread, cooked fish, and cooked pork, and buys wheat, raw fish, and raw pork.

1. Stand exactly where you want your NPC, including head position and body rotation.
    2. Type: /npc create Bob 6 10 This will create the NPC with 6 Item Slots, each holding 10 units.
    3. Right click on the newly created NPC
    4. Type: /npc setup 1 bread 1 2 0 true false This will setup Slot 1 with Bread, selling lots of 1 at 2 Coins, buying them from players at 0, True for NPC Selling it, False for buying from players.
    5. Repeat step 4 for Cooked fish and Pork
    6. Type: /npc setup 4 wheat 64 0 10 false true This will setup Slot 4 with Wheat, buying lots of 64 at 10 Coins. This one is set False to selling it to players, but true to buy from players.
    7. Type: /npc stock 1 20 This will stock the NPC with 20 breads on slot 1 (Assuming you have enough bread).
    8. Repeat step 7 for raw fish and pork.
    You know have a fully setup and functioning NPC.

Known Issues / Bugs

• Config folder does not get generated on Linux - Works on Windows
    • Cookies and beds, and pretty much any other 1.4/1.5 items.
    • Spams console when you stand close to an NPC
    • Gives error when an NPC is spawned (Can be ignored)
    • Head / Rotation is not being properly set on spawn / move. (Fixed in 1.14)
    • Does not work with actual permissions (works with GroupManager)
    • Rename command is broken
    Things Todo

• Re-write item handling
    • Support for both GroupManager and Permissions
    • iConomy 5 Support
    • Add armor capacity
    • Tie into WorldGuard for checking for build rights (Will be optional)
    Misc

If you installed MySQL for Windows just to run this plugin then check out this link to see how to create the initial minecraft database you will need.

*** NOTE: SQLite IS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! If you want to see an alternative, fork the src, make it work as an option, and I will include it in.***

Changelog
    • Version 1.1.4
      • Changed out item name / id handling system
      • Now supports all current official items
      • Fixed Move Bug
      • Fixed NPC Creation Errors
      • Fixed a few other errors
      • Fixed Config creation on linux (hopefully!)
    • Version 1.1.3
      • Completely rewrote most of the code that directly interfaces with the NPC Library.
      • Now uses chunk loading/unloading to make sure only NPC's in loaded chunks are loaded (Way more efficient)
      • Changed banker command to only allow setting yourself as banker (to stop an exploit situation).
    • Version 1.1.2
      • Fixed upgrading stack counts for free bug
      • Fixed rename command not working on linux
      • Made it so an NPC must have 1 item slot to be created
      • Added permissions support for owned npc limits (By group or player)
    • Version 1.1.1
      • Fixed issues with quantities of '0'
      • Added rename command
      • Fixed iConomy hooking on startup
    • Version 1.1.0
      • Fixed Admin Override Permissions not working
      • Added Half and Double Slabs
      • Updated to work with B612+
    • Version 1.0.9
      • Updated to work on B531+
      • Updated to work with iConomy 4.*
      • Much needed overhaul of error handling and disabling procedures.
      • Converted integer based money to decimal based.
    • Version 1.0.8
      • Updated for newer builds
    • Version 1.0.7
      • Fixed more issues with ItemData, hopefully they are fixed for good.
      • Added log names
      • Added Coal/Charcoal distinction
      • Order of slots listed will always be in ascending order
    • Version 1.0.6
      • More meta-data issues, resolved.
    • Version 1.0.5
      • My restructuring of the code to try to support SQlite completely foobared the connect and close code, causing timeouts and errors. Fixed it.
    • Version 1.0.3
      • Fixed buy/sell/stock/unstock to use absolute values so that negatives cannot happen.
    • Version 1.0.2
      • Fixed bug where db connection was closed on /npc create
    • Version 1.0.1
      • Fixed bug with null Item Datas
    • Version 1.0.0
      • Fixed many many bugs
      • Added /npc list npcs as an admin command to let you see a full list of NPCs
      • Added recording transactions.
      • Added full permissions support
      • Better error handling and message delivery.
    • Version 0.94
      • Fixed not checking stock when doing /npc setup
      • Made the setup's error messages way more intuitive
    • Version 0.93
      • Fixed disappearing NPC bug.
    • Version 0.92
      • Fixed bug where selling was not checking player inventory.
    • Version 0.91
      • Fixed bug where giving improper arguments for upgrading and creating reported iConomy and NPC Trader out of sync.
    • Version 0.9
      • Initial Release
    You can download the jar here.

