Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

Wulfspider

What version of the client? Have you tried launching it manually using the instructions in the first post of this thread to set the max memory for it to use?

Have you tried launching it manually using the instructions in the first post of this thread to set the max memory for it to use? I don't know what OS you are running as you didn't specify, but look at the instructions in the first post.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  3. Offline

Guyovich

I'll try to run it manually. The resources looks empty BTW. It only has the folder "newsound"
    Im on Mac.

This doesn't work:
    java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar Spoutcraft.jar

It says: "Unable to access jar file Spoutcraft.jar"
    What do i do?
    I put it into terminal. clicked enter. Im on Mac
    I need to go to sleep. Please help me and i'll try whatever you say in the morning.
    THANKS!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

The_Camshaft

I'm in the exact same boat as him including the same Spoutcraft version and operating system. I also find that sometimes on attempting to launch Spoutcraft it just crashes. This leads me to believe maybe I do need to assign more memory to it. However when typing these in the Terminal it simply cannot access/find it.

If I was to use it in TextEdit when I attempt to save it ass spoutcraft.command it says the ".command" file type is not a supported file type. Also where should I place this text file, inside of /Application Support/spoutcraft/ ?

5. Offline

Wulfspider

I don't think any of us really use Mac except for @narrowtux perhaps. I'll be getting a Mac instance setup so I can help further though.

You could try this:

Ensure you have followed the download step before proceeding.
    Create a folder, if you haven't already, and put Spoutcraft.jar into it. For example, create a folder on the Desktop named Spoutcraft and drag the jar file into it. Open TextEdit, set the format to plain text (Format > Make Plain Text), copy and paste in the following code, and save the file as "Spoutcraft.command" in the same folder as Spoutcraft.jar.
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd "$(dirname "$0")"
    exec java -Xms1G -Xmx2G -jar Spoutcraft.jar
    This will give the launcher enough RAM to run. The amount of RAM can be changed by editing the 1G to something else, such as 2G for 2 GB. Open Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal). Type in chmod a+x , with a space after it, then drag and drop the Spoutcraft.command file into the terminal window, then press enter. (This gives run permission to the script.)
    Double-click the Spoutcraft.command file to start the launcher.

We'll have an .app eventually once I get it building correctly and the update process is refined.

6. Offline

mario00037

Name of project: Spoutcraft
    Spoutcraft Version: 165
    CraftBukkit build: 1060
    Description of issue: I have a really good graphics card. And I have all the video setting set to the make to get what I paid for. The problem is that by default Spoutcraft on runs on 1023 mb of ram. I want to use 4.
    Steps to reproduce: I know I can change how much ram it's going to run on in terminal, but I dont want to open up terminal, copy and paste, and everything. Can you add a option to change how much ram is start's of with without having to go threw terminal. If you can, i'll be happy.

Make a new folder called SpoutCraft> put "Spoutcraft.jar" in that folder. Open up terminal and type "CD" put a space after it and then drag the Spoutcaft folder I told you to make into terminal and press enter, after that type "Spoutcraft.jar" it should then say "Command not Found" , after that type this or copy and paste. java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar Spoutcraft.jar Now it should work.

Make a new folder called SpoutCraft> put "Spoutcraft.jar" in that folder. Open up terminal and type "CD" put a space after it and then drag the Spoutcaft folder I told you to make into terminal and press enter, after that type "Spoutcraft.jar" it should then say "Command not Found" , after that type this or copy and paste. java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar Spoutcraft.jar Now it should work.

7. Offline

The_Camshaft

Everything is working perfectly now. Thank you for all of your help.
    Looking forward to the .app as not even the directions for this workaround would be intuitive to most.

8. Offline

Mash

Permission support was a joke, more or less making fun of the people that scream "no permissions" on every new plugin.

That said; I did read the OP, in it's entirety, before creating my post.
    I generally agree with your opinion, but until shit is ported or created for Spout, it remains a "super flaw that killed a marvelous project."

I do see, however, that doing it this way will force faster compliance from external authors at the sacrifice of a larger user-base.

9. Offline

narrowtux

Sacrifice? Are you sure?
    Users are currently sacrificing of the inconvenient way to install mods and watch for possible incompatibilities.
    With spoutcraft, no more!

10. Offline

QQCucumber

11. Offline

Wolfbane

Is it possible to make spoutcraft.jar into a spoutcraft.exe file?
    If so please do =)

12. That would be pointless and incompatible with Linux and Mac.

13. Offline

mario00037

There is no point. The .jar extension is from java.... minecraft runs on java.

14. It's not pointless. Look at the current Minecraft Launcher - there's a Jar version, an exe version, and a Mac version. The mac and exe simply contain the jar built in.

