Filled Dungeon Professions (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by VexyTal, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

VexyTal

Plugin category: Mechanics | Fun | Role Playing

Suggested name: Professions | Dungeon Mastery | Skill Mastery

What I want: A plugin in which you can be in an open area as if you are in adventure mode where you can still mine ores but they return not too long after. It is designed for role playing uses so that players can be more in depth and dedicated to the game.

With this plugin there will be different mining levels in which you gain exp with the item in hand so you can continue to level that item up to the next "tier/level" then be able to proceed to being able to mine the next set of blocks. For each tier you are able to mine a specific set blocks using the config or the initial set ores then have the block give a certain amount of exp to the Pickaxe in which at its next tier will turn from Ex/ a Wood Pickaxe to a Stone Pickaxe that was initially only able to mine Coal and Lapis but can now mine Emerald and Redstone as well.

However I don't see any reason for it to stop there. It can also involve Tiered Fishing Rods and Hoes. For the instance of Fishing Rods you will be fishing in areas that you designate as a specific level (tier) and then there you can fish for custom fish with configurable effects ( More/Less hunger, Strength, Speed, etc.) and then gain exp with the fishing rod so that you can increase its tier to fish at better spots and get better fish. For the hoes there will be set patches of farm that you can break(hoe) and then have a chance to gain the crops along with a delay of the next time you can break a crop. With the tiered hoe it will be able to get better chances to receive the crop. With the crops themselves they should have there own delay counter as well to regrow after time so they can be harvested like normal crops.

Along with the previous setup the items should be able to be damaged over time and if not repaired broken and repairable at anvils. Similar to regular items of course as well the higher the tier the more durability. With the damage of durability it should be noted that ores will have a specific drop chance (success rate) of mining/fishing/farming. With the tier system it will always have its max tier my assumption would be 4-5 tiers so it could match the pickaxes and when at its final tier you can no longer gain exp of course.

As a last moment of involvement one of the most desirable features would be the Stat Roll/Boosts when going to the next tier on an item. The pickaxe for example when proceeding from Tier 1 (Wood) to Tier 2 (Stone) it could have the chances to get possible rolls (listed below). This goes the same with Fishing and Farming however at its best it would be configurable to what the chances of receiving that boost and at what level it could be depending on the skill (pick/rod/hoe) as well what tier it is at.

NAME LEVELS DESCRIPTION
    Double Drop ( 2,4,6%chance of getting double. )
    Triple Drop ( 1,2,3% chance of getting triple. )
    Exp Buff ( 5,10,15% chance of getting 2x the exp from that drop. )
    Unbreakable ( 15,25,35% chance of not receiving damage from that drop. )
    Success Buff ( 8,14,20% increased chance of success. )

Ideas for commands:
    prof
    -/prof skill Being able to add stat rolls.
    -/prof give To give yourself or another player a Tiered item. (Pick/Hoe/Rod)
    -/prof exp To add exp to in hand/slot tiered item.

^ - Mainly for Administrators.

Ideas for permissions:
    profession.*

profession.use {
    profession.use.mining { In the sense of .use it would mainly be used in case you wanted to set a specific
    profession.use.farming { profession to donators or staff only.
    profession.use.fishing {
    profession.buy (If you were to have it so you can buy a Tier 1 (no exp) profession item from an npc/shop)
    profession.skill ( Permission for adding stat rolls/skills. ) -
    profession.give ( Permission for giving Tiered items ) - Admin/Operator Commands
    profession.exp ( Permission for adding exp to tiered item ) -

When I'd like it by: At Developers Convenience or at any case where of meeting at an agreeable stand point.

2. Offline

VexyTal

Bump.

3. Offline

87pen

@VexyTal
    Questions, will players in this adventure mode be able to break anything other than ores?
    Will players always be in this adventure mode?
    Do you want all exp and tiers to be saved to the item or the player, I see the plugin goes in def about tiered items but how would the professions work?
    What is the highest tier?
    I will work on this and post it here after I finish but it could take a while depending on my schedule.

4. Offline

VexyTal

@87pen People will not be able to break anything other then ores and crops which will return after a set time.
    Players will allways be in that adventure mode. The exp will be saved to the item so it can be traded and others can use that tier of a pick for example. The professions work as NPC's in my case. Where you would purchase a tool from the designated NPC at Tier 1 then gain exp by mining/fishing/ or farming with the tool.

The tool will then gain exp and after gaining enough it will reach Tier 2 and transform into the next item if its a pickaxe ( wood-stone-iron-gold-diamond ). The highest tier will be Tier 5. And each tier will be much harder to reach but the higher tiered ores will give more exp. And when going to the next tier it will then have a chance to get one of the rolls. The higher level/higher percent rolls will be less likely to get at lower tiers.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask, and as said before it is at the developers convenience.
    As well if you have any interest I am also going to work toward getting a Tiered armor system with level restrictions.

5. Offline

87pen

@VexyTal
    Sounds good to me, I will start on it soon and hopefully have it sent to you in the next week. I will tag you if I have any more questions.

6. Offline

VexyTal

Allright thank you, I look forward to your work.

7. Offline

VexyTal

@87pen Current Status Update?

8. Offline

87pen

I have pickaxes finished, when you break an ore in the plugins adventure mode(You can put players into this via command. Also can choose for players to be auto placed in this adventure mode on Join in config) the ore respawns after 10 seconds(10 seconds by default can be configured in the config.) Coal right now gives 2 exp but the exp given by an ore will be able to be configured as well as the max amount of exp you need to tier up will be able to configured.
    All I need to do is the hoes, fishing rods and clean up my code and then i'll send it to you. Sorry it's taking so long I had a final yesterday and I have a final Wednesday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Offline

VexyTal

Allright looking good, keep up the progress.

10. Offline

87pen

Due to unfortunate circumstances I have been unable to continue this. My computers hard drive has become toast and all the progress on my current projects have been lost :/ If anyone want's to take over this project they can but i'm not sure how long it will take to get my computer fixed.

11. Offline

VexyTal

Bump: Anyone care to look into this.

12. Offline

VexyTal

Continuation to this plugin is hoped for, as well I hope someone will take up this project. BUMP

13. Offline

VexyTal

Bump once Again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.