You can download the mysql connector jar here.

2. Offline

Chugger

I'm sorry, I can't find a separate download for the npc trader folder. You show the problem as a known bug (doesn't automatically generate folder and config file) but I can't find a solution, or a download? Probably missed it in all these pages but could you please put it on the main post? Thanks!

Note: I don't know what made me do this, but I made an empty folder and when I restarted the server (for the 3rd time) it created a config file :) So there ya have it, make an empty folder named NPCTrader and it'll dump a config file in there :)

Unfortunately this didn't help. I'm still getting:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to NPCTrader I'll keep working on it....LOL

3. Offline

Yahiko911

hy. i have a problem! i copied the mysql connector, and the npctrader (mysql connector to mainf older, npctrader to plugins folder of course) and when i restart the server:

Code:
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at com.MatCat.NPCTrader.Resources.writeResource(Resources.java:10)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at com.MatCat.NPCTrader.NPCTrader.onEnable(NPCTrader.java:187)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:632)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [INFO] Database configuration Error!
    Verify your config.yml settings are correct and valid for your MySQL setup.
    Returned Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-05-04 14:03:08 [INFO] NPCTrader version 1.1.3 is disabled!
    I looked for the NPCTRADER Folder, but there are no npcfolder to config the mysql connection.

im using Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit x84. Craftbukkit build 740, the plugins: factions, simplehome, plgwarp, localshops, permissions, thunderghast, uQuest, iConomy, xAuth, NoWeather, motd, lockette..

If you can help me, pls do it xd

4. Offline

Varnsen

For some reason I'm getting major errors with NPCTrader. Looks like other people are having trouble too, but here's my error:

HTML:
    15:30:08 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    15:30:08 [INFO] [iConomy] v5.0 (Eruanna) loaded.
    15:30:08 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun]
    15:30:08 [INFO] [iConomy] hooked into Permissions.
    15:30:08 [INFO] [MonsterHunt 1.0.2] Loaded 1 High scores.
    15:30:08 [INFO] [MonsterHunt] MonsterHunt Loaded!
    15:30:09 [INFO] NPCTrader Successfully linked with iConomy.
    15:30:09 [INFO] NPCTrader version 1.1.3: No iConomy, disabling plugin
    15:30:09 [INFO] NPCTrader version 1.1.3 is disabled!
    15:30:09 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to NPCTrader
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy
        at com.MatCat.NPCTrader.PluginListener.onPluginEnable(PluginListener.java:24)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:408)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:633)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijiko.coelho.iConomy.iConomy
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
        ... 13 more

15:30:10 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to NPCTrader
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy
        at com.MatCat.NPCTrader.PluginListener.onPluginEnable(PluginListener.java:24)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:408)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:633)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    15:30:10 [INFO] Done (0.464s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >

5. Offline

kahlilnc

Ahh I don't no where I place the mysql connector thing. I placed one in lib, one is main bukkit folder and one in .minecraft folder and I cant get the folder to auto generate.

6. Offline

DeltaDevil

Just wait for the full version to come out, does not work for me either.
    Same Err0r

7. Offline

mietzekotze

Hey guys,

everytime i try to start my server with NPCTrade, i get this error:

[​IMG]

The errors are yellow marked. Anybody an idea what to do?

8. Offline

glericus

iConomy 5 came after the last update. but hopefully the mod work with iC5 when it works again

9. Offline

Anthemic

MatCat - I'm going to take a risk here and raise my hand, fully aware that I'm about to stray into the territory of unbridled ignorance. Anyone with more knowledge on the subject, feel free to correct and instruct as you see fit.

I'm in a predicament here as a server admin, putting together an RPG server with traders, towny, uQuest, etc. I know lots of other folks have begged for it, and I've read the size 42 font related to SQLite/H2. I don't mean to add more squeak to the wheel, so to speak. However, it seems that most of the plugins related to RPG development (I should say, most of the plugins I would like to use and seem to be the most popular) use H2. Your plugin is currently the only offering for an NPC based trading system (at least, the only one that works!) And I can't use it. I would LOVE to use it. It's been implemented wonderfully.

It seems that several months ago, when the plugin was released, there was more of a split between database use throughout bukkit. Lately, however, H2 seems to have tipped the scales as the preferred database amongst devs. I can see why--installing MySQL is a chore, it's not obvious how to implement, etc.

