Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

Kane

@Afforess Pretty big mess up you did. I'm really disappointed. This forced download stuff has caused so many problems for people. This is why I'm against other plugins using other plugins. Now I have to shutdown my server and wait for things to work right for all plugins I use or remove some plugins like logblock that is a vital part of my server.

java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: perm

EDIT by lukegb: removed swears kthx

3. Offline

Afforess

@Kane sorry you feel that way, it's not forced, you can disable it in the config.

Or turn off auto update in the config.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  4. Offline

Kane

I know I just fucking saw that now I feel like an ass and fail :(

LOL Sorry haha. Anyways backed up the old one anyways thanks for your time :S

5. Offline

Afforess

There is a MM build for 1k+ in the thread, I posted a link to it.

I'm unsure what kind of answer you hope to get from a post like this.

If you disagree with my fundamental assessment of Modloader, that's fine. BukkitContrib SP is optional. Always has been, always will be.

Yeah, it's okay. No hard feelings. ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

matejdro

I just got this error spamming:

Code:
    00:23:21 [INFO] [BukkitContrib] Unexpected Behavior in ContribCraftBlock.getRela
    tive(...)! Attempting to compensate.
    00:23:21 [INFO] [BukkitContrib] Unexpected Behavior in ContribCraftBlock.getRela
    tive(...)! Failed to compensate!
    00:23:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PortalStick
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkitcontrib.block.ContribCraftChunk cannot b
    e cast to org.bukkitcontrib.block.ContribCraftChunk
            at org.bukkitcontrib.block.ContribCraftBlock.getRelative(ContribCraftBlo
    ck.java:105)
    ck.java:111)
    ck.java:1)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.portalstick.util.BlockUtil.getFaceOfMaterial(Bloc
    kUtil.java:31)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.portalstick.listeners.PortalStickPlayerListener.o
    nPlayerMove(PortalStickPlayerListener.java:223)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:286)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:332)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:164)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    It seems that BukkitContrib is kicking in for some reason. I only use normal block.getRelative() without any bukkitcontrib references.

7. Offline

Afforess

I'm going to address the 4 major complains in the last 10 pages here:

Help, I'm getting an exception trace with "NoSuchFieldException: 'perms'" in it!

Update to Bukkit 1k. If auto updates bother you, you can disable it in the config. The option to disable auto updates has always been there. Sorry about the hassle.

Help, WorldEditCUI is not working any more!

An inevitable break. It was keep WorldEditCUI support or add native HD textures. Native HD Textures won. Even if native HD textures had lost, it would have broken eventually, just maybe 3 weeks from now. Fortuantely, in a few weeks when I add a client plugin system, there is nothing stopping sk89q from writing a client side WorldEdit plugin for BukkitContrib.

If your problem is not here, please PM or post here about it, I will attempt to resolve it ASAP.

My bad, easy to fix though... give me a few minutes to push a fix.

8. Offline

HunterAP

Download limits? When sending texture packs, I seem to cap at 16,384 kb. Is there a setting in BukkitContrib or BukkitContribEssentials that controls this?

9. Offline

Afforess

Heh, my bad, I think I know where the problem is. I'll fix it next release.

10. Offline

Kainzo

After two reloads - this kicks up.
    http://pastie.org/2239784

latest RB / latest contrib.

2011-07-19 17:40:10 [INFO] [BukkitContrib] Unexpected Behavior in ContribCraftBlock.getRelative(...)! Attempting to compensate.
    2011-07-19 17:40:10 [INFO] [BukkitContrib] Unexpected Behavior in ContribCraftBlock.getRelative(...)! Failed to compensate!

11. Offline

Afforess

Yep - someone else pointed it out too - am fixing right now.

12. Offline

Deadlystrike

@Afforess is it safe to use this plugin? im seeing all these errors... or are these just cases of user error?

13. Offline

blthemusicman

so just copy and paste everything in? i see thank you!

14. Offline

Afforess

If you are on the latest Recommended Build, totally safe.

15. Offline

Asanay

[bookshelf]:oops: [brickblock]

Unpack the archive # 50 BukkitContrib SP-dev-SNAPSHOT-MAC-1.7.3.zip there 7 bugs
    This is how it should be ....?

16. Offline

Afforess

Um what? 7 Bugs? The dev snapshot is still not 100% working, and it says "Warning! may be unstable!". Use the official build.

17. Offline

Wulfspider

Working on that right now. Sorry I missed your post.

18. Offline

Olat

@Afforess

INC Wall of Text and Questions in General
    Show Spoiler

After reading through the desc, and your comments about other client side mods. I understand you feel they are really coded quite poorly. So how does a plugin developer from a SSP stand point then port over their mod into SMP using bukkitcontrib? From what I've seen on the forums here the main one people use is Itemcraft and its well alot of random people porting over what ever plugins they like best from SSP, and it doesnt seem to well organized.

So how long till we start seeing the port of the major SSP mods? Does this require the use of installing those mods client side as well as a client side version of BukkitContrib? Or was the whole point to make the Swap from SSP -> SMP less of a hassle and all you need client side is Modloader, ModloaderMP and Bukkitcontrib?

