Question Does this follow EULA?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by BladdonB, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BladdonB

I want to make a VIP only arena, but would that be against EULA? I am asking this question, I don't want to know about how other servers like scavenger don't follow EULA please help me as soon as possible!

2. @BladdonB "Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
    No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers."

Taken right from http://mojang.com

3. Offline

oceantheskatr

They choose not to follow it. They will accept the EULA in eula.txt, however continue to ignore it, as people always have until recently. So many people do it and they all get away with it. If you choose to ignore the EULA, then that's your choice. Otherwise, you can look up "EULA-friendly Minecraft server perks" on Google and you'll come up with lots of different ideas.

To keep it as simple as possible, you want to stick to giving cosmetic perks, such as cool hats, pets, trails like flint, void particles, code, etc., coloured names in chat. The list goes on.

Another cool thing you can do is give access to something server-wide. Instead of one person getting $100,000 when they donate, then everyone on the server gets $x when a player donates. Or maybe instead of one person getting spawn eggs, a few pop in to everyone's inventories if a player donates. As long as it's equal and no one person gets an advantage over others for donating, it's fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.