Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

fffizzz

you're using a dev version of bukkit, likely 1042? revert to 1000 OR wait till spout is updated.

3. Offline

Bloodykittens

I wish there was a way so that when a player connects. He/She automatically downloads and installs the spout client version on to their machine. Kind of like how in source games they download maps before connecting.
    This would never be possible would it?

4. Offline

Ogm

I'll wager that this has been mentioned before, but I don't know how many players are going to be comfortable plugging their Minecraft username and password into a third-party launcher. Unauthorized forms are pretty much the de-facto way of stealing people's information online.

That's not to say that I think that is what Spout is doing -- I've already tried out the launcher (I don't use it because I can't use both Spout and OptiFine). But it would be hard to argue that there is not a tangible stigma against third-party launchers like this.

Would it be possible to make a version of the client mod that is just that -- a client mod? Does it need to include the launcher as well?

5. Offline

Stephen304

It would be a security issue I think since someone could make something similar to the spout client that does malicious things. It's like source games downloading an .exe, not a map. I think a better comparison would be Minecraft downloading custom audio files, mods, textures, and scripts.

I agree, I think have the launcher as an option for people who want an easy 1 click solution but also have a mod version that can be installed over the normal minecraft install which allows users to still use the default launcher if they wish.

6. Offline

alta189

We are considering adding better grass

You are not supposed to mod .spoutcraft

Nope

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  7. Offline

magmahydro

alta, is the memory glich fixed or are you still workin on it?

8. Offline

alta189

The initial reason we created the launcher was because we were tired hearing about how we ruined peoples single player mods. The source is on github if you do not trust the launcher.
    The reason we have not officially released the client mod, was because we had to change in the actual game files to output the games to .spoutcraft instead of .minecraft. However, I am working on changing it so that it will detect if it is the vanilla launcher or the spoutcraft launcher and depending on which one output the game to .minecraft or .spoutcraft

I'm working on it. The big issue was I was in a big change when it was noticed, so I had to finish that first, it will come out sometime today (Its only 9:00 AM for me)

With what

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  9. Offline

RustyDagger

then that's their loss. look ur members are not going to be worried about it because soon its going to be so common.

10. Could you possibly integrate BetterGrass into the client-mod by default :D?

11. Offline

alta189

12. Offline

bik1230

@alta189 can't connect with spout launcher:
    Code:
    16:19:13 [INFO] [Spout] Successfully authenticated bik1230's Spoutcraft client. Running client version: 102
    16:19:13 [INFO] bik1230 lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream

It works with the vanilla client and i'm using bukkit build 1000.

13. Offline

alta189

Are you using dev mode?

14. Offline

Livin in a box

I don't know if it's Spout itself that is causing this, but I have been getting it since I updated some things so I thought that it could be Spout as I got some errors yesterday, but I'm still still getting this every time I place a block:

Code:
    15:46:57 [INFO] Livin_in_a_box [/192.168.0.4:56972] logged in with entity id 185
     at ([world] -415.6472486004225, 70.0, -117.65133916473462)
    15:46:57 [INFO] [AutoSave] AutoSaveThread Started: Interval is 300 seconds, Warn
     Times are 0
    15:47:13 [SEVERE] Player: Livin_in_a_box was not properly updated during login!
    15:47:22 [SEVERE] Player: Livin_in_a_box was not properly updated during login!
    >
    And ideas what it is? And if it's not Spout, anyone know what might be causing it?

15. Offline

bik1230

oh, thx

16. Offline

alta189

Do you have BukkitContrib

17. Offline

Livin in a box

I did, I've now removed it and that error has gone. Thanks!

18. @alta189
    Great, thanks for the quick reply :).

19. Offline

Albic

Code:
    2011-08-08 16:26:56 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 150
    2011-08-08 16:26:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.java:73)
    2011-08-08 16:26:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.g(NetworkManager.java:149)
    2011-08-08 16:26:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(NetworkManager.java:259)
    2011-08-08 16:26:56 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:84)
    Then the server crashes... what should i do?

20. Offline

alta189

Are you using a dev build?

21. Offline

Albic

i've Bukkit 1000...
    another error:
    Code:
    2011-08-08 17:35:42 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to Spout
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler cannot be cast to org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler
        at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.getNetServerHandler(SpoutCraftPlayer.java:504)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(SpoutPlayerListener.java:134)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:286)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:164)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

22. Offline

alta189

You are using Spout and BukkitContrib. You cannot do that

23. Offline

Albic

oh... i deleted it more than 3 times... it comes back.. damn

24. Offline

RustyDagger

@Albic you prob have some plugin like logblock that is outdated still auto downloading bukkitcontrib i updated my logblock to the new sprout version and that stopped it coming back. theres a few plugins around that auto download bukkitcontrib.

25. Offline

Ant59

Hey :) Just had an idea I wanted to share with you guys on the SpoutDev team. Seeing as you've created this custom launcher for Minecraft, and I don't know how far Mojang would let you go with customizing Minecraft in such a way, but would it be possible to allow server websites to have brand the Spoutcraft launcher with their logos and run it via one-click on their website through Java WebStart with the launcher starting Minecraft directly into the multiplayer menu with the server's IP added to the list ready to click connect. Server owners could then use this to provide a quick was to allow those who have purchased Minecraft to login to their own servers quickly with no messing around with IPs. Of course, I'm not sure how flexible Mojang would be allowing users to launch MC in such a way, but it would be far easier for players of Spout servers. Reckon it's possible?

26. Offline

Tauryuu

Is it possible to use Spout without a custom launcher?

27. Offline

Albic

@Tauryuu: Only the server version... You nedd the launcher for the client evrsion

28. Offline

Ant59

To better answer your question, you can use the server plugin for Spout on your server with no negative affect to normal Minecraft clients. However by using the client-side launcher (SpoutCraft), you are able to exploit a lot of interesting features in Minecraft that can allow a server with Spout to largely enhance your experience on that server.

If you are wondering whether you can mod the normal minecraft client instead of installing a seperate launcher, the answer to that is probably, yes, but why would you want to when it is far easier to just use the SpoutCraft client?

29. Offline

Stephen304

If we did do such a mod, would it still be able to self-update, or would we need to manually update the spout files?

30. Offline

Ant59

I repeat my question as to why on Earth you would want to mod the normal Minecraft? Spout won't work with ModLoader or any other mods if you're thinking about a server mod pack.

31. Offline

Stephen304

No I'm not thinking about modding it, I have some paranoid friends who don't understand code. It would make them feel better. It's not too much trouble for me to set it up for them, and I'm not asking for anyone else to make an automated installer that mods the normal install.

Before someone of authority posts about how it's hard to please everybody and that people wanted the launcher way before: this is because a lot of people wanted a simple way to install spout like the launcher, but a lot of people also like having it the bukkitcontrib way by modding the files manually. I think the best thing to do would be to make it so that people can use spout either way, using the launcher or manually modding the files.

Aww alta beat me to it, of course people wanted something like this, but a lot of people still like the old way of modding the files.

And sorry, I have a lot of friends who don't understand code and simply will not trust a 3rd part launcher.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.