I guess im just confused on the difference and the intentions of this vs itemcraft...
    As of Right now im using Itemcraft on my 2 servers, 1 of them running Industrialcraft, the other running many mods from the forums and a few SSP mods to give Kslopes and Fancypack... I personally would like to use BukkitContrib due to the plugin's already out and the fact that Nossr from mcMMO is planning to use them. Me and him have been working on a major update to mcMMO and I can see he plans to use BukkitContrib and I would like to benefit from this update. As of right now though switching to BukkitContrib would mean losing alot of neat features for my server.

Is there an ETA or is there gunna be a push for when SSP mods will start to filter in using Bukkit, or are you just making the API and they need to do the porting them selves?

TLDR; Just wondering the difference and purpose of BukkitContrib vs Itemcraft. Stating I would like to use BC but I would lose on on the 3-4 client side mods Im using right now. Wondering if this is going to be all User Ported SSP -> SMP mods w/ BC or if thats even the point. Are you gunna release a non Alpha version and then start pushing for Ported Mods?

19. Offline

alta189

Client mod API release date is in 3 -4 weeks. BukkitContrib and ItemCraft are completely different right now

20. Offline

Afforess

At the moment, there is no way to make existing SP mods compatible with BukkitContrib. I understand that is not acceptable, but it's only a temporary phase. I am focusing all of my dev time on BukkitContrib and after 0.2 will be client side plugin system (much like Bukkit's server plugin system) and client modders will have the opportunity to port over then. I may provide some custom ports of popular mods myself to encourage adoption.

If I were in your position, I'd adopt a wait and see pattern. At the moment, you're not losing much by not switching. In 3 weeks, it could be a completely different story.

21. Offline

Asanay

Client Mod Installer v0.1 sure bet?
    I find it hard to understand in many plugins because I'm from Russia and is difficult to translate the text in google

22. Offline

Afforess

Okay. Yes.

I will host a wiki for this plugin soon, and you're free to translate it to other languages when I do.

23. Offline

Asanay

Thanks boss =) (convenient for me to plugin)

24. Offline

matejdro

Will this client mod system work without bukkit? So i can play it in SSP?

25. Offline

Redyugi

The client mod doesn't do anything for SSP. It's only for multiplayer. So, you can play on SSP, but nothing will change. lol.

26. Offline

Milchshakee

I turned it of...but it auto updates too :(

27. Offline

Raphfrk

Not sure if that is true. I think the plan is that the server would tell the client what plugins to enable/disable and would download any missing plugins*. That way the client would have matching mods to the server.

However, there doesn't seem to be any reason why there couldn't be a menu option for enabling/disabling and downloading plugins for SSP (assuming the plugin makes sense for single player).

[*] Actually, this brings up the question of where to host the files. Should the plugin author or server owner provide the bandwidth :).

28. Offline

matejdro

Well, if this would not support SSP, then there is not much point in making client-side plugins. Rather only expose API to server, so server-side plugins can control client.

I'm asking this, because people want bukkit plugins in SSP and this seems to be closest we would get to currently.

29. Offline

lub4095

Plaese Help! This is the third time I post. Is there no fix for this? I have MC only patched for HD texture packs and only with bukkit contrib client mod. My server has no other plugins except bukkit contrib. When I login everything is fine, but if someone else logs in while I am logged in... MC crashes for both. The server log doesn't show any errors only connection reset. Yes my friend has bukkit contrib client mod aswell. Running MC 1.7.2, Bukkit 953, bukkit contrib 0.1.7

30. Offline

nossr50

Could I get an example of how I would load custom sound effects into my plugin?

I'm assuming I need to have the clients download the sound effects when they login and then I can use the SoundManager to play the sounds, but forgive my newbishness as I'm not familiar enough with Java to understand how to handle this in my programming.

Would it be possible to have the sound files inside my plugin jar and have it coded to send the files from my plugin to the client?

Forgive me if I'm completely misunderstanding any steps of this process, I just want to add custom sounds

And I have some questions (forgive me as I haven't read in detail about the GUI stuff)
    1. Will I be able to have a custom image for the GUI widgets, for example an experience bar I've crafted up in paint
    2. Will I be able to toggle the look of GUI widgets on the fly (because an experience bar needs to fill up)
    3. Will I be able to create my own GUI menus with click-able buttons?
    4. Will I be able to modify the look of the player inventory screen?

31. Offline

Afforess

It will not be a 1:1 mapping for bukkit on the client. Do not expect to drop and drag existing plugins and expect it to work. It may be easy to convert, but not exact.

Also, there will be 2 types of plugins, 1 type will be MP plugin, which can not alter game state (no changing blocks, etc), whereas SP plugins can change the game state considerably.

Don't use MC patcher - it's already included. Reset your jar, install bukitcontrib, and play.

For sending sound files, you will need some sort of host for them. Sending them from the jar would not work, they are too large and it would lag the client from receiving other critical info from the server. Web hosting is ridiculous cheap these days.

1.) Yes - https://github.com/Afforess/BukkitContrib/issues/11
    2.) Yes - https://github.com/Afforess/BukkitContrib/blob/master/src/org/bukkitcontrib/gui/Widget.java#L22
    3.) Yes - https://github.com/Afforess/BukkitContrib/issues/12
    4.) Not initially. Give me a better idea of what you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.