Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

Kane

So my suggestion for spout is to implement some kind of pls streaming music on the client. They do it through second life and such and it's amazing. Maybe push the url to the client and it can play streaming music?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLS_(file_format)

Not sure if that is possible well it is but hmm..

3. Offline

K900

Yup. On a copyrighted Minecraft game. You can't patent an idea.

4. Offline

Geoff Winans

You have no valid claim, kid.

You really need to talk to a lawyer before you get yourself in serious trouble. Invalid DMCA claims can be met with significant fines. Just being on this forum and threatening a DMCA claim is putting you in hot water. The appropriate way to handle DMCA claims is to submit a DMCA notice and await response.

5. Offline

arco123

I did, I honestly just posted it in here and a whole shitstorm evolved.

I'm going to stop posting here, my point has been made and if you guys don't want to understand this, okay.

I'm awaiting response from the devs.

6. Offline

K900

Later, that is. The Licensing page shows that now.

7. Offline

Dephurites

You do realize that that very decorative piece of digital art doesn't say that others are not allowed to use this 'idea' that is probably older than anyone posting here?

EDIT: Nowhere does it even claim the idea of a server list to be its own, but just as a feature.

8. Offline

K900

Alrighty. I just asked my friend. He's a professional lawyer for like 10 years. And he said your claims are trash.

9. Offline

Geoff Winans

I'm sorry, I don't see a valid DMCA notice/claim. You should consult with iDEPOT. You've already failed to heed their advice and made your "idea" public. Your idea is no longer novel nor can it be patented.

10. Offline

arco123

You know the patent has been requested and reviewed by a lawyer, right?

11. Offline

Kane

12. Offline

K900

I know that it's no patent.

13. Offline

croxis

No you have an idea for it. Unless you have submitted a patent (which is what this would fall under, not copyright) and had it approved by the US patent office, it enters the realm of common law copyright/patents, which requires you to actually use and develop said idea and be able to demonstrate that you developed it first.

We are also dealing with the layer of international law as well, which makes things much more fun.

14. Offline

arco123

15. Offline

Kane

No point just wanted you guys to stop using the fucking forums and use one them methods to talk.

Saul R.W, Pythros and Sniper3 like this.
  16. Offline

Raycrash

Ok back to topic for a moment now ?
    When I use spoutcraft the world loads drastically slower ? any fix ?
    [​IMG]

17. Offline

Greyson

Im sorry if this has already been covered, but whenever I double click it it pops up with like a command prompt page and closes rapidly.So I tried the alternative method and it says java is not an acceptable something. Sorry I don't remember and I'm not home right now but please help :D

18. Offline

arco123

How do you want me to do that?

19. Offline

Geoff Winans

What you do not have:
    • A unique idea (proven by server lists in other games)
    • A novel idea (proven by server lists in other games, by notch adding it in 1.8)
    What you do have:
    • Failure to understand how the DMCA works
    • Failure to understand IP laws
    • Failure to understand patents/patent law
    • Failure in posting your "unique" and "novel" idea publically when iDepot says, quite specifically, to not do so.
    • Successfully harmed the nil chance you had of getting a patent in the first place.
    If you intend to lay claim to buddy/server lists in Minecraft, you will have to battle Notch over it. He's doing it, too.

You will also have to battle every other piece of software that offers buddy/server lists.. which is almost every multiplayer game out there these days.

As said in a previous response:
    Notch is implementing this in 1.8

His post on Tumblr alone stating as much makes this idea not patentable.

Am I a lawyer? Nope.avi

But I understand the concepts better than you, quite apparently.

Rycochet, Saul R.W and Wulfspider like this.
  20. Offline

Dephurites

Reviewing the pretty document one last time, I noticed that it protects the intellectual property of the modification to minecraft, 'mcOverhaul'. This DOES NOT mean all the features are also protected. The server list is only mentioned in the description.

21. Offline

Deva5tat0r

I have been messing around with trying to get my mods to work with spoutcraft. At first I tried just adding Spoutcraft to my already modded .minecraft. This was able to run using the normal minecraft launcher and load Spoutcraft and all the mods and it used the .spoutcraft saves and texture packs, but it crashed when I entered a world. Then I tried adding Spoutcraft to a fresh minecraft.jar and it worked perfectly using the normal minecraft launcher. So I started adding my mods in to see which one was causing the crash. Modloader and Modloader MP worked, but when I added the Audio mod it did the same thing that happened when I tried adding Spoutcraft to my modded .minecraft. Then I put all my mods in (most them say they require the Audio mod) without the Audio mod and it works, just without all the sounds for the mods.

22. Offline

arco123

[​IMG]

23. Offline

Wulfspider

Drag-dropping other mods that overwrite Spoutcraft's modified files and hoping everything works is not a good solution.

Are you using that ore obfuscation plugin or a modified craftbukkit.jar?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  24. Offline

Dephurites

Yes, I know it implements those. Now what tells me that you patented that? You patented mcOverhaul, not its features.

25. Offline

Wulfspider

26. Offline

Top_Cat

Optifine and HD textures are built in and by trying and failing to install mods yourself you have proved our repeated point of not editing spoutcraft, don't do it.

27. Offline

Raycrash

No, I do not because I can read unlike a lot of people :p

Fresh server install even (only dynmap and spout) and spoutcraft (only with texturepack)

edit: up down scrolling in chat + copy pasting + being able to delete chars withotu the whole message is so awesome!

28. Offline

shadydeath999

Pythros likes this.
  29. Offline

Wulfspider

Open a request on the issue track so Afforess can see and we can keep track of it easier. He is the lead developer.

I'm not sure then. You'll have to wait from a response from one of our devs who works on that part of it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  30. Offline

arco123

Please add me on Skype so we can discuss this issue.

31. Offline

Wulfspider

You will be contacted when we are ready to talk to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.