Displaying a unique scoreboard to players

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by big02001, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

big02001

So im making a plugin that has to do with a scoreboard, everything works, but if 2 players join the game, they see the same scoreboard, with both values, acc1 and acc2's names on it, if you know what I mean, what code would I use to display a scoreboard with unique info to a unique player? Kind of like how on mineplex it displays YOUR info, not someone elses, thanks in advance

2. Offline

ferrago

big02001 You seem to be a bit new, here is a really nice API that can accomplish exactly what you are trying to do. If you would like to learn how it is done I recommend looking at that project's github it is open source.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mccore/

3. Offline

Konato_K

Create a new scoreboard for each player

4. Offline

big02001

ferrago Thanks for that! It looks really cool! But im looking to make a standalone plugin, and I have all the code done, I just need to add in this one little thing, I dont feel like re writing it to suit a API when I feel like im really close to finishing it without it, if you could show me some code for doing it, that would be amazing!

Ya... I know that much.. .Im asking HOW to do that

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  5. Offline

Xyplo

big02001 Depending on the situation, do a for look, if it's going to update, then make it inside (or outside) a scheduler. and use the instance of the player to get the info, I have a pretty simple scoreboard tutorial, but it doesn't update. I'll leave it here

6. Offline

big02001

Xyplo Hey, I think that might be exactly what I need, just with some modifying, my only question is how would I then modify the objectives/scoreboards we set up within the setupScoreboard(player)? If it is possible, that would be AWESOME!

7. Offline

Konato_K

big02001 If you want us to help you with your code why don't you show us what you have done? So we can help better :)

8. Offline

big02001

Konato_K Here it is! And I just tried to add what Xyplo showed me, so just add the scoreboard/objective creating to the top of the code, in the main class, then thats what I had that kinda-worked, but not really, thanks for the help :)

Edit.... Im so sorry, im a derp http://pastebin.com/HnhZ1fPs

Xyplo So about that tutorial any ideas on how to make it do what I want?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.