Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

7eggert

Yesterday or the day before, one of my plugins auto-downloaded Spout 1.01. I had to manually upgrade.

3. Offline

Adam6120

I'm running the plugins Factions, AdminsCanFly, AntiCreeper, AutoAnnouncer, Backup, bColoredChat, Biomesound, bMobs, Essentials, EssentialsChat, EssentialsGeoIP, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, Exile, HeroicDeath, i
    Conomy, MobRider, Permissions, SignShops, Spout, SpoutEssentials, VanishNoPickup, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, AmbientSeasons, BCMusic, mcMMO, RyveMusic.

4. Offline

triggerhapp

@Adam6120

5. Offline

Frogging101

Name of project: Spout
    Project version/build: 1.0.2.126
    CraftBukkit build: 1060
    Description of issue:
    The server is running normally, everything works fine, free memory at 150 MB or so. Then suddenly, the attached error appears in the console, with something about spout in it. The free memory immediately drops to 0, and the server must be restarted.

Steps to reproduce: Unknown. It can happen within minutes of the server starting up, or it will run fine for hours until it crashes. Since it can crash so quickly after starting the server, I don't think my players are doing anything in particular that causes it.

Link to error log: http://pastebin.com/6Drq6Cqc

6. Offline

timoun

"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
    You need to allocate more memory for your server, you cna do it with Xms and Xmx with a script

7. Offline

Frogging101

I saw that. But the thing is the server is running find 5 seconds before it happens (Like 150MB free memory). A few seconds later, something breaks, spout/bukkit gives an error, the memory tanks to 0 instantly and the server needs to be restarted. I never had problems like this before 1060, and the only thing I installed other than bukkit 1060 was Spout.

I'll give my plugin list too if it's helpful.

Plugins: Lockette, WorldEdit, CommandBook, WorldGuard, ChestShop, Permissions, OpenInv, ClayGen, iConomy, Essentials, AuthMe, Residence, Sortal, MultiHome, iChat, VanishNoPickup, WorldBorder, MessageManager, Statistician, Multiverse-Core, Minequery, Spout, AutoKick, dynmap, CraftIRC, MultiInv, LogBlockQuestioner, NoCheat, LogOres, FoundDiamonds, SimpleSignEdit, Sleep, Multiverse-Portals, LogBlock

All up-to-date AFAIK.

8. Offline

timoun

try to set ChunkDataCache to false in setting.yml in spout folder. Maybe it could fix this issue ;)

9. Offline

RchGrav

Are you using the same method or something different?

10. Offline

Zach00123

11. Offline

RchGrav

@Top_Cat @SpoutDev

I have a question about the runtime options for the Spout Client.. I added -Xmn based upon reading different JVM docs floating around the net.

Official Java documentation recommends that it should be set at 1/3 of the Xmx..

Would using the -Xmn384n actually have any benefit for the Spoutcraft client? My understanding is that newly created objects are initially created as Young Generation in the heap, and then become Old Generation if they survive one or more garbage collections.

It seems that adding this option would allow for GC to be more effective without being an overly specific tuning option like some of the other ones that seem to be more machine specific like the number of cpu core's, available contiguous memory, or processor architecture.

So my runtime settings end up being.. -Xgcinc -Xmx1024m -Xmn384n

I'm using these option's on the launcher I made... but I hesitate to recommend it without a second opinion.. So far it seems to be good.... MAYBE even better?... But for all I know it could be completely pointless, or even detrimental.

-Rich

12. Offline

robmcdonald5

posibly make a mini map that opens up your servers dynamic map? i dont think a reguliar mini map for a mp server could be made maby im rong but that dousn't sound posible to code.

13. Offline

Hempa

why did u put in so u can have day all time? :( xD

14. Offline

Chronx6

Like he said:
    Looks like a lot of chunk errors in that log. Try that and let us know if it fixes it.

15. Offline

SilencShadoW

i though about if the server loaded the chunks but the delay of 1.5 seconds are still there :(
    Is there anything i can change to reduce the delay? ... cant move with Worldedit compass under this laggs

16. Offline

Frogging101

I already had that set. It is not fixed.

