Plugin Help EchoPet Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by mc_myster, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mc_myster

I love bukkit, ok but i need to use spigot for 1.8, and echopet doesnt work on spigot, is there some way of fixing this ? in console it just sais "Skipping enabling of EchoPet because it is not available for spigot 1.8 builds"

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED THE PETS FOR DONOR BENEFITS

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@mr_myster calm yoself.
    Just use another pet plugin. A standard plugin would work fine on Spigot, but anything that uses things that aren't outlined in the Bukkit API (net.minecraft.server, org.bukkit.craftbukkit) will not load cross-version.

3. Offline

mc_myster

@pie_flavor thx allot but what is another good plugin ? i dont really likes the D-pets at all, is there any better ones ?

4. Offline

SergeantBud

Are you using the api and the latest version of spigot 1.8? @mc_myster

5. Offline

mc_myster

@SergeantBud Im using the spigot 1.8 patch which all 1.7.10 plugins work with. (Except echopet :mad: )

6. Offline

pie_flavor

@mc_myster
    The Bukkit API works with a lot of things, but changing animals' AI is not one of them. To do that, one needs to use the packages org.bukkit.craftbukkit and net.minecraft.server. That's the usual name for them in the forums, but the subpackage that everything in is called v1_7_R3, to use 1.7.10 as an example. This package name changes with every update to reflect the new version. However, since this is a package name, plugins can't access the new code and try to import the old code. When the server can't find the old code, the plugin crashes.
    This is what ProtocolLib is for. Plugins build against it, and it can change with the version without dependent plugins changing.

Just thought I'd let you know why this is happening.

EDIT: Whoa, just read the actual EchoPet page. According to them, you just need a newer patch.

7. Offline

SergeantBud

8. Offline

pie_flavor

mc_myster likes this.
  9. Offline

SergeantBud

I know.. there's a EchoPET API Plugin to use...

10. Offline

mc_myster

@SergeantBud Does that mean there is a plugin version of Echopet that is compatible with spigot ? if so do you know the dl link ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.