Development build server protocol

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Minnymin3, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Minnymin3

I was wondering what the protocol is for a dev build server (in my case its just a dropbox but I am planning to setup a CI soon) and want to make sure that I am not breaking any rules or anything. Is there anything I should do? Heres the link to the disclaimer I have linked on my BukkitDev page http://minnymin3.github.io/Wiki/zephyrus-build.html

2. Offline

greatman

Any CI like TeamCity/Jenkins/Bamboo/Others are fine. For home-made CI's, the policy depends of how it looks.

3. Offline

Gravity

We do not allow "home-made CIs", period.
    DropBox links are certainly not allowed, and are not considered 'dev build servers'.

4. Offline

autoit4you

Gravity
    Is it possible to let BukkitDev Staff review a link, before you put it on the project page?

5. Offline

afistofirony

The link address could change, without approval.

6. Offline

Gravity

This.

We can't monitor all pages all the time. Our policy is designed to allow an exception to our rule to allow developers a much-needed outlet to release dev builds without approval. We are not, however, going to stretch it any further than we have already done.

7. Offline

autoit4you

I mean that I could send the link to a BukkitDev Staff to take a look if it is allowed within the CI policy. I am not saying that BukkitDev Staff should also monitor every page.

8. Offline

Gravity

You can send it to us, but we're likely not going to approve anything that isn't an established Continuous Integration solution.

9. Offline

Deathmarine

A great majority of our policies are in place because something has happened before causing the need for the policy.

A Continuous Integration Service as defined by Wikipedia.
    See more @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration

Now with this in mind if your [Continuous Integration] server does not fit this definition then it will not be accepted. Regardless your principle need for reconstructing a continuous integration service and as Gravity previously mentioned we will not accept anything that does not openly fit the previous discussed description.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.