Display two custom inventories (top & bottom) ?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by LambdaUser, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LambdaUser

Hello !
    Is it possible to display two custom inventories (created with Bukkit.createInventory()), and how ?
    One at the top like a chest inventory, and one at the bottom instead of the player's inventory.

Thanks !
    (Sorry for my bad language, I just learn English. ;))

2. Offline

spoony_loony

LambdaUser

Actually, I'm almost certain that it isn't possible to display two inventories. Could you give us an example of what you are trying to achieve (server and/or video)?

3. Offline

LambdaUser

I misspoke, it was a question and not a statement. Excuse me, I corrected.

4. Offline

Conarnar

You could just save the player's inventory then set the contents to the second inventory's items.

5. Offline

LambdaUser

Conarnar, I tought about it, but I can't customize the number of slots or the title of player's inventory...

6. Offline

Barinade

You can create a copy of the player's inventory, clear it, load the items from the 'custom inventory' into it, then undo all of that when it's closed

Good chance of losing items if you don't do it right, test as much as you can before adding it to anything you don't wish to mess up.

7. Offline

LambdaUser

That is why I can not use player's inventory, and why I want to use a custom inventory instead.
    But if it is not possible to not display the player's inventory and display a custom inventory instead, never mind,
    I asked just in case.

8. Offline

Garris0n

It is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.