Is your reluctance to add H2 support due to time/zeal on your end? The last attempt was frustrating? Or is it that you're familiar with one system, and not the other? Maybe this post is best directed at someone with some H2 familiarity. Hey! You, with the spare time! Can you help us out and port/fork NPC traders to H2? Because this plugin is worth it!

My two coppers. Maybe things have changed?

10. Offline

wackyyftw

I don't understand what to put in the config.yml file for "Driver" and "Database". I have tried the web address for my minecraft SQL database, but that doesn't work... Also, do I put the mysql-connector-java-bin.jar in my main minecraft folder or in my server folder?
    Please respond!!
    -Thanks

11. Offline

Durandir

It's not that hard to set up. All you have to really edit is the name of your database, and the user and root:

Driver: "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
    Database: "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/[INSERT YOUR DATABASE NAME HERE]"
    User: "root"
    Pass: "password"

And you put it in your server folder. Your main Minecraft "installation" has nothing to do with the server software.

12. Offline

goz3rr

Just wanted to say this, if you want the config file to auto generate on linux, go to your plugins folder and type
    'mkdir NPCTrader' without quotes. It will then generate the config file on next restart of the server.

13. I never could make this work, it fails when I try to make a npc, I even tried with your example (/npc create Bob 6 10)

14. Offline

Durandir

Read the thread. The plugin doesn't work with Permissions now, and it doesn't work with Iconomy5. So we just have to wait patiently for an update.

15. Well I'm not using icon 5 but I'm not seeing any permissions incompatibility notice in the thread, I see that it supports it =)

Well, I retried without permissions... works ok but I'll wait for a permissions compatible version since my other plugins can't "exist" without permisions :/

16. Offline

SvenBrnn

I already wrote MatCat a message with the position in his code where the Permission errors come from. But i think its difficult to fix it when FakePermissions doesnt change those functions too.

MFG Sven

17. Offline

Durandir

Yeah, he hasn't edited that out from the main post I guess. When I posted those error-messages he wrote that he don't use Permissions himself, so he would have to check that out.
    I'm glad my server is just a private server where me and my girlfriend play, thus I don't have a pressing need for this plugin.

By the way, anyone know the best way to set up NPCTraders that have infinite items? I was going to add Traders to our village that could buy valuables we don't need, and sell things like iron and TNT.

18. Offline

MatCat

Sorry for the delay in response guys! My server has been exploding with activity and users, my boss has been exploding at me to get more work done, busy busy busy :). Though the good news is I have been working hard on this plugin.

By now I have pretty much re-wrote, and re-wrote again the core coding! I believe I have finally stabilized it to it's most efficient state yet! My server gets 30+ at peak, generally 20+ most of the day, and on weekends we are starting to wade into the 40+ range, with 100+ NPC's going, no lag that I have detected because of NPCs.

Next I am going to be reworking how items are handled. When I started this plugin items.db was the bees knees, now I am looking to re-write this and make it more efficient and forwards compatible with updates and new items.

Another issue is that Permissions has changed it's API, I use GroupManager with it's fake permissions, which still uses the older API Call, I will make it so it works for both. I will also be switching support over to iConomy 5 as well soon.

I also heard some rumors on #bukkitdev this morning about them doing something to stop people from accessing direct calls via craftbukkit, for this plugin, as well as many others (wolf taming is a big one), if they do that then once again NPC's will be impossible with bukkit :(, let's hope that doesn't happen! Or push for Bukkit to add official NPC API support.

I will also be fixing the directory making problem as well soon.

I do now have open source on GitHub, I will be setting that up soon for support tickets, once I have the time to do it.

At one point I had planned on making this a full featured NPC system similar to NPCX, however NPCX covers quests type things really well, so I am really going to focus on economics only. One of the things I want to implement is maybe an API system for other plugins to be able to extend the functionality. For a while now I have been wanting to integrate WorldGuard's region system (Since I use it) to be able to sell regions as well as items. Not sure yet how I will handle this, but I do want to start slowly developing an API system for it.

What I could really use is a co-developer :p. I have a lot of projects planned, started, or put on the back burner simply because my time is just so stretched across things. IF anyone is interested in co-developing some projects, I think it would be a worthwhile thing to do, some of the things I am interested in doing are a minecraft community site (I already have a top notch domain, no pun intended), a web communication API (I noticed someone else started one but it doesn't seem to be going very far) which would be the backbone for an Administration system I want to develop as well.

