Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

Sniper3

DMCA only protects copyrighted works, which your's is not.

3. Offline

arco123

4. Offline

shadydeath999

no really unless you have any proof they took it from you the fact you stated is useless and actually you still cant do anything since its still part of minecraft/bukkit
    and realyl anybody can come up with the idea and then again did notch approve this?
    since he and mojang are still he owners of minecraft

5. Offline

K900

6. Offline

arco123

It's multi-lingual

*Sigh* why do you guys have to be so difficult? Just take it off, it's not that much of a problem.. I showed the patent and I don't feel like filing anything official.

7. Offline

Top_Cat

This is not a patent, it is a confimation you gave someone a file; if that, as the signature shows problems. This server browser does not copy yours and you cannot possibly hope to have copyright something that has existed on nearly every game ever. I wish you good luck, but you have no case.

8. Offline

K900

Don't you think patent trolling sucks?

9. Offline

Trowland

ATM, BananaRegion, BukkitUpdater, CheckPoints, DailyBonus, DeathPenalty, dynmap, HealMe, iConomy, iConomyChestShop, ItemCommandRepair, MultiVerse, NoCheat, Permissions, RawcriticsOreObfuscation, RegionMonsterRemove, Slots, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WurkIt.

craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar (7/22/2011) (Modified for ore packet obfuscation)
    Latest Spout

10. Offline

arco123

http://www.boip.int/en/generalIP.html
    Ideas

Everyone is entitled to have an idea. In principle, therefore, it is impossible to protect ideas. However, it often makes sense to record a creation date, for example to prove that you are the author of a copyright-protected work or that you are the person who devised a format for a TV gameshow (NB. Such format protection is only possible under certain circumstances). br/> Another example is where you are creating a design or invention, and during the initial phase prior to design protection or copyright protection you are concerned that someone might steal your idea.

11. Offline

Sniper3

I-Depot =/= Patent.

Hell, it even says it right there on their website. You still wouldn't have a case even if you did copyright and patent it since this server list looks nothing like yours and, to be frank, server lists are not something new.

12. Offline

arco123

Truly useless post, if you don't have anything sensible to add then please stop posting.

I'm willing to take this up with the developers team. Do you guys have Skype?

And this actually IS a patent, it's what I paid for.

13. Offline

K900

Do you *really want* to remove the server list from spout? Are you selling your stuff or something? What's so bad about it anyway?

14. Offline

shadydeath999

i dont think the development team does actually care about you and youre no case
    and if you dont make a big point out of it why did you even bother posting it at 1st then?

15. Offline

arco123

I don't think anyone would want a problem here, especially not when patents are involved, if you're not experienced with it then I'm going to ask you to stop discussing about the subject.

16. Offline

K900

Holy cow. Do you want to make money of it? Or are you just sooo happy that you made that server list that you can't stand anyone else doing the same? It's not a patent anyway. /thread

17. Offline

Geoff Winans

You lack a case. You also lack the ability to grok the fact that server lists are pretty much impossible to patent due to the significant existence of server lists for many multiplayer games.

You ready to go after Blizzard? Their client provides a server list.
    You ready to go after almost every Valve game ever release? Their client provides a server list.

Your idea is neither original, nor unique. Nor is it patented. You've already lost.

But hey, go ahead and abuse that DMCA.

EDIT:

You've already broken the rules of i-depot. Fail.

18. Offline

shadydeath999

you are the one who started it
    and you noted before that you dont make a point out of it so why did you bother posting it then?

19. Offline

Kane

I don't know who or what the fucks going on here. But my buddy @Afforess and @Raphfrk Are going be adding a server list through Spout Client.

If you don't like it then you can sue me when my dick rips out one of your eyes.

20. Offline

croxis

21. Offline

arco123

This is about Minecraft, I have no copyright or the right to edit a game made by Blizzard.

As I said, I'm happy to talk with the developers about this to avoid any copyright claims.

22. Offline

shadydeath999

they already have server list :p

23. Offline

arco123

That also..

24. Offline

K900

Who gave you the right to mod Minecraft? Blizzard even has an official editor for SC2. Minecraft has nothing. The modding is about decompiling/recompiling Notch code. FAIL.

25. Offline

shadydeath999

you cant copyright claim it in anyway since mojang can also start going against you

26. Offline

arco123

If you couldn't edit Minecraft then de-obfuscation and editing would forbidden, just like spreading the Minecraft jar.

You guys obviously aren't getting the point, I'll talk with the dev team and we'll see what happens.

27. Offline

shadydeath999

notch allowed the modding after a while but still you cant claim copyright on a mod made on a copyright claimed game
    atleast not official copyright

28. Offline

K900

LAWL. Notch forbids modifying/redistributing Minecraft. No, seriously.

29. Offline

arco123

I don't have a copyright for the game Minecraft, I have a copyright for the idea of making a buddy-and server list on the game Minecraft.

30. Offline

shadydeath999

if he forbids modding of the game then why is he going to release thw source?

31. Offline

arco123

That comment was a failure, sorry.

32. Offline

shadydeath999

wich cant run without minecraft thus needs notchs permission to claim copyright on it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.