Earth Bending Staff

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Williscool98, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Offline

metalhedd

TryB4 look at your code. you only have one ArrayList of FallingBlocks for the entire server. and when a player waves their staff, they all change velocity.

Edit: Targetting is also limited to blocks you can actually select, which means just the ones really close to you, and about 50% of the time it doesn't pick me up with it even if it is the ground directly below me.

2. Offline

TryB4

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  3. Offline

Williscool98

TryB4
    It still won't work for me... :p
    Code:java
    1. 15:11:40 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Earth-Bending-Staff.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    2. org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/tryb4/EBS/EBS : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    3. at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:184)
    4. at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
    5. at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
    6. at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:239)
    7. at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:607)
    8. at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:275)
    9. at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:23)
    10. at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:191)
    11. at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:523)
    12. at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:512)
    13. at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.ar(DedicatedServer.java:262)
    14. at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.t(DedicatedServer.java:227)
    15. at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:486)
    16. at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:419)
    17. at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:582)
    18. Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/tryb4/EBS/EBS : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    19. at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    20. at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
    21. at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
    22. at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
    23. at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
    24. at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
    25. at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
    26. at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    27. at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    28. at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass0(PluginClassLoader.java:80)
    29. at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:53)
    30. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    31. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    32. at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    33. at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:249)
    34. at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:173)
    35. ... 14 more

Any ideas?

4. Offline

TryB4

Williscool98
    Hmm. Hold on a sec

EDIT: I've no idea, try updating your java. (I'm going to try with another build of bukkit firstly)

5. Offline

megasaad44

Well this just got quite interesting o.o you gotta post something like this for public. too awesome :p

6. Offline

Williscool98

megasaad44
    He did! :D
    Look at the dropbox link he posted!
    If you mean a BukkitDev page though, I'd agree TryB4 ! ;)

TryB4
    I've already updated my java as far as it can go.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

TryB4

8. Offline

megasaad44

Williscool98 likes this.
  9. Offline

Williscool98

TryB4
    Still didn't work... :( This sucks. The error, not the plugin though. :p
    Thanks for making this nonetheless. I'll try putting this on a different server that I have.

10. Offline

TryB4

11. Offline

megasaad44

I WISH i could try this but sadly my internet sucks [ersigojtlrfgsoertuihjttreoihesh] So minecraft launcher can't have a propper verification process so i can't open minecraft... I will start up my server and see if there are any errors though.

Guys! There is no error AT ALL! O_O http://prntscr.com/1mekb4 thats all the console gave me. Works PERFECTLY

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

Williscool98

TryB4
    Just tested the plugin on my other server, and it works like a charm! Although, when I bend into a mountain, most of the blocks break, and also, it'd be cool if you had a noise play when the ground is lifted. Also, could u add a limit on how many times you can click, and make every click push the ground a tad faster then it was going before?

TryB4
    Could you also extend the range to further than a player can place blocks?

13. Offline

BDKing88

Glad someone finally made this :p

14. Offline

TryB4

Williscool98
    what do you mean?
    like lifting the blocks without clicking it?
    (if you mean the amount of blocks, there is a config option.)

15. Offline

Williscool98

TryB4
    You can only lift blocks that you can select. I'd want to know if you can make it so that you can lift blocks that you're looking at, at a configurable distance, say... 15 blocks. So that you can lift blocks safely away from yourself, and be able to launch other players/mobs without catching yourself too.

BDKing88 likes this.
  16. Offline

TryB4

17. Offline

Ivan

I made something like this before.

18. Offline

Williscool98

TryB4, could u also increase the velocity of the blocks when left clicked, and set a max amount of clicks, say 5?

TryB4
    Also, can you disable blocks such as ores, bedrock, and liquids from being lifted?

EDIT: Sorry for all these suggestions, but could you allow mobs to be lifted? Finally (I hope), my client keeps crashing when I use the staff, the reason seems to be that it can't render the bunch of blocks that are lifted. Any chance that could be fixed?

19. Offline

TryB4

20. Offline

BDKing88

Williscool98
    I've worked with falling blocks before and when too many of them are thrown, it crashes the game. At the moment, I don't think there is a fix for it.