I also plan on starting on a new plugin I will offer to the community called SheepTag, it's a game I thought up the second I heard sheep would be taggable with dye. I did an official try of it on my server last weekend, was a bit hard to manage with 20 people playing, but people liked it. I also was thinking of some sort of global economy system, but the more I think about that one the more I am scared of servers just abusing the system.

Anyway just wanted to give a word out there! I am still actively working on this. I will get a test build 1.14 out as soon as I get iConomy 5 support, fix the Permissions issue, and the linux directory making issue, maybe later today, maybe tomorrow, not guaranteeing it though.

Once I have the new item code in place, all known errors worked out, I will bump this up to V2.

19. Offline

Durandir

Sounds awesome man :D Wish I could code, would help you then. Will wait patiently for the update.

20. Offline

Navist

If it doesn't create lag issues but we still get errors why not let us decide rather or not we want to download it? I downloaded the test build and NPCs keep getting stuck in the world until the world is reset. Is this fixed in your latest version you have? Please release what you have so far so we can have a more stable build than the test build. We can wait for eternity if the one you are using currently works well enough.

21. Offline

Kazeron

The only major issues I have found so far is I have to close my server to the public, remove permissions create the NPC I want, put permissions back in and open the server back up, my NPCs seem to work okayish with permissions on as long as the NPC already exists. And as a side note, NPCX is gone so I would love to see some other NPC types such as guards and other other textable NPC, maybe on that could teleport you to another teleport NPC, kinda like gates, but with NPCs.

22. Offline

Freezy

please add infinite buy/sell as an admin option, i would like players to have access to unmanaged npc's.

or is this already possible?

would also like:
    - a greeter npc (seperate plugin?)
    - auto command NPC (like a banker that tells you your /money, without having to type it ;-) )

As minecraft still has no official NPC support, perhaps we should compile a list of player names that have a certain skin on them. I'm sure there already is one floating around somewhere...

23. Offline

Geseum

Hi guys, sorry but i can't find anwser to my question. I run server and loggin everything looks cool. I type in console ' /create Tom 1 5 ' and there is problem. It doesn't work.. i got this problem :
    In console (server) everything looks great but when i type command to spawn npc and there is it :
    [​IMG]

How to fix it??
    I got :
    -Permissions 2.7.2
    -iConomy v4.6 (in v5 it doesn't work ) .. ;/

Ok, sorry i rly didn't saw post up. It works but there is another problem. I create npc for example Tom. I create 6 slots with 10. Now i type ' /npc setup 1 bread 1 2 0 true ' and in console is ' /npc setup <slot> <item> bla bla bla ' i type ' /npc stock 1 20 ' in console i can see ' /npc ' and nothing. i don't know what is wrong with it.

24. Offline

Germata

How about releasing two versions of NPCTraders? One for FakePermissions and one for Permissions. I dont know if that would work but why not give it a try.

25. Offline

William Hall

I just restarted my server and now alot of my npcs have started looking up
    wtf?

26. Offline

Kazeron

here is another cool idea once you get the traders working right again, make it so you can set a trader to work on an alt money system... such as a command /npc <curency> where the default would be iConomy but you could put an item ID# in as a trade curency such as gold bars, iron bars, lapisia or what ever you want so we could set up a special vendor for a quest or special area that made you hunt for the item to buy stuff. this is something I would like very much for setting up my rpg server.

27. Offline

EliteASH_11

problem for people like me using servercraft servers, i can only upload jars, which go straight to the plugin folder...

28. Offline

wigumen

you need to make it work with iConomy 5.0

29. Offline

nsstrunks

To quote what MatCat said in a couple posts above you...

30. Offline

Torradin

I strongly suggest you switch away from ServerCraft. I recently decided to go with them, and fouund it was a big mistake! You have VERY little control over your server, as you have just found out.
    Go with MinecraftGSP, they give you full FTP control over your server.
    Just a tip to help a friend =)

This is what my server, KingdomCraft, runs on

31. Offline

Leavaris

ServerCraft is amazing....
    As of right now yes you get no FTP, which if you read anything during signup it CLEARLY states this. they have an inhouse editor, which i admit is horrid and submiting tickets to edit anything out of /plugins is a pain, however next week they are resolving this with a new filemanager system much like cPanels filemanager.