17. Offline

Devboi

Spout has started making my server say End Of Stream when people try to connect -

Just updated to CB 1060#

Any thoughts?
    thanks

18. Offline

bitch_killer

Can any body help me i get a error

([world] -450.53125, 64.5, 162.8125)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] java.lang.AbstractMethodError: me.desmin88.mobdisguise.listene
    rs.PacketListener.checkPacket(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.listener.FakeListener.ch
    eckPacket(FakeListener.java:17)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.PacketListeners.ca
    nSend(PacketListeners.java:54)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncedSendPa
    cket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:457)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPac
    ketQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:449)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetSe
    rverHandler.java:434)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :105)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:451)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:361)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    22:16:23 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError: me.desmin88.mobdisguise.listeners.PacketListener.
    checkPacket(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.listener.FakeListener.checkPacket(FakeLi
    stener.java:17)
    at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.PacketListeners.canSend(PacketList
    eners.java:54)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncedSendPacket(SpoutNetSer
    verHandler.java:457)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPacketQueue(SpoutNe
    tServerHandler.java:449)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java
    :434)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

19. Offline

genfinternet

Hi there,
    With my normal minecraft without spout (with GSLS shader mod), i have 110fps or more, (and i've set every setting to max).
    And with spout, with low setting i got like 20fps...
    But for my friends, spout work correctly, so anybody know what's happening with me ?

(sry for my english)

20. Small bug; if you set in the options when you log in for spout to not be able to access the clip board, that preference is only remembered for the first time you log into a server. After the first time, it reverts to being able to.

Slightly larger, more annoying bug; If I allow spoutcraft access to my clipboard, typing C without any modifiers performs the copy function rather than typing a C, and V without any modifiers inserts whatever's in the clipboard rather than a V. Surely these keys were only supposed to perform those functions when pressed with a modifier key (like command or control) held down?

21. Offline

narrowtux

Sometimes it helps when you press the control key to reset the pressed state of the key.

22. Offline

AshFightsRobots

Simple enough, i hadn't updated craft bukkit since MC 1.7.1, that was the problem, sorry to waste your time but thanks xD I Amaze my self with my level of stupidity at times.

23. Offline

EMOberger

This happens often to one of my server members, He disconnects than this is shown on the server prompt:
    Code:
    2011-08-18 17:04:53 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
    2011-08-18 17:04:53 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    2011-08-18 17:04:53 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:53 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:53 [INFO] Connection reset
    2011-08-18 17:04:53 [SEVERE]     at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:116)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:116)
    2011-08-18 17:04:54 [INFO] WutDuhPho lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    2011-08-18 17:04:56

24. Offline

Frogging101

My players and I can't login half the time. Craftbukkit 1060, spout 133. Error says disconnect.overflow

25. Offline

7eggert

Yes, you need to upgrade spout manually to version 1.02.

PS: Spout's chunk caching used too much memory for me, so it caused lags by pushing things into the swap space that should stay in memory.

Regarding java's minimum heap size, setting it differently from the max size may help for programs with varying heap sizes. I don't expect minecraft to be one of these programs.

26. Offline

Philip Blair

Spout is awesome! The only thing that I really would like to see is the ability to use things like Controlpack and Minimap mod.

Keep on working! :D

27. Offline

OneAngrySam

I would love if fog toggle would reload the map like it does without spout.
    The lag gets too bad without it.

28. Offline

andrewkm

Great plugin! Thanks! :)

29. Offline

Frogging101

Okay. I have confirmed that the server no longer runs out of memory when I disable spout. It works fine. FIX PLEASE!

CB 1060, spout 133

30. Offline

georgiel

Have you heard of RPGmakers on youtube?

This could potentially do what they have wanted for a while, a way to mod a client and then remove all the mods when done with the server.

31. Offline

spikeof2010

Hm.
    Name of project: Spoutcraft
    Project version/build: 1.0.2.115
    CraftBukkit build: 1060
    Description of issue: Can't find host of server
    Steps to reproduce: Simply tried to connect to this server IP:46.105.108.72:25569
    Something to do with the host, I'm guessing, any reason why it isn't working?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.