In other news I've packaged Spoutcraft's launcher for OSX, I'm just creating the icon and I'll submit a pull request.

I also find the first post untidy - both my mates were unsure if they HAD to download the client as well or not - there should be distinctive instructions/downloads for server, developer, and client.

15. It is pointless, because a .jar executable is able to be ran on any OS. There is no need for an .exe aswell. Yes, the current launcher does have those options, but I still maintain that it's pointless to have a .exe and Mac version alongside the .jar version.

I'm not sure how your mates had that problem, it quite clearly has "Developer", "User" or "Server Admin" above each of the downloads.

16. Offline

Pomme72

Hi,

I have put AllowVisualCheats=true and AllowVisualCheats=false in my config, but no one worked : My players can alway do f3 for see mobs and stuff..

Help please ! :)

Ty ^^

17. Hello, we encounter errors with Spout! We get "event PLAYER_JOIN" errors and Spout seems to disable Multiverse 1.7.x! Im wondering if Spout is intended to work with CB1000, too?

Name of project: Spout
    Project version/build: 1.0.2.134 / 134
    CraftBukkit build: 1000
    Description of issue: event PLAYER_JOIN errors, disables Multiverse 1.7.x
    Steps to reproduce: happens at every start on player join
    Link to error log: http://pastie.org/2421935

18. Offline

narrowtux

We're planning to provide launchers for windows (.exe) and Mac OS X (.app).
    They will be built automaticAlly by our build server so it's no problem for us ;)

19. Offline

Afforess

The client API is coming, it's just moving slowly because we are focusing on two things:

1. Doing it right (TM) &
    2. Making is secure (as in if you're using the official download, no client mods will hurt your computer)
    ATM, if you install client mods, they usually wreck MC's code, and are totally insecure.

20. Offline

CompuIves

Name of project: Spoutcraft
    Project version/build: 1.0.2.165 / 165
    Description of issue: Can't download texturepacks/sounds from the server.
    Steps to reproduce: Nothing, it was for me from the beginning the same.
    Link to error log: http://pastie.org/2422435

The log says downloading, but nothing after it, I tried it at multiple computers at my home and there everything works there...

BTW. RPG.zip is the texturepack

21. Offline

Mash

Thank you for the more informative response. I'll keep an eye on this project as I expect it will come to be as vital to my MineCraft experience as workbenches.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. 13 years with Perl, 4 years with VB (which is lol, sorry) and some experience with C/C++ and C#. Extensive knowledge with memhacking and can work my way around ASM.

22. Offline

RGadelha

Thanks @Wulfspider
    BTW, you and the dev team are doing a really great job. Congrats to you all :D

Edit:
    And still you've got time to respond newbie posts like that one I did :rolleyes:

23. Offline

Afforess

No problem. All development goes on github - we accept and encourage pull requests. Take a look at our milestones and issues lists to get a good feel for what is planned.

We are also on IRC in Esper net. #Spout and #Spoutdev

24. Offline

Tramwhet

Hello,
    I have a problem, i just installed spout but i can't use some of options, they are grey :/

Attached Files:

25. Offline

Afforess

That's because the server has disabled them. Ask your admins to enable visual cheating in their spout config.

26. Offline

Kenshin

HI !
    I'm trying to change some option on the Launcher but I can't edit him. I'm using eclipse and I had to import it manually, because git is on read only. I have no error and when i'm creating the .jar (I do export / jar file). But when i'm clicking on the jar. I have an error.
    Thanks for yout help

Attached Files:

27. Offline

Afforess

Pretty sure you have to use maven to build the launcher - check with @alta189 to be sure.

28. Offline

Taranis01

Name of project: Spout
    Build: 134
    Description of issue: Internal exception
    Steps to reproduce: Non Spoutcraft users (clean minecraft.jar) gets this error when connectiong to the server:"Internal exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 195"
    The server-side error:
    http://pastie.org/private/zpkju4imtcf83quiuhodng

I also have the Problem, that (using the Spoutcraft launcher) pressing W opens the Inventory. After deactivating all Spoutplugins, its gone. Does anyone know which SpoutPlugin is the reason for this?

29. Offline

Dephurites

Exporting as a jar file or runnable jar file?

30. Offline

plornt

What plugins have you got as I cant remember exactly what plugin it was (naming it will jog my memory) but I had this problem with it. As soon as I removed it, it all worked fine.

31. Offline

Taranis01

I have Highlighter, mcMMO, MobDisguise, Ore obfuscation, Shortcuts, SpoutBackpack, SpoutTest and SpoutWallet
    none of them should use the W for any feature :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.