Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

lollo333

ok my plugins are:
    [MC]AutoMessage
    autoshutdown
    bLift
    ChatCensor
    CraftBook
    CraftBookCircuits
    CraftBookMechanisms
    CraftBookVehicles
    Essentials
    EssentialsChat
    EssentialsSpawn
    iConomy
    InstaBreak
    MagicCarpet
    MoveCraft
    Permissions
    PermissionsSql
    playtime
    ResSign
    SwordsGame
    Tables
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    WorldWarp
    Spout
    AlwaysDay

3. Offline

Wulfspider

Probably SwordsGame as I believe it requires it.

4. Offline

lollo333

ok thanks for help!

5. Offline

AJCStriker

Could I ask, when roughly will you be able to mod in blocks with spout?

6. Offline

Wulfspider

7. Offline

Don Redhorse

afaik there is a version out there without spout dependency..

8. Offline

NinjaZidane

I am not trying to incite ANY negativity against NarrowTux but I think many are wondering why he is forcing a spout download in his libraries when he is not only apart of the Spout Dev team AND its hardly an issue to turn it off

Now I could submit the code to do so but I am unsure if it will even be accepted seeing as it hasn't been turned off yet (even with all the criticism) :/

9. Offline

CorruptionEX

if anyone can tell me, what is spoutcraft doing for 1.8? are they updating? i havent been able to find anything on the subjuect, cuz when ever i lacunh SpoutCraft, it says im on 1.7.3.... I cant use half the plugins for my 1.8 server =/

10. Offline

Wulfspider

The last few pages have been basically nothing but the subject of 1.8. :p
    We are working on it.

11. Offline

CorruptionEX

Thank you! <3 i cant w8

12. Offline

necavi

@Wulfspider You seem to be in a better mood than usual, enjoying getting a crack at updating to 1.8 or something? :p

13. Offline

Wulfspider

I'm not usually in a good mood? :confused:
    I'm not working on updating to 1.8 at all. Olloth and Top_Cat are on that right now.
    I'm working on various other projects for Spout right now.

14. Offline

necavi

Heh, interesting, I only mention it because you're tolerating repeat questions more than usual >>

15. Offline

Wulfspider

I always tolerate them. My answers usually just get shorter and shorter. :p

16. Offline

Afforess

AFAIK, he removed it in newer releases, and he did that before we invited him to the team.

17. Offline

AJCStriker

Are there betas of spout craft upcoming features?

18. Offline

F_Synchro

Applying for 1.8 testing, I'm continuously updating Bukkit builds right now, if you guys are building against a certain build, let me know, but I'm available for testing if you need.
    I used to use a modified BukkitContrib due to memory issues, the people who used to suffer those are not with me anymore on my server, so I guess, new update, new fresh start on the Spout project, if any of the Spout Dev's will reply, and ask me to go on IRC, I'll go on IRC.

19. Offline

Afforess

We call them development builds. You can view them here:

http://ci.craftfire.com/view/SpoutDev/

Use at your own peril.

The latest development builds of Spout should at least load on 1.8. However, they still have bugs. I repeat, they have bugs.

There are no Spoutcraft builds for 1.8.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  20. Offline

F_Synchro

That's okay, I'm loading them up on my server and will report any errors that return, for now the Spout-dev works fine, testing launcher soon.
    Are they on 1.8.1?

EDIT: Discovered the hard way that the launcher is NOT on 1.8.

21. Offline

Wulfspider

The client is not updated to 1.8+ yet, so therefore the launcher can't update anything.

22. Offline

F_Synchro

Not in a hurry either anyhow, Bukkit seems to have it's troubles with 1.8 too, I guess I'll settle back abit with Spout until a RB has been released from Bukkit.
    Oh oh only if a mob control plugin was out already, endermen are annoying as hell.

23. Offline

SparrowMaxx

Quick dev-related question for you guys.

I noticed that on older computers sound effects in minecraft tend to stutter. As such, I'd rather have custom .ogg sound effect files play as music over soundeffects to SoundManager to assure smooth playback over sound effects. Aside from some lack of control in distance, etc, is there a downside to this that I'm not aware of?

24. Offline

Afforess

It kills any active background music already playing.

25. Offline

Sayshal

Latest DEV build glitch: trying to move/craft stuff in your inventory t hrows it out of your hand! (unable to craft ANYTHING)

26. Offline

Afforess

I'd suggest you demand a refund from any education institution you have attended recently:

27. Offline

Buckethead

28. Offline

Afforess

29. Offline

novek

I don't now why (AutoUpdate?) but my Spout.jar was today a complete other JAR file. (1.1.339 with 930kb) I've stwiched back to 227, because the new seems to generate errors.

Code:
    2011-09-16 03:42:06 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer cannot be cast to org.getspout.spoutapi.player.SpoutPlayer
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer cannot be cast to org.getspout.spoutapi.player.SpoutPlayer
        at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.EntitySpawnListener.checkPacket(EntitySpawnListener.java:24)
        at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.PacketListeners.canSend(PacketListeners.java:76)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncedSendPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:504)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPacketQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:496)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPacketQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:489)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:477)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-09-16 03:42:06 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer cannot be cast to org.getspout.spoutapi.player.SpoutPlayer
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer cannot be cast to org.getspout.spoutapi.player.SpoutPlayer
        at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.EntitySpawnListener.checkPacket(EntitySpawnListener.java:24)
        at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.PacketListeners.canSend(PacketListeners.java:76)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncedSendPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:504)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPacketQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:496)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPacketQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:489)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:477)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    I set AutoUpdate now to false, but it's possible that another Server-Admin has installed 339 last night.

30. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

See, I expected no less, hence the surprise xD
    Seriously though, I didn't mean to offend @narrowtux o.o

Lol, after looking at a beginner's explanation at world gen, it appeared to me as though arrays define the shapes of the landscape block by block to then generate (I could be wrong), so I figure rather than write these arrays to define chances for ores and shapes and sizes and biomes from scratch, there should be example code extracts available in the resources section which could then be modified. I'm not getting any feedback about it though so I assume I am extremely wrong about the basics of world gen plugins :\

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  31. Offline

Buckethead

and server 1.8 isnt even here yet though im sure it will be soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.